Celebrity Cruises Employee Reviews

Productive and i learn mostly the leadership training skills
Executive Sous Chef (Current Employee) –  on board the Cruise ship10 April 2017
In general working in a cruise ship is not easy and more fun.We can travel to any places in the world. I've learn a lot working on a cruise ship specially regarding public health standards. The hardest part of the job as an EXSU is to deal different cooks with different nationalities. What i enjoyed the most was working with some famous chefs as a guest chef like chefs from iron chef america
Pros
get together lunch or dinner
Not a good idea....
Activity Host (Former Employee) –  Caribbean, Baltic, Mediterranean12 March 2017
I appreciate Celebrity because they gave me my beginning to the Cruise industry. After 2 contracts, I was very disappointed with how they treated me.

Overall, the company was very disorganized and didn't treat their crew well. I now work for a different line, and truly know what it feels like to be valued. Celebrity was not good.
Pros
Beautiful ships
Cons
Un maintained crew areas, minimal crew engagement, older clientele
It is a good Company to work for.
Waiter (Former Employee) –  On Cruise ships29 April 2016
Work at Celebrity is hectic and demanding. Learnt to respect dignity of Labour. Management has improved since it became a part of R.C.C.L.. Co-workers were fabulous, co-operative. Leaving the Company.To work when it was was really busy.
Pros
Dignity Of Labour & respect for Environment
Cons
Nothing As Such
Travel the world, enjoy plenty of time off.
Onboard Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  At Sea31 March 2016
I submitted a review already - if you can balance being away from home for 4-8 months at a time, the job becomes personally rewarding. Few expenses, opportunities to visit many places around the world and make international friends and contacts.
It is an challenging and exciting environment.
Casino Cashier (Former Employee) –  On board the cruise ship11 February 2016
Every day is different on the cruise ships, a different day means a different place, I meet people from all around the world, coworkers and customers, I had the opportunity to work for a five star company with the best managers and an extraordinary environment.
The best part of this job is that it changed my perspective about the entire world, the fact that I worked with more than 30 nationalities made me a better person.
Pros
Everything is included during your contract(medical facilities, meals, accommodation)
Cons
Long Contract( 7 month is a long time away from family and friends)
Experience to live once
guitariste et choriste (Former Employee) –  West coast and Carribean25 June 2015
It was nice to start at 5pm every day and have the time to visit the different ports.

4 shows of 1 hour every night, 7 days a week was hard on the body but improved my playing and singing by 500%

The management is too competitive in general.

Co-workers were fun to play with.
Pros
Traveling
Cons
Away from home for a long time
cooking is my passion
Demi Chef De Partie (Current Employee) –  CA3 March 2015
as a demi chef de partie i respect my job and company and my duty is to take of all buffets and following HACCP standrards our company is giving to every employee lots of benifits
A lot of fun and enjoyable activities after work
Guest Relations Officer (Former Employee) –  Previously at Celebrity Summit4 December 2012
Working in a cruise ship specially in Celebrity Cruise Line is fun and a lot of challenges. There are different things to learn everyday specially in handling guests as there are different kinds of approaches depending on the culture and attitudes of our guests. Everyday is a busy day but as a team player, we always make sure that our guests will leave the desk happy. We were trained to be patient and do the best we can to make the cruise experience of our guests memorable. In my field of work, there is always a challenge and don't consider it as a hard part of the job specially complaints as there's always a solution in every problem our guests encounter and it is always constructive because it's a chance for improvement. The most enjoyable part of my job is we meet a lot of guests with different nationalities learning their cultures and be friends with. Knowing that our guests enjoyed their vacation with us, makes our everyday life very rewarding.
Pros
lots of fun activities
Cons
no weekend breaks
it is nice working for celebrity and i have alot of fun
cook (Current Employee) –  Montego Bay, MD2 December 2012
celebrity cruises is give me alot of expireance it is good working with celebrity cruises
Pros
yes free food
Cons
10 hurs