Cenovus Energy

Cenovus Energy Work-life balance reviews

Clear
4.0Pay & benefits

Great company to work for!!

This company set the precedence for others to follow!Cenovus did take great care of their employees and it was appreciated. The best part was working in a group of SME's that acted like a team. This is to this day the highlight of my career. Could you image having a work environment where ego's were in check and everyone on the team look after each other?! Great times!Cenovus was a great company to work for and if I ever had the opportunity to back there again, I would accept it in a heart beat

Pros

Great company feel! Having every second Friday off helps having that work/life balance.

Cons

Long hours and high work loads.

All bosses...No Leaders

Good pay and benefits. The culture is good with people on your own level but Supervidors are all appointed by friends so there are mostly supervisors with very little management and leadership skills. It's hard to get behind the arrogance of the bosses who specialize in learning acronyms and trying to sound like big shots. Remember this is an oil company and is run by a bunch of roughneck type people. They know how to talk and always act like they are the smartest people in the room.

Pros

Pay and benefits

Cons

Poor management, constant reorganization and layoffs, arrogance in supervisors

Toxic environment.

At one time a great company but that has been strongly diminished by poor management and bad A&D decisions. Obviously, the Markets recognized what a bad decision they made with the ConocoPhillips Assets but the Management at the time thought differently.

Pros

Brookfield Place is a nice office space

Cons

Coworkers are nice and helpful, but management is extremely poor

Not a bad place to work to make a living, but the management is so poor, so not recommended for friends to work there! They spend too much time and energy on the so called safety meetings and morning huddles!

Pros

Free lunched and camp

Cons

Feeling of isolation

Great Company

I worked for Cenovus up to the Oil & Gas recession of 2015. During the boom times this was a very good company to work for; the culture was great, the pay high, and the benefits generous. However, I don't know how things re now, I have heard that they may have changed somewhat, but that is to be expected.

Good place to work at

My shift had a good group of guys and we all got along. It was safe place to work as they took safety seriously. Though i wanted to change shifts or move to another location they would not allow me and this hurt my home life as I didn't get to see my other half of my family and would not accommodate. I learned lots and got to work on all kinds of equipment and learned lots while i was there and got to work in all sections of the plant including off-sites. The pay was very competitive and benefits were excellent.

Productive and supportive environment

Work load was good, many opportunities to learn new skills, training opportunities were really good. Workplace had a positive culture, very supportive of each other.

Good work life balance

Good work life balance, Friendly co workers. Excellent and helpful camp employee's and management. Excellent kitchen staff that are always friendly and helpful

Excellent Company

Excellent company to work for in my experience. Pay was great, Living allowance made it worth while and 7/7 Shifts made for an excellent work-life balance. Training is exceptional, and everything was provided by the company. I should mention I was only there for a short period during my college steam time practicum, so I worked for Bowen Workplace Solutions contracted out to Cenovus Energy. My time there was nothing short of exceptional. One of the best companies I've worked with!

Operations

This is the only operating job I've ever had and I love it. I've worked terrible jobs and know what it feels like to be over worked and underpaid. I'll probably be a lifer.

Pros

Constantly learning

Cons

Inherent dangers of working in the Oilfield

Jobs at Cenovus Energy

See more jobs

Great place to work, Results Oriented, Team environment

Good culture, great colleagues, challenging, good management, strong team environment but need self-drive. compensated for performance. good work/life balance

Good camp, professional staff, open to improvements

Overall, a typical day at work, was positive and allowed room for improvement.There was always opportunity for growth. Management was open and receptive to new methods or processes which improved the work environment. The most difficult part of the job involved incontrollable elements - global economics. This said, the environment did its' best to keep the work place as positive as possible.

Gritty

Have you ever tried to eat sand? That’s the feeling cenovus leaves in your mouth. A taste of disappointment. Over worked under paid. Co workers are great but the job environment is gloomy. Only days people are happy are fly home days. Benefit- camp rooms and dining is nice

Nice place to work

I worked with some very nice Fly in Fly out was provided. I'm not sure now. The shift was 7/7 and camp accommodations were provided. Food was good! There was a gym on site as well.

Great company culture

Company culture pays attention to well-being of employees including its surrounding community as evident from its work-life balance policy, increase in company's benefit offering to support employees' mental health and how the company gives back to its community (e.g. provides opportunity for employees to volunteer and support non-profit organization, support to Calgary Stampede Family Breakfast, etc.)

Awesome company

Awesome company. Collaborative and engaging workplace. I really enjoy my co-workers and diversity of job duties. This is a great place to be but I am looking to expand my experiences.

Pros

Awesome company

Great

Excellent company. Tough during the down turns. New CEO is doing the right things. Excellent assets, will be a strong company if oil ever comes back.

Not a good place

Management is so far out of touch with reality. If you are a brown noser you will do good. Management egos are bigger than their houses. You are just a number. All the -37c days that you worked doesnt mean a thing. Seems like production did not matter as long as you put in your behavior observations.

Pros

Good pay

Cons

Day to day you dont no if you have a job.

Great to work for 12yrs

Employees truly came first with Cenovus. Their benefits and salaries were top amongst industry. Safety was a core value and was demonstrated daily. Top notch company.

Didn't work here very long

You kinda get lost being just a number with that many employees, I prefer smaller offices. Didn't feel like I learned much during 1 summer I worked there.

Watch your back

Your managers and supervisors are worried about one thing and it's themselves. Be prepared to get thrown under the bus to protect themselves. Typical workday was 100 miles an hour, non stop and exhausted by the end of each day.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cenovus Energy. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9Job security/advancement

Compare Cenovus Energy with

• Cenovus Energy
  • Work-Life Balance
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?