Centennial College Employee Reviews

good work place
Professor (Current Employee) –  morningside campus16 April 2018
very exciting place to work friendly staff and co workers the job is face paced . It can be stressful at times but there is always available support for the staff.
benefits
Cons
contract work
fun and fast-paced
Administrative Staff (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 April 2018
It was a part time job. I was attending school at centennial collage and was also working there as an administrative staff. I was able to get close to the professors and understand the collage procedures better.
New experiment
Professor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 March 2018
Friendly work environment with a large variety of opportunity to improve. Ability to work based on your schedule and availability in the part-time instructor position.
Full time course for Medical Office Administration
Student (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON20 March 2018
Centennial College is one of the best schools I have attended. Teachers are dedicated to teaching their students very well. I enjoyed learning about human anatomy and other courses that comes with the study overall.
Busy day
International Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 March 2018
Always super busy, • Creating letter of acceptance for applicants
• Assisting agents and students in obtaining all pertinent information required to study at Centennial College
• Collaborating with financial department in following up with pending information
• Booking assessment test for prospect and current students
• Dealing with student’s complaints
Great experience for current students.
PEER TUTOR (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 March 2018
This job has allowed me to build on my knowledge gained through the program I am currently enrolled in. I am grateful for the opportunity to work as a peer tutor.
Pros
Its a great opportunity to continue to learn and retain important information.
Cons
Not enough work hours
A family culture
Assistant Cross Country/ Indoor Track Coach (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 February 2018
In my four year with the school it has been great. The care and growth of the students is always great to see. Love working with my team in athletics.
Help students
Peer tutor (Former Employee) –  Library room21 February 2018
Good place to work for students. You will be working and studying at the same place, it is pretty convenient. You got to help junior students which will help them to pass their courses and make you understand even better.
Pros
Schedule
Cons
limit of working time
Great and fun place to work
Front desk coverage and exam invigilator (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON7 February 2018
A typical day is very busy, lots of students and staff in and out of the office.
I have learned to be focused and dependable
Management is very open and welcoming if there is ever an issue
I love every aspect of my job. The staff, students and the atmosphere is very positive.
Accounting Intern/Student Researcher, Centennial College
Student Researcher (Accounting Intern) (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 February 2018
My experiece in the Applied Research, Innovation and Entrepreneurship Services department at Centennial College has been exciting and a continuous learning process. It has provided me with the opportunity to apply my academic knowledge into the workplace. Learned a great deal on research processes and documentation, budget tracking, time tracking and research grant management software.

Great experience!
A lot of prep work
Professor (part-time) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 February 2018
Interesting place - teaching is a lot of prep work for very little teaching time and you are only compensated for the two hours of teaching time - not the prep or marketing etc,
Pros
good kids - good atmosphere
Cons
only paid for 2 hours of teaching time
amazing supervisor and colleges
Student Ambassador / Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 January 2018
I am a hospitality student and I learned a lot from this job and from my supervisor. I learned how to manage events on time and learned how to deal with new students.
Pros
learn new things such as managing events and travel different places
The review I can offer is no longer relevant
Web Developer, Marketing & Communications (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON27 January 2018
Centennial college provided me with a great starting place for my career just after graduating University. I worked in the marketing department along with the recruitment team and the people were very committed to their jobs. The management changed rapidly during my two years there. I left the job because a 2.5 hour commute each way from home was not workable. I can't really comment on what Centennial would be like to work for now as my job was so long ago.
Excellent work environment and a great place to learn a lot.
Mechanical Engineering Lab Technician (Co-op) (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 January 2018
I arrive at the machine shop, I usually continue on projects that I have assigned. I learned a lot of machining and also teaching since I was assisting the mechanical labs as well. The culture was very broad, the people are very friendly, and always willing the help you when you need it.
Contract Teacher (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 January 2018
Nice students and environment. I have been teaching here nce a week for 5 years, and I am enjoying my experience. Looking for more of a secure contract.
Reflecting the changing nature of education
Professor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 January 2018
Centennial College strives to embrace inclusive, non-judgmental approaches to education, emphasizing the potential of online/distance learning. A wonderfully rich and complex place to teach, but could use more orientation for new faculty.
Pros
progressive
Cons
inadequate orientation for new faculty
Student Ambassador
Student Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON13 December 2017
Answering the phone.Give directions to new students that don't know how to drive them selves around the college. Working as a team.Representing Centennial College as a Professional co-worker.
A place to keep on growing
Professor (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON7 December 2017
I truly have received an education while working at school. I've learned about dealing with people from all different walks of life and how important empathy in the workplace is. I thought I was supposed to be the teacher but over the years I've come to realize that I am more of a student learning from the people I work with and my students. I feel very grateful for this amazing experience. I LOVE to learn, and the more opportunity I get to be around various people gives me a bigger school to learn from.
Pros
Flexible work schedules.
Cons
Distance. I live an hour away by car and with the traffic the drive keeps getting longer.
rewarding work, low pay/ poor arrangements for tutors
Peer tutor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 October 2017
worked as a peer tutor. very personally rewarding job for those who enjoy to teach. inconsiderable towards students hours. had to stay in school extra 10 hours every week in case somebody does book an appointment (sometimes 5 min before the actual appointment). some weeks, nobody booked appointments, so staid extra hours in school frequently with no appointments and no pay at all (paid only per hour when i have an appointment).
Fun working at Centennial College
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON12 October 2017
Typical day at work when I come in is go to the office pick up the exams and set the class room up by turning on the lights, checking the students IDs and giving them the exams, supervising the students writing the exams.After collecting the exams and giving them back to the teachers.
Pros
enjoyed the work
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Centennial College. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3