Cenovus Energy

Cenovus Energy Employee Reviews for Plant Operator

Great to work for 12yrs

Employees truly came first with Cenovus. Their benefits and salaries were top amongst industry. Safety was a core value and was demonstrated daily. Top notch company.

a lot of horrasments

rood environment with arrogant people, poor safety, poor communication, bulling coworkers, not well educated management with low experience and skills

Pros

nil

Cons

too many

Awesome company

Awesome company. Collaborative and engaging workplace. I really enjoy my co-workers and diversity of job duties. This is a great place to be but I am looking to expand my experiences.

Pros

Awesome company

Excelent corporate support

A very young workforce that will be better with maturity. We all had to start somewhere. Was a very well paid employee during my time there but things were changing big time when I was laid off. It will be interesting to see if the right people will be the movers and shakers to make this a once again viable company to work for and invest in.

Pros

Adapting to change

Cons

Forced into many headquarter changes and a clear vision of where I would end up was never visible.

good people , over micro managed

Totally over managed and cuts have caused horrible stress environment to work at. Love the good people that are still there.

Pros

steady work

Cons

Enjoyed my time with Cenovus.

As with most companies that are expanding. Cenovus is having it shares of growing pains. I found management to be more interested in perception and what so and so said rather than results. Cenovus needs to concentrate more on results rather than here say. Stick with the facts. Over all I enjoyed my time there. I feel that the direction that they want to move in is probably in the right way. They need to get a better grip on junior managers and coordinators. Too many good people walking out the door and Cenovus not taking exit interviews to heart. I would recommend working for Cenovus but would wait until oil comes back. I feel the company managers and 46 Vice presidents do not realize that they are indeed top heavy. The thing I enjoyed about working there was definitely the people. Loved my Co Workers but during the bust period of oil, people are not doing work in fear of making mistakes so the responsibility is falling on the older work force to get the day to day stuff done. Younger mentality is if I don't do it I won't get blamed if it goes wrong. I should note that I was let go due to restructuring(honestly it was due health - don't get sick at Cenovus). It honestly was a relief. I was overworked and when unable to complete tasks do to the heavy workload time management on my part was always the question. This lead to heavy amounts of stress on my and my family in such a way that my health suffered. At the end of the day Health before wealth. I would rather work for minimum wage with friends and family by my side then making gobs of money and alone. This is a question -

Pros

Nice camp enviroment, Great Co workers, At least the ones you can trust and that crowd was getting smaller as time went on.

Cons

Certain Departments are overworked while others are underutalized, Lead to heavy amounts of stress and burnout

People are great, food is awesome, compensation is good, lots of opportunities for advancment. I reccoment Cenovus to everyone looking for a job in the oil and gas industry.

Good company, good benefits

Good crews to work with, given opportunities to take on more responsibilities, teamwork strongly emphasized, The drawback was the long commute to work daily, almost 4 hrs spent travelling after a 12 hour shift.

Pros

Excellent team members on crews.

Cons

time spent travelling to and from work

Variuos properties in Alberta.

I started out with AEC as a contract operator. Have worked at the following locations. Jenner Battery in Jenner AB, C-Oil battery in Suffield AB, Countess 8 Battery in Bassano AB Pelican Lake Battery in Wabasca AB. Became an employee in Oct 2000. Cenovus was a good company to work for.

Safe place to work

Management is confidentCo-workers are professionalsHardest part is weatherThe most enjoyable part of the jon is lunch

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Cenovus Energy?

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cenovus Energy. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9Job security/advancement