Celestica

Celestica Employee Reviews

Canada272 reviews
Productive and Friendly work environment
Workplace culture is very appropriate for those independent learners who like to be involved in multiple projects. Management team is very supportive and helpful in guiding you with appropriate work tasks.
Good Place to start a career
Nice culture to start a career and develop basic engineering skills, a nice intern program and good mentors. Good team approach and skilled technicians and assemblers.

Limited career advancement.
not very open environment
Permanent old employees do not help . needs to be multi cultural and more divers at all levels.Should be age limit for employees. too old people have so much attitude especially with temp colored employees.
Good Company
Good company, good salary, people from different nationalities, equal opportunities, coffe all days, clean area, people normally friendly and lot of knowledge.
Loved working @Celestica
It's a company you grow with it,very decent people in it and very safe to work.flexable working hours,intensive training in every career.rotating experience and
Good workplace culture, but unstable industry
Good place to work, management is very supportive. Limited opportunity to grow vertically within the company. Good experience as a first job. Work becomes demanding at times.
Productive and Fun workplace
A very good place to work, coworkers are very friendly and helpful. The Drive is not that difficult as it is just off the highway. Job security is not that great.
A fast paced workplace with no worklife balance
Be prepared to work overtime. Zero employee development. Management cares less about employees. Always working against time. You love tight deadlines, this is a place for you.
good place to work
Good place to work. Work and family time was balanced. There is shift work and mostly people are accomodated as per need, Good place for new graduates.
I enjoyed working at Celestica
I have work with agency adecco at Celestica. that's why my pay was less other then work is easy. I enjoyed working at Celestica . Very peaceful place. I left just because company moved to newmarket.
Good place to start the career
Celestica is a good place for mechanical, process, industrial engineers to start their careers. Pay is low compared to the industry, but the management is very cooperative and understanding.
Team building and great communication skills
Target oriented, each team member was responsible for their station and willing to help another team member to clear the bottleneck situation.
The hardest part of the job was to acquire all parts to start the line production - it helped to improve my communication skill and planning skill so that i have all the parts in advance before the line starts. The most enjoyable part of the job was the happiness our team member feel when we achieve the target with minimal errors.
Technical and creative workplace
Great workplace for people who are planning of long term employment. Challenging for new employees but you get a chance to prove yourself. Multi cultural and you get to meet lots of people with long experience.
High Tech Aerospace company
You gain great knowledge and experience working with various aerospace parts and electrical components. There are activities all year long that engages employees and make the work place fun.
Productive and good place.
Management is so good and the breakfast day was so good and nice to have breakfast with all company, work is so hard but the people made everything go easy.
Productive and enjoyable
I enjoyed working at Celestica. Made many friends with whom i still enjoy very good relations.I was never satisfied with compensation paid. Very often we were sent on forced leave due to shortage of work.
Global company with flexible work arrangements
Celestica has fallen on hard times, but works very hard to keep its employees happy. Extensive training and developed for those who take advantage of it. Kind culture.
Excellent work environment with a very welcoming environment
The time I spent at Celestica, was a very valuable experience, because I was able to apply my knowledge in Engineering, and expand my knowledge in the field. Adding to that, I had great project management experience, and I was able to gain experience in project management.
Recommend this employeer
.High paced work environment offering many career opportunities. I would recommend this employer to anyone who is considering Celestica as their place of future employment.
Celestica Mississauga - Would not recommend working here.
Pros:
The yearly bonus is good if you perform well.

There are some good people there.

If you're young, you will find that there are a lot of interns here. If you're more experienced, you will realize that this can lead to an unprofessional work culture at times.

Cons:

Company is rife with politics.

Some members of management are VERY incompetent and like to push work to other departments.

They pay their employees poorly.

Lots of people are very reluctant to help on projects across teams - there is an ownership problem.

This company runs like a supply chain company - if you are in an engineering role, you will probably be doing close to NO engineering. Not a good learning experience and unless you want to just be paper-pushing, look elsewhere.

Advice to management:

It is your job to be preventing company politics, not to be participating in it.
Stressful
No benefits and what so ever. No night differential. Working in that company has no future just enough to survive. The environment is very stressful. They are only concern about the output.