Centennial College
Happiness score is 72 out of 100

Centennial College Employee Reviews

Canada374 reviews

studentcollegetutorstudycampusknowledgeschoolevent

Relaxed and flexible hours to work

Great work environment and management is really nice.Work hours were flexible along with options to work from home.Nice opportunities available for students to work part time.

Productive and fun place to work.

Management and Staff are very professional and easy to work with. You gain alot of knowledge and gain experience in every aspect. Students whether old or new to the college are very respectful and easy going. Alot of Diversity at the college.

Insights into Centennial College

What people like
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Clear sense of purpose

It was very good place to work people were very nice but their policies were horrible and the work culture is not up to the mark they didn’t care much aboyt their employees

If you are looking for Coop employment, this is a very good start for whom focus on Customer Experience.

You don't have many tasks, everyone is friendly and helpful. However, it can be stressful sometimes due to the high number of students occasionally. Some students are rude but colleagues will try to protect each other at best.

Expect Burnout...

The Finance department is severely understaffed and not prioritized. People are overworked and not adequately supported.Many people are leaving because slow/delayed hiring narratives are business as usual - a perpetual need for unpaid overtime in order to weather pandemic financial climate, even though other departments are spending huge budgets on hiring.

Learn a lot. Friendly staff.

Great place to work. Pay is too less though. But you get to learn a lot. The people are friendly and supportive. You have to put more efforts if you want to grow here.

productive great place to work

It works with high-tech devices, works with great professionals, and focuses on developing society with equity and equality, working for student welfare and safety.

Loved working there

very respectful environment, fun working around students. I learn to deal with many different cultures. I would love to work with them again. GREAT MANAGEMENT!

Pros

Amazing place to work, if you can, work there!

Cons

Contract signing every six months, other than that I would have stayed.

Fast pace but you get to learn a lot

I took up a three month project management internship at ARIES (Applied Research, Innovation and Entrepreneurship Services) department at Centennial College and it was very good. I worked remotely and learned how to manage multiple projects effectively. It was a remote job but i still felt connected to my colleagues as it was an inclusive workspace.

Productive and Window to real world work

Working at WIMTACH is very useful in a sense that it provides students to have hands on experience with problem from clients. The most enjoyable part of the job is you grow everyday. You learn new skills which you cannot learn at College.

Amazing place to work

I have been with the company for almost 9 years. It has been an absolute pleasure to be able to learn and grow professionaly. The people I work for are absolutely amazing. Student benefits are always the first priority. I would recommend the company any day.

Loved working with the talented team at Centennial College!

A collaborative and supportive team environment - still miss the diverse creative days there as I roamed around with my camera capturing online content of the students. So much going on activity wise. Fabulous College!

Pros

Exploring all of the campuses with my camera and meeting all the students!

Good for Engineering students to learn more about different machines and equipments.

I worked as a student tool crib attendant. It was a good experience as I got to work in different labs and Machine shop. It as well helped me to increase my knowledge of all the tool and equipments.

Pros

Flexible hours

Cons

Some times have to manage more than one lab which could make initial 15 mins a bit hectic

Don't trust these people!

The team suffering from mismanagement, The managers were busy or tried not to spend any time with some team members at all! the reason? never bother themselves to explain what is the issue! so judgmental environment especially for new joiners! they say sth and behave the opposite way! the more you try the more they push you back! the follow-up process took so long that you get demotivated to ask for anything anymore! they have toxic behavior even if you decide to ignore and leave them...

Inclusive & Supportive

Professionalim and fun at the same time. Cool minded Supervisers. Very inclusive non-racist environment. Positive approach towards learning and helping each other. Guided tasks. Latest technology advancements and ahead of other educational institutions during virtual-times.

Pros

Own Cabin

Productive and fun workplace

A typical day on a work is busy.I have learned so many things regarding the electrical engineeringmanagement is also the well done.workplace culture is so friendly and supportive.The hardest part of the job is time management.the most enjoyable part is you got a chance to teach students.

Productive and fun place to work

The college provided a great environment to work and study. It was an open, respectful and honest environment. The team looked out for each other, which made working easier.

Productive and fun work place

Good company,, good work place,, all workers helping each other,,all workers finish all job before the end of time,,team leader gives clear instruction before start to work,

I would have to say sometimes good and other times challenging

It would be good for colleges to stop hiring contract workers in the near future.Be transparent with all of their employees.Promote a culture where equality is transparent

Pros

Close to home

Cons

lack of benefits for part-time workers...not good

Really poor management

Really poor management of teams - the blind leading the blind. No opportunities for learning and developing horrible management, really experienced a lot of unprofessional behaviour From management.

Pros

Great benefits

Cons

The school needs a faculty upgrade The faculty were disjointed

The faculty within design was not helpful in any way they lack resources in IT and in supplies for students The coordination at the time was very disorganized

Pros

Cons

Many

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Centennial College. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.7 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement