Centennial College

Tutor34 reviews
Canada34 reviews

studentcollegetutorstudycampusknowledgeschoolevent

fun working as a tutor

working as a tutor in centennial college has always been exciting experience for me. its a great experience to meet various people of different cultures and listen and share your own opinion on similar subjects.

Pros

relaxed and flexible hours

Cons

on spot bookings

A fun workplace and good environment

It is amazing working with Centennial College. The co-workers are friendly, every day is a new challenge. I learned how to work in a fast pace environment, negotiate with clients and manage team members.

Insights into Centennial College

What people like
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Clear sense of purpose

Excellent place to work

Worked with a supportive team, which increased my understanding regarding the use of metacognition while supporting students with or without disabilities.

Good for students

Very good part time jobs for students who want to maintain study/work balance. Friendly management, some training. In general job is much better then in any other institutions

Its awesome to work here

i have got an amazing opportunity to work here a s progress. It is amazing to see how easily we can bond with each other, here. If you abide by the rules, there is nothing to worry about(and the rules are more of common sense than rules).

Good campus but not good processes

Good campus but not good processes. Specifically for Project Management, some subjects are not well covered or include topics which are not really relevant

productive place

-productive work environment -great mentors - all resources available -regular training sessions -regular counseling sessions -advance software -reviewing

difficult courses, hard to graduate

Centennial Nursing is a very difficult program, even you try very hard to study, sometimes you can not even get high marks. The clinical instructor sometimes fail students without reasonable reasons

It was a great experience working there.

It was good working in the company as it enriched my knowledge and understanding of certain concepts I learned in class such as circuit analysis, systematic way of solving engineering problems.

Nice staff to work with

The staff is always helpful and friendly. It was a great place to work while in school. The pay was decent for a very part time position with minimal hours. It gave me a chance to review class notes, and to learn other subjects as well. I enjoyed it.

Pros

works with school schedule

Cons

people dont show up some days for appointments so you are waiting.

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Centennial College?

Peer Tutor

It is a great job for a good student. Your already at school all the time and probably helping people, so why not get paid too. Great experience in teaching and helps you retain your course content too.

Overall Good Experience

Overall Good Experience. Be strict about timings and commitment. Preparation required before tutoring. Could have increased the pay for Peer circle learning.

Peer tutor

AMazing opportunity for me to develop my communication skills. I had the chance to assist my peers in their confidence building. I was able to apply my knowledge of the program content.

Great College

It was an amazing journey. Centennial college offers a great opportunity to study and work. The courses are up to date and the professors have strong background.

friendly co-workers

Co-workers are great, but the management is not really good. There are many conflicts in information between staff. Service staff is lack of friendliness due to some reasons

productive

- Invest in their staff and provide opportunities to progress in your career. - Managers are approachable to provide ideas and feedback. - Challenging projects and ability to make positive change. - Flexibility to allow for work/life balance.

Great experience for current students.

This job has allowed me to build on my knowledge gained through the program I am currently enrolled in. I am grateful for the opportunity to work as a peer tutor.

Pros

Its a great opportunity to continue to learn and retain important information.

Cons

Not enough work hours

rewarding work, low pay/ poor arrangements for tutors

worked as a peer tutor. very personally rewarding job for those who enjoy to teach. inconsiderable towards students hours. had to stay in school extra 10 hours every week in case somebody does book an appointment (sometimes 5 min before the actual appointment). some weeks, nobody booked appointments, so staid extra hours in school frequently with no appointments and no pay at all (paid only per hour when i have an appointment).

Opportunities to meet with some wonderful people

As a tutor, everyday I had the opportunities to meet some nice people. They come across to find solutions of their academic issues like understanding of any theory or current financial issues. So tutoring is also challenging and interesting also.

Pros

learning opportunities

Cons

low pay

It's a peer tutor work.

I worked during my studies period, enjoyed teaching to my friends. Some time it's hart to teach or explain to some students. I enjoyed teaching Math and Physics.

It is glad that I ever worked in Centennial

I am so happy I had chance to work in Centennial College. Ii is a precious experience. During I was working there, the hardest part is how to guide students to understand content in textbooks.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Centennial College. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.7 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement