Centennial Foodservice

Centennial Foodservice Employee Reviews

Canada39 reviews

greatworkpeoplejobcompanyenvironmenthardplace

Honest Company

This company is a decent place to work. They don't pay you as much as you could elsewhere but the trade off is that once you're off the clock, you're off and aren't expected of anything else. Decent sized break room with free coffee. Drivers are expected to manage themselves with respect to time and locations of their deliveries.

Pros

When you're off hours, you're off. Will not be contacted unless it's an actual emergency

Cons

Long hours, slightly less pay. Management is stubborn to give proper raises.

Great Canadian Company

Centennial offers true work-life balance and the leadership teams truly do everything they can to support you, no matter what you are going through. People come first and it shows.This is a company that has been around for over 20 years. It is a protein company, it believes in ethical protein products & distribution. *Keep supporting and believing in your people - it goes really far! Keep supporting the culture Keep challenging your teams, they love it! Keep working to bring the best out of everyone.

Pros

Great team evens, Bonus programs, new office space, people

Insights into Centennial Foodservice

Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues

They have great products, but make many bad decisions.

Honestly, working there was kind of torturous.The BM (if that conjures images of something else you wouldn't be far off in that either) or branch manager seems to be running that branch in such a downward spiral you should use it to uncork a bottle wine, that working here has caused you to drink. Everyone who cares has left or has burnt out to the point they no longer care. If you don't care you'll do well. If you work hard and finish on time, you'll be rewarded with other people's work. So take your time, don't care, clock in, clock out. Plan your escape.

Pros

It's a paycheck

Cons

You will questioning the validy of "Halon's Razor"

Welcoming, fun and engaging

They were welcoming. They gabe me a shot when I needed a job. They gave me opportunities that Can help me later on(Forklift Cretification). They were considerate when I needed A sick day or a dayoff.

Pros

Fun workplace.

no leadership

Has a high-school based sense of job environment, it has a lot of drama. If your short staffed for a shift your on your own. if you keep your head down and do you. you'll be fine.

Somewhere to grow and learn

Centennial Foodservices Calgary branch for me has been a great experience. I have learned so much in my time here, and look forward to being able to learn more. The managers I have had experiences with are incredible, they are always open to hearing my thoughts and opinions and do a really good job at making me feel heard.

A Long term oriented, people centric business

They believe in promoting from within and are building programs to address diversity and inclusion in an industry that has a long way to go. Was very impressed in the way the pandemic was handled, really focused on safety of staff and their families.

Immediately no

Super negative environment. If you aren’t part of the families that work there you will be treating like poo and walked all over. Everyone shares everyone’s personal information including the boss. Very unprofessional and drama filled work environment. If you like crying at least once a day while being screamed at for $16.50-18 an hour by people who think they are better than you, then this is the place to work!

Productive and Repetitive

Amazing and Very friendly staff and supportive management. Safety is number one priority, Excellent Benefits, Working in cold environment, but its fine.

Good benefits, good team

Work hard but company looks out for us. Kept us working during covid. Staff can buy stuff at cost or sometimes better. Also get cash bonuses sometimes

Warehouse Employee

Working at Centennial was fun someday and others not so much. You are payed just above minimum wage. Co workers where the best part about the job and made bad days easier to work.

Pros

Great Co workers

Cons

management

na

i loved working at Cenntennial FoodServices because of the friendly and caring staff. Work i must say is sometimes very stressful but when you have your team with you it doesnt seem as hard to meet a deadline

not a great place to work.

not a good place to work, cold environment, poor wages. very little training, no safety culture, no work life balance, no overhead support provided by supervisors or managers.

Centennial Food Service

Excellent company, with great training, and lots of opportunities for advancement. If you are willing to work hard, and adapt to a fast paced environment, they will take excellent care of you. Treated all staff like family.

Ecellent Company, and Excellent Wages

Good company, excellent pay structure, good management, good vacation time, good benefits, good people, relaxed environment, bonueses, staff purchasses.

Sucked

Prince george cenntennial was like working with people who have the mentality of a high school kid. They talk behind a customers/ staffs back constantly. Was hard to endure.

a terrible place to work!!

honestly a terrible place to work! way under paid!!! taken for granted almost everyday wouldn't work there ever again! Seems that all management cared about was a Christmas party,,,,well I'm sorry a Christmas party doesn't pay your rent or your bills!!!

Excellent Company

Excellent company, excellent management,. Very supportive environment, excellent training programs, and even better benefits and compensation. I highly recommend this company.

Productive and Great People

Centennial Foodservice is a very good company to work for. They are part of a larger organization with many options to offer their customers. Work hard is recognized.

They fire anyone who claims WCB

Every single employee here who claims WCB is fired shortly after their claim ends and sometimes while they are still requiring treatment. Management came up with a position where someone who should have been at home resting and recovering from a major surgery instead sat in a refrigerated area and did nothing.This was of course simply to save on WCB premiums. Still I would work here again. the people are much better than yhe management.

labor

well we had to punch in on a time clock. we had to wear a hard hat plus steel toe boats hair net white coat .plus we had to work alone side federal inspector

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Centennial Foodservice. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement