Centennial College

Canada364 reviews

Insights into Centennial College

What people like
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Clear sense of purpose
Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues

Loved working with the talented team at Centennial College!

A collaborative and supportive team environment - still miss the diverse creative days there as I roamed around with my camera capturing online content of the students. So much going on activity wise. Fabulous College!

Pros

Exploring all of the campuses with my camera and meeting all the students!

Good for Engineering students to learn more about different machines and equipments.

I worked as a student tool crib attendant. It was a good experience as I got to work in different labs and Machine shop. It as well helped me to increase my knowledge of all the tool and equipments.

Pros

Flexible hours

Cons

Some times have to manage more than one lab which could make initial 15 mins a bit hectic

Don't trust these people!

The team suffering from mismanagement, The managers were busy or tried not to spend any time with some team members at all! the reason? never bother themselves to explain what is the issue! so judgmental environment especially for new joiners! they say sth and behave the opposite way! the more you try the more they push you back! the follow-up process took so long that you get demotivated to ask for anything anymore! they have toxic behavior even if you decide to ignore and leave them...

Inclusive & Supportive

Professionalim and fun at the same time. Cool minded Supervisers. Very inclusive non-racist environment. Positive approach towards learning and helping each other. Guided tasks. Latest technology advancements and ahead of other educational institutions during virtual-times.

Pros

Own Cabin

Productive and fun workplace

A typical day on a work is busy.I have learned so many things regarding the electrical engineeringmanagement is also the well done.workplace culture is so friendly and supportive.The hardest part of the job is time management.the most enjoyable part is you got a chance to teach students.

Productive and fun place to work

The college provided a great environment to work and study. It was an open, respectful and honest environment. The team looked out for each other, which made working easier.

Productive and fun work place

Good company,, good work place,, all workers helping each other,,all workers finish all job before the end of time,,team leader gives clear instruction before start to work,

I would have to say sometimes good and other times challenging

It would be good for colleges to stop hiring contract workers in the near future.Be transparent with all of their employees.Promote a culture where equality is transparent

Pros

Close to home

Cons

lack of benefits for part-time workers...not good

Really poor management

Really poor management of teams - the blind leading the blind. No opportunities for learning and developing horrible management, really experienced a lot of unprofessional behaviour From management.

Pros

Great benefits

Cons

The school needs a faculty upgrade The faculty were disjointed

The faculty within design was not helpful in any way they lack resources in IT and in supplies for students The coordination at the time was very disorganized

Pros

Cons

Many

do not trust this institution

This institution, specifically the senior management, are not trustworthy. They will lie to your face. Shameful behaviour on the part of the executive. I am disgusted.

Pros

Seem nice at first

Cons

dishonorable, lacking integrity

Good place to work at

Nice place to work at, the work environment is very productuve. There are many opportunities available to learn. Really good infrastructure and facilities.

Assisted students with understanding of 3D Animation Course materials and efficient approaches to assignments. Nice equipments and working condition, kind employer.

It was very good working

It was very good working with the ccsai staff as it is a student association center where the students studying at the college can come and work there.

Pros

Friendly

Cons

Short hours

This is a great place to work with purposeful initiatives towards the Canadian economy and the student's future successes. The handling of the COVID transition felt almost seamless and it shows care for its employees during stressful events as such. They also provide nice training opportunities under Centennial COLTs.

Good learning during studying

This was much of a volunteer job rather then real job. But it was fun to help other kids and have a glimpse of real world job scenario. Apart from that, you get to meet people of differend background.

Co-op review

My supervisors listen and were understandable. I was able to fine tune my skills such as using the lathe and milling machine. I got good advice from teachers as well as past students on how to improve as well how to prepare in the workforce. Still there was lack of projects that applied to the industry.

Pros

Get good advice from teachers and past student who took the co-op

Cons

lack of real-world applications to industry

Positive and Productive place of employment

I Worked part-time.I was responsible for preparing materials, recording notes, doing follow-ups, and conducting intakes, and interviewing participants.

Fast Paced work environment but collaboration, team work and flexibility in the work space makes Centennial College an amazing place to work for.

At Centennial, mutual respect and appreciation is the top-most requirement to succeed. I was a student at Centennial College as well as worked there as a part time office assistant in their International Admissions Department. Dealing with student from all over the world with different ethnicity and culture provided me a good base and understanding to work in a diverse work environment. Also, working for a year at Centennial helped me get acclimatized with professional Canadian work environment.

Lots of opportunities to learn

Very nice and friendly place to work at but the hours are very dependent on the school's schedule which makes it difficult to have flexibility. And you have to be very diligent to hours.

Pros

Very relaxed and easy work

Cons

Hours are very hard to get

Weekend Job

Provided pay and additional learning. Was A comfortable Environment to work in. with both rushed and calm pace work. A great Management team that made training fun.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Centennial College. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.2