Cenovus Energy

Cenovus Energy Employee Reviews

Canada299 reviews
I worked for Cenovus up to the Oil & Gas recession of 2015. During the boom times this was a very good company to work for; the culture was great, the pay high, and the benefits generous. However, I don't know how things re now, I have heard that they may have changed somewhat, but that is to be expected.
Higher ups do not communicate effectively, it’s very slow and boring to work here. Administrative duties are easy and quick to do, no chance for raises or to move up really.
Good place to work. Management was trusted their work staff,so I was free to do my job without being micromanaged. My experience was excellent and recommended them as an employer.
Great work ethics from all co-workers. Opportunities to learn new skills and wide variety of tasks. Weekly and monthly inservice sessions to keep up to date on new information and seasonal requirements.
My shift had a good group of guys and we all got along. It was safe place to work as they took safety seriously. Though i wanted to change shifts or move to another location they would not allow me and this hurt my home life as I didn't get to see my other half of my family and would not accommodate. I learned lots and got to work on all kinds of equipment and learned lots while i was there and got to work in all sections of the plant including off-sites. The pay was very competitive and benefits were excellent.
Was years ago.please update imdeed.i have done this couple years ago but keeps coming up.so please fix your data.very annoying to keepgetting this outdated info
Line Management (Team Lead) of my team was brilliant and farsighted. However the Architecture Group Manager was under-par and therefore was an obstacle to visionary progress that readily supports the management of objective of the Digital Oil Field. Work became counter-productive with creative staff was viewed with suspicion and forced out; but opportunism that supported this manager was allowed to flourish.
Work load was good, many opportunities to learn new skills, training opportunities were really good. Workplace had a positive culture, very supportive of each other.
awesome company to work for . Stay for over a year. I enjoyed a team effort protecting the building and in the control room. I worked as a team player and fun
Good work life balance, Friendly co workers. Excellent and helpful camp employee's and management. Excellent kitchen staff that are always friendly and helpful
Excellent company Wish I could go back but the economy has required Cenovus to decrease staff levels and it is very difficult to get on as people are holding their jobs there, knowing it is a good place to work
There is a disconnect between supervisors, management and workers. The work itself is great and the people are fantastic, the culture within management and the focus on productivity and revenue versus people is apparent despite consistent lip-service regarding safety. The leadership team has acknowledged this disconnect and is attempting to find better ways of managing. I hope they do, for future workers' sakes.
Excellent company to work for in my experience. Pay was great, Living allowance made it worth while and 7/7 Shifts made for an excellent work-life balance. Training is exceptional, and everything was provided by the company. I should mention I was only there for a short period during my college steam time practicum, so I worked for Bowen Workplace Solutions contracted out to Cenovus Energy. My time there was nothing short of exceptional. One of the best companies I've worked with!
This is the only operating job I've ever had and I love it. I've worked terrible jobs and know what it feels like to be over worked and underpaid. I'll probably be a lifer.
Pros
Constantly learning
Cons
Inherent dangers of working in the Oilfield
Good culture, great colleagues, challenging, good management, strong team environment but need self-drive. compensated for performance. good work/life balance
Overall, a typical day at work, was positive and allowed room for improvement.There was always opportunity for growth. Management was open and receptive to new methods or processes which improved the work environment. The most difficult part of the job involved incontrollable elements - global economics. This said, the environment did its' best to keep the work place as positive as possible.
It's like Jurassic Park,, first it's oooh and aasha,, then it's running and screaming. If you're an employee got it made. But if you're an independent contractor you get treated like cannon fodder
Pros
Decent wage if you like to running your business as a contractor
Cons
One mistake and you're gone. Lots of backstabbing. No benefits as a contractor
One of the better SAGD places to get a job in Alberta for operations and maintenance. It has a very loose culture where workers and management do and say as they please. This is fun but leads to its own issues. Where complaints can be made and investigating happens which results in terminations. Multiple people terminated over the years for just engaging in the accepted culture and dialogue. They Pay well but being promoted is difficult due to a low amount of turnover in management positions. It is a good place to work though, with nice facilities while your in camp. Week in, Week out and hubs are flying out of YYC & YEG.
Have you ever tried to eat sand?
That’s the feeling cenovus leaves in your mouth. A taste of disappointment.

Over worked under paid.

Co workers are great but the job environment is gloomy. Only days people are happy are fly home days.

Benefit- camp rooms and dining is nice
Great company to work for very respectful to their workers they have awesome training very respectful towards the environment was one of the best companies I ever worked for. Not a day went byWhen I feel I didn’t have support the team was always available to help we all pitched in from when camp manager to the next camaraderie was fantastic
Pros
Great job and great pay and good people
Cons
Not enough time for developing concrete work relationships with contractors
Challenging, great team work, good pay. Wish I could have had a position in town rather than camp. That is the only reason I left.
Camp was very nice, food was great!
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cenovus Energy. Our community is ready to answer.