CDW Employee Reviews

Canada52 reviews
Good culture and well-run company but...
The salaries are too little to disregard. Highly qualified staff are severely under-compensated while sale teams are very highly paid. Benefits are also substandard in my opinion with a 2-year probation to receive full employee benefits.
Pros
Lots of food, culture is good
Cons
Low pay, long hours for technical staff
Good place, not for me
I am not a sales person, I cannot convince people to buy things if they don't necessarily need them. for someone who is capable of that, it's great and I recommend it.
fun workplace with a fast paced environment to challenge yourself
really good experience and a faced paced environment to challenge you critical thinking. The management in the purchasing department are all very kind and productive team!
Pros
free bagels on Wednesdays!
Got worse to work there as time went on
CDW has got worse to work for as time went on. I would not have spent 11 years there if I had something that paid me as much commission as they did. However, I worked hard for that money, didn't come easy. You have to put up with a lot of internal bull.
CDW is a nice place to work, you can build good relationships and management is very understanding. You have the ability to work from home a few days a month and this helps with work - life balance.
very competitive workplace with lots of advantages and opportunities to make, but extremely stressful
-expectations are 80 calls minimum; cold calls to new potential clients
-follow ups, building a book of business and making sure your payout is correct from spiffs to commission being correct- is all on you

-you have to rely on unreliable individuals to process pricing and orders

-management sees what they want, will document and use specific examples to halt your career development if you challenge them (even by asking reasoning behind actions or ask questions)
Challenging work environment
A very fulfilling role where I was challenged to work outside of my comfort zone. I was an intern for the Program Sales team and worked closely with the Proposal Specialist as well as the Sales Analytics team.
CDW...smh
Work in general is great, fast-paced, knowledgeable...but regarding the culture and work/life balance it sucks. Miserable people, gossip, a bunch children called to grown up work. Good on the outside rotten on the inside. Be careful....
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at CDW?
Work life balance - 2/5
Salary/Benefits - 2/5

Job Security - 2/5

Management - 2/5

Job Culture - 2/5

- Poor Management

- Only focuses on $$$

- High turnover rate
Great job for entry level
a typical day at work included making calls out to customers
on an average i was in the office 9-10 hours

currently not the biggest fan of new management

The hardest part of the job is cold calling

the most enjoyable part is free events and parties. There are alot of perks
Challenging, and maybe rewarding
If you work your butt off for 2 years and get placed into a profitable region/vector, you will succeed at CDW. It is a continuous grind that may pay off in the long run. Very high turnover rate.
Pros
Cool office, free food all the time, extensive training
Cons
No work life balance, archaic CRM, no working from home
na
Canada's largest IT Re-seller 5 years in a row. Always striving to be better, but doesn't quite hit the mark when It comes to work/life balance. Some roles are overworked and underpaid compared to leading competitors.
Horrible Sales Organization
The company does not care at all about the success of its sales people. Opportunities for professional growth are limited. Accounts and territories are consistently reduced and or taken by fellow employees who are supposed to be 'team members'. The organization is setup in such a way that sales people often feel more competition from their fellow co-workers than from actual competitors. If you are looking for a role in sale I recommend looking elsewhere.
Pros
My direct boss
Cons
Everything else about the organization
Good opportunity to start your career as well as place to continue if you can manage to stick with it. Managers are great to work with and company is a manage up environment.
Pros
Managers and environment
Cons
Inside sales, little opportunity to work from home or remote.
Great Company
Overall good experience at this company. If you are starting out in sales I would highly recommend them as they have an academy that will teach you the necessary things to become successful
Growing company, well managed with clear vision
Great development awaited me at CDW. Patience required but hard work and aptitude recognized. Brand new office over four floors that is very employee friendly. Multiple, prizes, lunches and events over a month.
Toe the line
As long as you toe the line of what upper management expects from you then you will be fine, possibly even promoted but otherwise watch your back. You are expendable.
CDW has a work hard, play hard culture. Everyone is encouraged to get involved in various aspects of the organization and everyone is celebrated equally.
loved it
perfect start to a career in IT. the training program is extensive and the commission structure is amazing. its hard in the first few months but the hustle pays off
Good Place to Work
It is a sales driven culture and they are very good with their employees. A lot of team activities and the company is currently going through a transition of cloud sales.
Good People
Culture was good, but a lot has changed. With recent changes company isn't the same. Benefits and perks were amazing, but actual job was extremely stressful.
Pros
Perks
Cons
Stress