Centennial College

Centennial College Employee Reviews for Professor

Professor20 reviews
Canada20 reviews

Excellent

Great place to work! Good environment. Good infrastructure and facilities. Supportive staff and management. Students are respectful. Expanding and upgrading facilities.

Don't count on it as long term opportunity.

All teaching positions are contract now. Yes the hourly rate is good but they don't pay you for the time outside of the classroom when you are prepping, marking, setting up each course. The culture/atmosphere changes drastically between departments. If you're over 45 don't bother- you cost too much.

Insights into Centennial College

What people like
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Clear sense of purpose

Great culture

Once you get a full time job, you are set for life, but will not likely get one. They are using part timers for most hires. Les benefits to pay out.

Great college ! Love working here !

Amazing, well equipped college. I love working here! The students are motivated and hungry for knowledge. My colleagues are all very knowledgeable. They all hold masters at minimum, most of them PhDs. My manager is caring, kind and very professional. She does not micromanage me so I get the freedom to support my learners any way I can. ♥️ Great place to work!

School of Hospitality - Management Group are horrendous bullies

In the School of Hospitality, the dean and chairs are horrendous to work for. They hire their friends for key positions and ignore contributions by senior instructors- especially those there on contract. A terrible culture, you never know from one day to the next if you have any hours. They use their senior teachers to develop programs, then give courses to recent graduates of the program to teach. These “teachers” have no teaching nor industry experience and expect other teachers to teach them how to conduct class. An absolute joke! Anyone with a breath and a check book is accepted into the School of Hospitality, no screening, no credentials needed. Popular with those seeking to get into Canada.

Pros

New building

Cons

Nepotism and terrible employee culture created by management

Challenging

work environment is challenging and not necessarily supportive properly for the students and the faculty in a beneficial manner. More focused on budget instead of the students and how to help the faculty delivery the content effectively to the students in a supportive manner.

Pros

great colleagues

Cons

very long hours and not supportive at times

Great College to Attend and Work Within

Enjoyed working at Centennial College. The work/life balance was doable. The salary could have been more competitive. The security of the job could be more stable. Managing bodies were very nice and understanding.

good work place

very exciting place to work friendly staff and co workers the job is face paced . It can be stressful at times but there is always available support for the staff.

benefits

Cons

contract work

New experiment

Friendly work environment with a large variety of opportunity to improve. Ability to work based on your schedule and availability in the part-time instructor position.

A lot of prep work

Interesting place - teaching is a lot of prep work for very little teaching time and you are only compensated for the two hours of teaching time - not the prep or marketing etc,

Pros

good kids - good atmosphere

Cons

only paid for 2 hours of teaching time

Reflecting the changing nature of education

Centennial College strives to embrace inclusive, non-judgmental approaches to education, emphasizing the potential of online/distance learning. A wonderfully rich and complex place to teach, but could use more orientation for new faculty.

Pros

progressive

Cons

inadequate orientation for new faculty

A place to keep on growing

I truly have received an education while working at school. I've learned about dealing with people from all different walks of life and how important empathy in the workplace is. I thought I was supposed to be the teacher but over the years I've come to realize that I am more of a student learning from the people I work with and my students. I feel very grateful for this amazing experience. I LOVE to learn, and the more opportunity I get to be around various people gives me a bigger school to learn from.

Pros

Flexible work schedules.

Cons

Distance. I live an hour away by car and with the traffic the drive keeps getting longer.

To heavy a workload for the dollar!

Course Material was not up to date or easily accessible in some cases. Students were in some cases not willing to do the work but expected good marks and college officials seemed to bow down to the students!

A wonderful time when i teach

Its Exciting to work here, I enjoy to teach students. Everybody is very cooperative. Everybody assist each other and share their knowledge.

Wonderful Place to work with great professionals

It is a wonderful place to work with dedicated staff. The atmosphere is great and energizing. Facilities are top notch and well maintained. Hardest part i

Professional Services

CC is a wonderful place to grow and learn for students and faculty alike. I enjoy providing legal instruction to their students.

Pros

open learning environment

Cons

This position was extremely rewarding in that I saw the results of my work manifested in my students.

With my skill set and life perspective, I could not hope for a position better suited to me. My colleagues were most supportive and professional and I grew both personally and professionally.

Great achievement with students success

It is comforting to see and watch students achievde their potential and go on to higher education (University)

Cons

Enyoyed long hours

Best Employer

I can honestly say that Centennial College is the most inspirational place to teach.

Great place to work.

Good place to work. Supportive staff. Working with the students is very rewarding. Being able to make positive changes in a young person's life is encouraging and inspires hope of a bright and promising future.

Pros

supportive

Cons

part time

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Centennial College. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.7 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement