Celestica

Celestica Employee Reviews

All decisions based on bottom line-if ya work hard and get up the food chain, keep your head on a swivel for the whack! It was a great 20 year experience!
Pros
I had a great manager, good salary, great benefits
Horrible work environment. I wouldn't work there for all the gold on earth. They are condescending, stressful, threatening and horrible to work with.
My last unfortunate experience with a young and arrogant manager was very frustrating, and the company didn't perceive such poor managerial ineptitude in front of loyals and reliables employees.
Pros
Learning and skills aquisition
Cons
Poor managerial skills
Celestica is a Honeywell's subcontractor. Work environment is congenial, friendly and caring. Remote work was well managed, and the results were outstanding. In summary, it is a fair and a mediocre rewarding company to work for.
Pros
Friendly staff and management
Cons
Great working environment. And they’re Canadian Based. They are in a growth field and a very strong work force is what we currently have. Definitely one of the best companies I’ve ever worked for. If you were a junior technician or engineer, this is a place for you to grow.
Pros
Flexible with Family needs. Understand of small issues.
Cons
Pay is very lean.
The company culture is great but management is horrific. every year there is at least 1 restructuring. They also hid COVID 19 cases from employees. Anything and everything you do is expected and you are not valued no matter how hard you work or what you do.
Pros
the people
Cons
Extremely poor management
I liked to brag about what I did at Celestica. I was hired as an electrical assembler, but it was the product, the customers, my team, and the company that made me feel like my job really mattered. I left for school, and would happily return if I get the opportunity to live close enough again. My team became like a family to me, we all felt appreciated and valued, and we were all encouraged to be and do better in our work. We solved problems as a team and helped develop new solutions with the company's engineers. Working at Celestica gave me a clear idea of what I look for in a workplace.
Pros
Cafeteria, fitness room (with 3 punching bags), health-centred HR initiatives, daily stretch breaks in addition to ordinary breaks, monthly birthday celebrations, frequent training, opportunities to learn new assemblies and technical training
Cons
Start out on temporary contracts, permanent offer in about 2 years
Modern jail, managers like jailers, employees like prisoners, sophisticated & modern way of slavery, unskilled labour pay with high level technological / engineering skills requirements. Educated workers under supervision of school dropout supervisors & managers.
Pros
Clean work environment
Cons
Low salaries with high expectations
Great Company ! Would recommend to anyone who has the intellect, self motivation and energy to learn an incredible amount of technical stuff , from Aerospace to national security/defense and largest software/hardware developers; the electronics and connectivity of it all; the invisible stuff that lands a 25 ft rocket 500 miles away on a dime or a space craft on Mars. Great exposure to the largest and best of Corporate America-USA !!! the creme de la creme of big business, big govt and big bucks. Not a co for slackers. Bonus is reverse learning from their larger customer enterprises via their many web portals and unique product matrix requirements. Need to have an expansive but flexible thinking and an absorptive capacity for volume, speed and mass complexity at both product, contract and IT levels. Go Celestica Go! Messrs Pynn, Orchard, Hayworth
Pros
Interesting and dynamic work environment, seniors were very helpful and empowering
Cons
some internal personality politics-the usual, very complex product matrixes
Great place to work and grow professionally. They are big on training and investing in their employees. They accommodate to the best of their ability.
One of the worst company to work for. Have onsite agency call adecco who does the hiring. Pays minimum wage yet expect you to work twice as much twice as hard. Company don’t care about their employees cause they’re expendable. Always under pressure. Not worth working for considering the pay grade.
Relaxed environment and easy task. Friendly people and perks like coffee and treats are provided. Minimum wage at the beginning and can go up after satisfaction.
This was my first job in Canada. But I think my first experience was very good and the smell I am getting till today.i miss everybody there with whom I worked.
Pros
You can get more overtime so that you can earn more.Supervisor, team leader was excellent.
Cons
Warehouse was dusty
it is the most diverse work place ever i seen, workable environment and friendly atmosphere. i used to work in different departments such as SMT, FA,and many others .
Job requires you to manage multiple conflicting priorities which many times cannot be resolved. Very little thanks for what you do accomplish, always focused on what you did not accomplish.
Established professional company Very diverse work force make you feel at home if you are not Canadian born Management decision making process a bit old school but works in long run They are a bit slow to capture the market trend . That means lots of opportunity loss Not good in long run
Workplace culture is very appropriate for those independent learners who like to be involved in multiple projects. Management team is very supportive and helpful in guiding you with appropriate work tasks.
Nice culture to start a career and develop basic engineering skills, a nice intern program and good mentors. Good team approach and skilled technicians and assemblers. Limited career advancement.
Permanent old employees do not help . needs to be multi cultural and more divers at all levels.Should be age limit for employees. too old people have so much attitude especially with temp colored employees.
Good company, good salary, people from different nationalities, equal opportunities, coffe all days, clean area, people normally friendly and lot of knowledge.
It's a company you grow with it,very decent people in it and very safe to work.flexable working hours,intensive training in every career.rotating experience and
  1. Employee reviews