CDN Controls

CDN Controls Employee Reviews

Canada13 reviews
good people to work with
good people to work with. good hours and consistent work. Team work is encouraged and workers are generally in good spirits. Would recommend this company to others
manque de constance
beaucoup de changement de decision a la derniere minute
Amazing company to work for
This company is great, from the field staff to the office and management. Great room for advancement and great pay. Team orientated and great bunch of people.
Pros
Family like atmosphere
Look for other companies
Typical oil field electrical company. You have to be in the boys club to get any good jobs. Not the best company for learning as you will most likely be building tray and pulling cable your whole apprenticeship unless your one of the boys. Lack of communication from management. Lots of politics involved.
Its a paycheque
Its the same old same old, you have to be in the club to get a decent job or any perks. Typical oil field electrical company. On big jobs the employees dont matter, you can expect crowded lunch trailers (some without heat) resulting in guys eating lunch out doors.

I could go on
Pros
Good crew of guys
Cons
Communication, lackluster management/foreman
Terrible Management and Wont Keep Promises
Seemed like the best company to ever work for during my interview with the instrumentation manager. The guy turned out to be a lying two faced individual who lied about half the information he gave me in the interview. I quit a much better job to take this one then they starved me for hours. Wouldnt place me anywhere right within the company then when I kept nagging them about things like a work truck and hours which I was promised they found an excuse and I was terminated a few days before my 3 month probationary period was up. The people who I worked with at this company were great however the management and higher ups have no care for you at all, they only care about how you can benefit them in the best way possible. That being said I would avoid this company but if there is no better opportunities and you have no choice then.....tread lightly.
Poorly Managed
Middle Management expected to work for low pay from 7am-5pm and be on call all evening (phone, text, and email) for low pay.

Complete turnover in middle management in the Grande Prairie branch between 2017-2019, except for 1 manager

Senior Management doesn't care about employees, only pointless KPIs.

Favoritism and bullying are commonplace here, starting with Senior Management.
Pros
Hardworking people
Cons
Very bad senior leadership
Not terrible
Good co-workers, good foremen. Communication deficit between the office worker and the people in the field. There were plenty of jobs that were billed as 15/6 and 10/4 rotations that immediately turned into 24/4.
Pros
Good money in tough times.
Cons
Management would fold easily to client demands.
Productive and Challanging work environment
Great team to work with , in a growing industry of small construction projects in the Grande Prairie area.

Great work culture from the field staff to owners
High turnover
Low pay, poor communication, poor safety culture and poorly managed company, you are not their priority as a worker only the client, budget and timelines
Growing company
CDN was a fast growing company, with new opportunities arising often. The Calgary office was productive and enjoyable place to work.
Excellent management
Very young company, but with exceptional management that cares about their workers and ensures employees are kept busy to the best of their ability.
Great Environment
Management makes a distinct effort to ensure the staff are happy healthy and enjoy their positions. Therefore the work environment is productive and positive.
Pros
Well managed
Cons
Cheap coffee.