Cenovus Energy

Cenovus Energy Employee Reviews for Administrative Assistant

Okay company

Worked there for 9 years. Had good reviews, good rapport with co-workers and supervisors. Training is available and was used. It's been a tough few years for employees. Hope they figure it out.

Great teams, leadership not so great

Leadership can't be spineless, issues have to be dealt with or the whole team is let down, Not impressive to see your VP bashing someone behind their back instead of actually handling the issue.

Pros

Lots of pros, the corporate culture was very nice, celebrating all holidays generously

Cons

Instead of hiring the best person for the job they hire a lot of friends and family, even in VP roles, making it extremely noticeable when they don't have the skills, or are extremely lazy and using the company for their own gain, It was very demoralizing to see so much of that, I started asking everyone how they got in, almost everyone knew somebody.

Great company to work for

Cenovus was by far the best company I have worked for. Typical day was basic administration duties, filing, faxing, emails, meeting and greeting clients.

It was a fun place to work with lots of things to learn and do

As an admin assistant my typical day at work was helping all that needed my help in anyway that I could. The hardest part of my job is if I didn't know something, I would find out who know as quickly as I could. Most enjoyable part was the comrade that I gained with each and every person that I worked with.

Good company to work for

Great company to work for , a few years ago, now a days it's stressful and not a great environment to be in right now. Hopefully once the changes and layoff are completed it will go back to been an employer of choice

Very productive and organized atmosphere

Cenovus is the best company I have worked at. Besides looking at the beautiful views from the magnificent architectural building, it was a fulfilling position. We helped keep workers safe and applied creative communication strategies.

Pros

The company culture

Good Environment

I was asked to set up their login process for people to swipe their cards I would monitor the manpower count sheet each morning as to how many people were on site at any given time. Co-Workers were great to work with we worked on a mod yard I was in the main building and in there were about 25 other employees we all worked well together. Hardest part of the job were the hours - very long days. Most enjoyable was the experience of learning something new and also management were really good to get along with.

Great work environment and people

Assisted Vice-President, Operations, Planning and Land with his calendar management and meeting set-up. Assist in getting Project Approval Request documents signed by Executives. Scan executed document and store on Livelink and Sharepoint electronic document control system. I learned about electronic document control. It was a very respectful work place. Management and co-workers were professional and great people to work with. The hardest part of my job was seeing the quantity of work decrease due to downturn in the industry and ultimately getting laid off. The best part of my job was the people who I worked with in my department. I worked very well with my Boss and co-workers.

Pros

First and Third Friday off each month

Cons

Price of oil dropped so low, budget was decreased as was work and # of employees.

Interesting place to work

Most people had room for advancement,not so much in administration. Was a good variety in my position, and enjoyed working with my co-workers.

Pros

2 Fridays off a month

Started good, ended poorly

All I can say is that there were alot of changes taking place within the companies safety department. Some good, some bad.

Great friendly atmosphere

This was a great place to work with amazing people. It was great to expand into the Oil & Gas Admin industry. No day was the same as my duties were vast enough that there was no monotony

Pros

able to work with little supervision

Cons

long days

Great

Great company, great people to work with and good management.

Amazing company to work for, great people to work for and with

Cenovus is an amazing company to work with, they provide great benefits and provide competitive wages. The people within Cenovus are smart, friendly and compassionate.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cenovus Energy. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9Job security/advancement