CEC Entertainment, Inc Employee Reviews

Cool place to work at
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Stockton, CA23 June 2019
It can be fast pace when multiple parties are booked the same day. Your coworkers can be really helpful if you ask for help. The managers make sure you know what to do.
nice atmosphere, easy workday
gameroom attendant (Current Employee) –  Monroeville, PA16 June 2019
I believe the headset we wear allow the employees to communicate easily and allow the day to run smoothly. The tasks I have to do are fairly easy and I have learned how to fix games, refill tickets, and clean games. Also its a fun environment filled with kids games and up beat employees and managers.
Pros
discounted food, free salad
Cons
unpaid breaks: absolutely no hour( sometimes 6 hours a week)
Don't work here
Part-time employee (Former Employee) –  Athens, GA14 June 2019
I can't speak for other Chuck E Cheese locations, but this one isn't worth it. Management was incompetent and morale was low. I was hardly trained to do my job, and despite asking to not be scheduled at a certain time on Sundays (the only time I asked to not be scheduled) I was repeatedly put on that day.
All around fun place to work
Game Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Roseville, MI13 June 2019
Probably one of the best jobs i had and i would’ve continued to work there. If they didnt cut my hours in the summer time to only 18 hours a week an everyone else still getting their same hours
Good place to work for young people
Assistant Tech (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GA10 June 2019
Enjoyed working here. Very busy on weekends and holidays. Good in store management. Easy to move up in the company if you are a good worker. Long hours at times.
Pros
Discount on food
Cons
No breaks really
Great environment to be in
Chuck E Cheese (Former Employee) –  Kokomo, IN9 June 2019
Most enjoyable part of the job is seeing the guests and kids leave happy. Working at Chuck E Cheese I got introduced to a lot of nice people who is willing to help.
Fun workplace with lots of kids in the facility at all times.
Kitchen Staff (Current Employee) –  Mount Juliet, TN6 June 2019
I reccomend CEC Entertainment for a night out with the family. However, I would not reccomend CEC Entertainement as a place for work. No benefits and extremely low pay, very little work hours and not enough ethical work actions for it to be worth working their.
Pros
Half price for workers when you work, and reasonable accomodations for those who need it.
Cons
No benefits, low pay, bad environment for workers.
Very good first job
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DE25 May 2019
A typical day at work is clocking in , taking orders, icing the salad bar then wipe down the counters and sweep a little. I learned how to work the cash register and become fast paced. The management is not good at all in my opinion , very unprofessional and unorganized , not very attentive to their employees and very bad attitudes.
Pros
Discounted Food
Cons
Short Breaks, Poor hospitality, Unorganized
Reasons for leaving
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Topeka, KS25 May 2019
I was let go from CEC Entertainment. It was a great place to work, however I struggled with expectations concerning electronics board repair. Additional training/certification was not provided by the company.
Pros
Fun work environment
Cons
Sometimes verywstressful
Not a fun place to work.
Sr. Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Boise, ID23 May 2019
Mgrs are expected to be machines. No home/work balance for salaried mgrs. No training for employees
No breaks, no recognition for hard work. And more.
Pros
Cons
Too numerous to mention.
Fun place
Chuck E Cheese (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UT22 May 2019
Its not bad but niether good buts its fun i dont recommend working working there but if you looking for a part time its good if you love being around kids and people then it good for you but they pay bad and they dont even give you the houra your suppose to get
Pros
Discounts
Work environment could be better, as far as the management team.
Birthday Party Host (Former Employee) –  Franklin, TN21 May 2019
I enjoyed my co-workers, we all got along just fine. In fact I miss them dearly. Not to crazy about the management team, their attitude could have been better. The environment as far as the customer was for the most part great. I encountered some nice people. Never had a bad experience with customers while working there.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Only a 30 minute break on an 8 hour shift
First Job
Cook/Prep/Dishwasher (Current Employee) –  Irving, TX19 May 2019
This is a great job for a first job. It teaches you lots of different roles even if your main job is cashier or cook. Love the staff but I need more money
Pros
Experience
Cons
Some days its too busy for a break. Pay is not amazing
loud environment
Cast Member (Current Employee) –  Mentor, OH19 May 2019
do not get enough hours, took a long time to be trained for my position, does not get very busy, too many workers often have to send people home because there are not enough customers
It was a good place too to start at
TEAM LEADER /ASSIT TECH /OPENER FOR MANGER (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TX17 May 2019
It is a good palce to get started work experince ,an dto get some experince working fir your first job to have if you never had a job before if u never had one
Pros
Good work experince
Cons
Pay sucks
Low pay, high expectations
Technical Manager (Former Employee) –  Leominster, MA16 May 2019
As a company, they do not care about employee satisfaction. All they care about is making money, which they are honestly very bad at doing. Their sales goals are unrealistic, and when underperforming stores inevitably miss them, the higher ups just complain without offering any real solution. This cycle will continue until the company is either bought out and liquidated, or they file for bankruptcy.
Fun work place
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NY5 May 2019
Great first job, a lot of moving around while working. Awesome food and good management. Great part time job or someone looking for a side job or a job while being in school
Pros
Discounted food
Cons
No overtime
Trash!
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, NC3 May 2019
It’s a place for kids to have fun. It’s also a place where it feels like petty kids run the entire store. I hope things change AND SOON! So many people quit because of management being trash.
Great for students but very fast pace
Cast Member (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VA24 April 2019
I worked for this company for a couple of years and may I say it has been a ride. Very fast pace on weekends game-room is always understaffed. Training is incomplete and inconsistent. But it’s definitely a place you will make lifetime connections with your fellow co-worker
Pros
Amazing co-worker. Half off meals
Cons
Short breaks, way too busy, will always work Friday-Sunday
Management sucks, struggle for power
Worker (Current Employee) –  Moreno Valley, CA22 April 2019
Employees do not help whatsoever, Its pure high schoolers they treat them like adults by stressing them. They value the job more than their education. The managers leave it up to the employees to solve the problem with the customer, they just hide in the office look at the computer or on their phones. They take their favorite employees and just talk to them while the others have to work their butt off.
Pros
Literally nothing
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CEC Entertainment, Inc. Our community is ready to answer.