CDW

CDW Employee Reviews

Canada58 reviews

salecareerfreeculturelothardcompanygood

Great place to learn

Amazing amount of experience and good place to kick start your career. You really get an opportunity to learn in the training they provide. And get to practice it on floor without pressure for 6 months, then light pressure for the following 6. Only thing is getting accounts, people are always fighting over them. Is normal in their culture so you get used to it.

Great Place to Work

Over my 4 years at CDW you'll receive top notch training on new technology to bring into the market, Management is extremely encouraging and transparent and show appreciation for their staff. Managers are supportive and great with helping you develop your professional selling skills. Company is great as whole I would recommend if youre looking to become a professional in the technology industry.

Insights into CDW

Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Sense of belonging

Great Experience

Great place to gain experience, top of the line training program. You get to spend a few weeks in class with others that you start with. After training you go on to the floor where you continue to stay with your class and are in a separate area to continue training for 6 months. Lots of fun activities when we were in office. Free food, merch, equipment from partners for you to try and keep.

Aucune reconnaissance envers les employers

une vrai boucherie cette entreprise ils ont rien a faire du client et je parles meme pas des salaries ils font croire que tu va réussir avec un salaire qui commence 32k et la premiere Annie tu passes a 70k c vraiment pas vrai je vous conseils pas du tout daller dans cette entreprise surtout quand tu te fais virer sois disant que ton anglais est pas très bon,,,,, surtout que la region pour la quelles tu as étais embaucher concerner strictement la region du quebec a parler 100% du temp en français,,, jai meme pas envie de parler des managers et rentrer dans les details,, ils surveilles tout ce que vous faites la moindres des choses ils vous vires,

Pros

aucun

Cons

micro mananment

Would not recommend working here

I expected a lot from the company and had a very disappointing experience. There is no value given to the employee and they expect you to work odd times to complete the assigned work. Process is not streamlined and a lot of micromanaging. Feedback/process improvements is not taken the right away and it always affects the ego of the management.

Pros

Great bunch of coworkers

Cons

Not so great management

Perfect for someone starting in sales.

Be prepared to work hard for pretty little to start. The base keeps you alive while you build a good book of business. Once you have established yourself it can be pretty lucrative in the long run. Phenominal training staff and training; it gets you ready if you know nothing. Pretty poor work life balance. CDW is adopting the trend of making employees seem like work is their home to work longer hours. Lots of free food, perks, incentives, bonuses to encourage you to think that way. Overall not for someone established in sales but really really good for a beginner.

Pros

So much free food its ridiculous, Nice office and environment, Great training, Exposure to new products from leading OEMs, Discounts on hardware and software

Cons

Long hours, Some managers feel like they are the bees knees, lots of middle management, high pressure, You will gain weight, Cold calling, Grinding for new leads and new business

Good culture and well-run company but...

The salaries are too little to disregard. Highly qualified staff are severely under-compensated while sale teams are very highly paid. Benefits are also substandard in my opinion with a 2-year probation to receive full employee benefits.

Pros

Lots of food, culture is good

Cons

Low pay, long hours for technical staff

Good place, not for me

I am not a sales person, I cannot convince people to buy things if they don't necessarily need them. for someone who is capable of that, it's great and I recommend it.

fun workplace with a fast paced environment to challenge yourself

really good experience and a faced paced environment to challenge you critical thinking. The management in the purchasing department are all very kind and productive team!

Pros

free bagels on Wednesdays!

Got worse to work there as time went on

CDW has got worse to work for as time went on. I would not have spent 11 years there if I had something that paid me as much commission as they did. However, I worked hard for that money, didn't come easy. You have to put up with a lot of internal bull.

CDW is a nice place to work, you can build good relationships and management is very understanding. You have the ability to work from home a few days a month and this helps with work - life balance.

very competitive workplace with lots of advantages and opportunities to make, but extremely stressful

-expectations are 80 calls minimum; cold calls to new potential clients -follow ups, building a book of business and making sure your payout is correct from spiffs to commission being correct- is all on you -you have to rely on unreliable individuals to process pricing and orders -management sees what they want, will document and use specific examples to halt your career development if you challenge them (even by asking reasoning behind actions or ask questions)

Challenging work environment

A very fulfilling role where I was challenged to work outside of my comfort zone. I was an intern for the Program Sales team and worked closely with the Proposal Specialist as well as the Sales Analytics team.

CDW...smh

Work in general is great, fast-paced, knowledgeable...but regarding the culture and work/life balance it sucks. Miserable people, gossip, a bunch children called to grown up work. Good on the outside rotten on the inside. Be careful....

Work life balance - 2/5 Salary/Benefits - 2/5 Job Security - 2/5 Management - 2/5 Job Culture - 2/5 - Poor Management - Only focuses on $$ - High turnover rate

Great job for entry level

a typical day at work included making calls out to customers on an average i was in the office 9-10 hours currently not the biggest fan of new management The hardest part of the job is cold calling the most enjoyable part is free events and parties. There are alot of perks

Challenging, and maybe rewarding

If you work your butt off for 2 years and get placed into a profitable region/vector, you will succeed at CDW. It is a continuous grind that may pay off in the long run. Very high turnover rate.

Pros

Cool office, free food all the time, extensive training

Cons

No work life balance, archaic CRM, no working from home

na

Canada's largest IT Re-seller 5 years in a row. Always striving to be better, but doesn't quite hit the mark when It comes to work/life balance. Some roles are overworked and underpaid compared to leading competitors.

Horrible Sales Organization

The company does not care at all about the success of its sales people. Opportunities for professional growth are limited. Accounts and territories are consistently reduced and or taken by fellow employees who are supposed to be 'team members'. The organization is setup in such a way that sales people often feel more competition from their fellow co-workers than from actual competitors. If you are looking for a role in sale I recommend looking elsewhere.

Pros

My direct boss

Cons

Everything else about the organization

Good opportunity to start your career as well as place to continue if you can manage to stick with it. Managers are great to work with and company is a manage up environment.

Pros

Managers and environment

Cons

Inside sales, little opportunity to work from home or remote.

Great Company

Overall good experience at this company. If you are starting out in sales I would highly recommend them as they have an academy that will teach you the necessary things to become successful

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CDW. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement