CEDA Employee Reviews

I was enjoying working at Ceda as great company to work for . I was a signed to have your equipment and take care of and sometimes have long distance to travel from work locations to another location.
One of the best contractors I’ve worked for. Decent paid, management is awesome. Very organized company . Well knowledge for the work you does , I would work for this company again .
Needed better foreman than anything else. The workers are great more than others but that’s it. Was fun but the boss boss is a hard head,Got free coffee every so often.
Trainer had no training. Equipment falling apart. Break down all the time. Forced to stay for every shutdown even if you only come to work at just one. Poor management.
Pros
Cons
Poor living conditions
I worked on multiple projects as it was a place I always liked to return to. The employees who work there are down to earth people who work hard to complete jobs in a professional manner
They have good cultural workplaces and diversity good pay they provide all ppe needed for the job nice people overall I would love to work for ceda one more again
The CEDA company has Great pay, and great benefits, they have great management too, safe working conditions. Some jobs are more difficult and some jobs are fairlt easy. Employees work together as a team.
Some of the management should be fired what else can I say ? They took off and left the workers behind to fend for ourselves when we needed them the most in 2016
Pros
Safety oriented
Cons
I've enjoyed my work at Ceda. They always have something new for me to do and I like the variety. The pay is steady and the people care about their employees.
I enjoyed working for this company. It's not super stressful can be slow at times, and high paced at others just like any job. The hardest part of my job was pressure washing summertime, but other then that is was not too bad.
The culture is terrible, there is no enforcement of policies and procedures. If your in the clique whether your a good employee or not your safe. They do not respect hard workers and people who have or gained knowledge.they smoke in trucks even though it affects employees, they allow their employees to sleep without consequence and go right ahead and play on your phone. Even know all the above is against policy for ceda and suncor
the management is poor. too much put onto the rank and file with little to no accountablity to managers. the work/life balance is all work and poor time off. the people are expendable especially in this economy!
They are a pretty good company to work for, the management is great and my fellow employees were very friendly, they would help you out as much as they can.
The upper management at CEDA have no idea how to drive this ship, and a more than likely are going to sink it. There is way to much back scratching going on at CEDA, its a pity because the company could be a great one, OMERS need to can the whole "C" Suite and a bunch of the fat lazy VP's and Directors.
Great folks in the field, the only reason why CEDA still retains the remaining contracts they do have left. Unfortunately this will not be enough to keep CEDA from ultimately sinking to a depth of no return. There is absolutely no upper management support from the FMM offices and the same to be said of the Calgary Executive team. It is an absolute crime that the company has managed to get to this point, and ultimately it is the men and women in the field that have to bare the consequences of the actions or lack there of from CEDA corporate. My one hope is that the Board steps in to right the ship before it is too late. To all of you in the trenches, keep your head up, stay focused and be safe. You all know that you are the reason that the execs/managers are still able to cash their paychecks, maybe they will realize that one day. Hopefully things will improve for us all. Someone who does care!
This is the worst company in Mcmurray. Management treats their subordinates, office staff, and field workers like absolute s**t. They allow managers to mentally and verbally abuse their staff. HR hides issues that are brought to them. They lay off anyone who voices their opinion that contradicts a high level manager. They don’t follow union contracts, the circle of core values they have don’t mean a thing to them. Bottom line is never work for them.
Pros
To be working at site
Cons
The whole company structure.
Fast paced work envrioment, Travels a lot to different places. Paid accomadations and flights. Working allowance while away from home, Training was provided. Staff was easy going.
Absolutely zero communication!! Waiting until middle of the night before I leave camp to find out how I’m getting to the airport. No flight allowance. Got let go while on days off one day before benefits would have kicked in. Let go because a rumour was heard that I might not go back. Safety was a joke. Truck malfunction and get sent for a drug test yet the truck doesn’t even go to a mechanic. Very stressful. Find something better.
excellent supervision. pretty relaxed place to work, but can be fast pace and dirty at times.good experienced crew makes it a good place to work. away from home for long periods of time is not so good
Horrible working environment. Performance has nothing to do with assessments everything to do with who you are friends. If theres ever a job that offers the same wage. I would always recommend to another person to take that job because their quality of life may be better.
They hired me because client insisted however were not sure how to use my skills and therefore were not available to help with the planning. They had it all in their heads.
  1. Employee reviews