CEDA Employee Reviews for Operator

Operator26 reviews
Canada26 reviews
tons and tons of training takes a long time to advance or to work own your own with out a mentor work and life balance was good pay was fair there always working no shortage of work
Trainer had no training. Equipment falling apart. Break down all the time. Forced to stay for every shutdown even if you only come to work at just one. Poor management.
Pros
Cons
Poor living conditions
They are a pretty good company to work for, the management is great and my fellow employees were very friendly, they would help you out as much as they can.
Ceda gave me a start in the oil industry, and for that I am grateful. There are long hours, which is good. The hourly pay rate isn't great, and not much room for increase. However, it has given me great experience.
I worked there for long time the management got there heads up there back side they will throw you under the bus if they don’t like you or you stand up for yourself or you know more and they do it would not take much most of the management are idiots And they are cheap too just giving heads up stay away if u can or go there get your safety tickets and run!!!
lie to your face,use you then lie again.Horrible Management all buddies from Newfoundland no real qualifications but other Newfie relatives in Suncor.poor environment and hypocritical safety vs production culture.Do not care about employees unless your related and Newfie
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
You give away your soul to work there
Employees are not valued, important information is hidden from employees, and management is constantly treading the line for labour standards. If you question something, you are ignored or "punished."
Pros
Decent money when busy
Cons
Either no life, or no money. Management is poor.
Great place to work, safe environment. The workers are good to work with. They always make you feel comfortable and you can enjoy your work day. I would have loved something more full time but nonetheless I still liked working for them.
This was my first job in the oil sands, which means I have not much to compare this to other jobs in this field. The work days were 13 hours payed and an hour there and back on the bus. Although this made for long days, the overtime was good. Luckily I had a good crew which made things fairly easy going.
all sites that I've been to with ceda the people have been amazing, the management in the office needs to be more prepaid for all the work that gets done, and the people they got to keep track of
Pros
good people to work with, paid flights from NL with camp
Cons
low hourly wage
this is one review that deserves the option of negative star rating. The mismanagement of this company starts at the top with corrupt leadership. The management team lie to the owners and shareholders, they lie to the customers to win the work and finally the workers suffer as a consequence of these poor actions. Safety incidents are covered up. its your fault when the project fails. you won’t be paid on time and if you complain your fired.
Pros
leaving
Cons
toxic
Unless you are management you don’t mean nothing.
Was told over and over they needed operators forn14-14 while I was working with them. But speak to mangers there is nothing available. Different sorry if your related to or friends with management.
Pros
Paid training
Cons
Not knowing when your done at all, terrible management
Ceda is definitely a old boys club. If you’re not friends with foremans or management you will not advance. Ceda management at Syncrude treats their employees,especially shutdown workers really bad. They don’t care about you, you’re only a number who can be replaced. Do not get sick and miss work or they will hold it against you. The trucks they use is so worn out and unsafe,they shouldn’t be allowed to use them. I recommend to stay away from this company.
Pros
Flights and accommodations paid for
Cons
Management. Away from home months at a time.
They only look out for themselves and do not care about their employees what so ever! Pay you a labourer rate when you are operating a dredge or a plant. JOKE!
Pros
Can get away with murder
Cons
garbage company
over all i would have to rate ceda a 9 out of 10 in terms of being there for the employees and listen to any issues its always an open door policy lots of work and very accommodating
Pros
travel / living accommodations paid
Cons
in remote camps for 90 percent of the time (which is where the work is)
Management needs to work on effectively communicating with employees. Many issues with receiving pay in a timely manner and on time. Company does not pay out per diems for training up front and they do not advise you of this.
Ceda had good benefits some guys that know stuff but most of the management well lets just say no clue.
Some people that should be supervisors are operators and people that are supervisors have no back bone and don't stand up to management when things are needed like mecanics, parts, extra staff, and extra equipment because a contract they got awarded obviously they thought was a joke or took very lightly and don't plan or think ahead.
Pros
Decent pay, benefits, schedule
Cons
Management, supervisors
Not a bad starting position to take. The hours are long, the work is unforgiving, It's a dirty job, but they gave me a chance to start my career in heavy equipment.
Pros
Camp work, fly in / out. Provided with most everything
Cons
Long hours, long turn arounds, quick turn over rate of employees
I like working with Ceda. I would prefer full time employment though as it is too hard to manage work/life balance when on call only. They would have better employee retention if they offered them more permanent positions.
Fuelling equipment, pumps and machinery.
Camp work for the most part.

Working within and outside the plant.

Usually Industrial work with long hours.
I had lots of responsibility. I communicated well with my co-workers and overall, I learned how to become competent with the job at hand. I got work done in a proper time manner.