CEDA Employee Reviews

Canada186 reviews
Like any job, it is all about who you work with.
I enjoyed working for this company. It's not super stressful can be slow at times, and high paced at others just like any job. The hardest part of my job was pressure washing summertime, but other then that is was not too bad.
stable work environment
I've enjoyed my work at Ceda. They always have something new for me to do and I like the variety. The pay is steady and the people care about their employees.
Not a good company
The culture is terrible, there is no enforcement of policies and procedures. If your in the clique whether your a good employee or not your safe. They do not respect hard workers and people who have or gained knowledge.they smoke in trucks even though it affects employees, they allow their employees to sleep without consequence and go right ahead and play on your phone. Even know all the above is against policy for ceda and suncor
the ceda experience
the management is poor. too much put onto the rank and file with little to no accountablity to managers. the work/life balance is all work and poor time off. the people are expendable especially in this economy!
Good company to work for
They are a pretty good company to work for, the management is great and my fellow employees were very friendly, they would help you out as much as they can.
The Guys and Gals in the field are great
The upper management at CEDA have no idea how to drive this ship, and a more than likely are going to sink it. There is way to much back scratching going on at CEDA, its a pity because the company could be a great one, OMERS need to can the whole "C" Suite and a bunch of the fat lazy VP's and Directors.
Lost sight of what is important - "The People"
Great folks in the field, the only reason why CEDA still retains the remaining contracts they do have left.
Unfortunately this will not be enough to keep CEDA from ultimately sinking to a depth of no return.

There is absolutely no upper management support from the FMM offices and the same to be said of the Calgary Executive team. It is an absolute crime that the company has managed to get to this point, and ultimately it is the men and women in the field that have to bare the consequences of the actions or lack there of from CEDA corporate.

My one hope is that the Board steps in to right the ship before it is too late. To all of you in the trenches, keep your head up, stay focused and be safe. You all know that you are the reason that the execs/managers are still able to cash their paychecks, maybe they will realize that one day. Hopefully things will improve for us all.

Someone who does care!
Never ever work there.
This is the worst company in Mcmurray. Management treats their subordinates, office staff, and field workers like absolute s**t. They allow managers to mentally and verbally abuse their staff. HR hides issues that are brought to them. They lay off anyone who voices their opinion that contradicts a high level manager. They don’t follow union contracts, the circle of core values they have don’t mean a thing to them. Bottom line is never work for them.
Pros
To be working at site
Cons
The whole company structure.
Fast paced work envrioment, Travels a lot to different places. Paid accomadations and flights. Working allowance while away from home, Training was provided. Staff was easy going.
Absolute BS
Absolutely zero communication!! Waiting until middle of the night before I leave camp to find out how I’m getting to the airport. No flight allowance. Got let go while on days off one day before benefits would have kicked in. Let go because a rumour was heard that I might not go back. Safety was a joke. Truck malfunction and get sent for a drug test yet the truck doesn’t even go to a mechanic. Very stressful. Find something better.
not bad place to work, although can be dirty at times
excellent supervision. pretty relaxed place to work, but can be fast pace and dirty at times.good experienced crew makes it a good place to work. away from home for long periods of time is not so good
extremely political, no sense of value in workmanship.
Horrible working environment. Performance has nothing to do with assessments everything to do with who you are friends.

If theres ever a job that offers the same wage. I would always recommend to another person to take that job because their quality of life may be better.
people were friendly
They hired me because client insisted however were not sure how to use my skills and therefore were not available to help with the planning. They had it all in their heads.
Fun Workplace
Easy going group of employees and was very enjoyable to work for CEDA. Work was based out of camp at MEG Energy. The work was steady on a 10/4 shift and the CEDA management was very accommodating.
Enjoyed the company and the working atmosphere
Made money, made friends, got to travel across Canada. Learned to operate different equipment and had opportunities never given elsewhere. Working in inert atmospheres was an experience I won't ever forget.
Pros
Learned quite a bit, seen quite a bit and earned above average wages
Cons
Away from home for weeks at at a time
Worst managed company I have ever seen
Executive have zero ethics. Continually lie to employees (I know this for a fact). The only people in the head office are people that can't get jobs elsewhere. This company desperately needs to be audited - if they were not a private company, I am confident much of the executive would be in jail. The only concern of the executive are getting their personal bonuses. Famous for giving fake promotions/job titles instead of raises. This is a sinking ship and I would definitely take a job anywhere else.
Downward Spiraling!
- They only do compressed workweeks (averaging agreement) where you will not get paid overtime.
- Hourly rates are very low.

- Management will fire you on your days off.

- Poor communication and commitment to workers.

- They only care about the bottom line, you are just a number.

- Upper management does not follow 'Protecting our People policy' they only enforce it to their subordinates.
Great
Worked shutdowns for a few years and the people you worked with and for were great people and made working there fun and, great in depth training and pay was ok, only thing that made it ok was the fact that flights and camp was paid for
Good
I enjoy working with cedar wish I could get back as fly in and out any were in Alberta. The people there are really good to work with wish I could come back
Wonderful place to work
CEDA is a wonderful place to work. It's a company that truly cares about its people and invests in them. They offer great opportunities for career advancement, a collaborative work environment, and an amazing and talented team of people to work beside. My favorite thing to brag about is their commitment and contributions to my community.
safe work environment
The oil sands environment is different than others. The respect of the safety procedure is strict and priority. Some employees need more training of the site's policies to keep themselves professional and respectful between colleagues.