CEFA Early Learning
Happiness score is 57 out of 100

CEFA Early Learning Employee Reviews

Canada19 reviews

2.8Pay & benefits

Fun place to work and lots of things for learning, however low wages.

Staffs are energetic and fun. I enjoyed working at Cefa North Van. The only one thing I was not happy with their wages were so low. Many good staffs are left because of the wage was not enough based on life cost. If the teacher is not doing wage negotiation then they will never raised up wage.

Pros

Good vibes when I work at the centre.

Cons

Low wage

Supportive environment where staff is appreciated

I love working at CEFA Early Learning Calgary South. Everyone there truly cares about the children and works hard to provide the best learning experience possible. The owners are so supportive and the administration team really takes the time to support you. Compared to other childcare centres I have worked at, this place goes above and beyond with paid planning time, staff appreciation, providing supplies, and training.

Insights into CEFA Early Learning

What people like
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Supportive environment
  • Clear sense of purpose
Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Support from manager
  • General feeling of work happiness

Suitable but better out there

Expectations are high to “show off” education to parentals when it’s just a behind the scenes chaotic mess with little quality. They want want a lot for basic ECE wage and though they mentioned benefits and perks it’s just a dangling carrot until you decide too leave. Often hire new to Canada employees with littel work experiences and knowledge to pay $ less.

Respectful environment

Cefa Lions Gate is a friendly, respectful environment for working. There is a great opportunity for learning, improving your knowledge and have fun while working.

Cefa LionsGate is a wonderful place for working with a nice coworker and management staff.

Cefa LionsGate has a wonderful and nice management staff and coworkers.The building is new, beautiful and very clean. A very nice professional chef who provides the multi cultural and nutrition foods 3 times a day for children and staffs is very nice. Teachers don’t need to do daily deep cleaning.

Supportive and resfectful culture.

I am currently working at CEFA and l love to work everyday. If you are willing to grow and have fun with young children, the management team support your teaching. There are many events and matarials for teaching. The best thing in CEFA is that I can be a teacher not a worker in childminding or a baby sitter. I am not only playing with children. I am teaching and supporting children's learning in the CEFA program. Management team is amazing and very supportive so I can add my plans on the school curriculum for my class. There are auxiliary staffs so I can make a plan of days off or vacation. The staffs cover my sick days as well so I di not feel guilty when I miss work day.

Fun team to work with.

Not all the CEFA’s are the same but the one I worked at was not good Will not recommend to anyone. If you are not physically fit then this company is not for you as CEFA require you on your feet most of the time.

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Too much work load

Happy workplace

I worked at CEFA Highstreet, Abbotsford for few months. It was a really good experience working there. I have never seen a childcare facility like this before. I moved to Calgary and CEFA director was so nice she transferred me over to Calgary CEFA. That was a big help from her.

Pros

Good salary, and free meals

Cons

No Cons

Worst centre to work for

The management is horrible. Very mean and no respect for their staff and treats them very poorly. Because of these reasons, their staff turn over rate is super high. And that's why they are hiring new staff like crazy right now.If I can give big fat 0 star, I would. DON'T waste your time applying to this place.Look for somewhere else where they treat you better.

Fun and Great Team

Support, concern from management, training and coaching always available. Owner Miss S, is very lovely and approachable. She takes care of her team and offers them support as needed, when needed. Overall, I had the best time when I was there. My co-workers were amazing, funny, loves donuts and coffee and most of all loves being with the children. If I wasn't moving anywhere else, I could've stayed.💛☺

Pros

Coaching, training, great place to work

stressful

My place has no benefit, not enough teachers, poor management team, no prep time.CEFA has too much workload The only good thing; they offer free meals

Pros

free meal

Cons

too much work

A junior kindergarten daycare with a daily routine

A typical work day was about 7.5 hours. I learned there were different way to implement a variety of teaching methods in a single day. The work environment had several different classrooms for children of different ages from 10 months to 5 years old. The hardest part about the job was enjoying what I did but not receiving the benefits and pay wage that should be reflected of an early childhood educator.

It is great

Lots of work but at the end it is all good Friendly co workers and nice environment. Great families and children they are really nice nad easy to work with Love it here.

Very low paid

Very low paid for a chef. I cooked for 80 children two times a day plus snacks with home kitchen equipment. Only myself in the kitchen . Did all the shopping and they didn’t even want to pay for gas .

Not a good place to work

Pay is very low for how much they charge for tuition and expect from their teachers. Full curriculum. No room for growth. Wouldn't recommend. Other centers pay more.

High Turn over rate

CEO/Founder is narcissistic and absent. The company is in the red, and at head office, cannot pay employees on time. Corporate credit cards are often maxed out. The role of "President" of the company has a high turnover rate, which only then, trickles down.

Cons

Great vocation, problem= abusive management

Great place to work in terms of clientele and coworkers but HUGE staff turn over. Owners fire people right and left and people willingly quit because management are so terrible to work for

Pros

the kids are cute and are adorable and wonderful to care for, your coworkers are great, free meals three times a day

Cons

verbally abusive, lying and manipulative owners

the management was horrible. no communicatin

expect to much. it was good at first but when you really needed something, watch out. They dont care about anyone but there money

Regimented Program for children 0-5

Teaching Math, Science, and Drama to 4.5-5 year old children

Pros

Free Lunches

Cons

Work required outside of paid hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CEFA Early Learning. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement