CDK Global

CDK Global Pay & benefits reviews

Canada19 reviews

Clear
3.3Pay & benefits

Good place to work, but a bit unorginazed

Overall it was a good place to work. Salary and benefits were above average, and there was some possibility to move ahead, but corporate downsizing was a concern.

Pros

Monthly work events

Excellent freedom to grow a career.

All my coworkers are excellent and willing to help out or just chat/zoom when I want. I learned a massive amount of skills as a software engineer. I have also learned about corporate structure as a whole. Management in my division is wonderful, I have an excellent manager and team director. But I take issue with corporate management as a whole, which appears to randomly absorb companies/products they think will make money, without considering if shared management between products improves or negatively effects each one. There's a long chain of command between my division and the head. It's difficult to be approved for a meaningful raise when the I've never met 10 of the people that take part in the decision.

Pros

Excellent vacation policy (unlimited), staple products in the auto DMS sector, management and teammates listen to and trust my opinions

Cons

People who don't know you make decisions about your pay, Strategic decisions are made without considering impact on application design

Insights into CDK Global

What people like
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager
  • Overall satisfaction

Challenging job that isnt for most...

This job does ask a lot from you. You will work long hours some days, (Paid overtime). you will travel across your region many times a month. You are alone in your work, and will not really have any co-workers to lean on. But if you can manage that, you stand out as a strong, capable field tech. There are ample area to move into when it comes time to look for a new opportunity in the company as well. A lot of reviews complain about the company, but that was post recession and under the old management. The New (Current) CEO is driving the company forward.So if you can handle working hard, no boss hanging over your shoulder, and lots of overtime ($$$) then this might be a job for you. Assuming you can deal with technical issues and come up with solutions.

Pros

Lots of Overtime

Cons

Not many breaks, Lots of Overtime

Great company !!

Great company to work for and excellent benefits. I loved this job and would have stayed if not for health reasons. Management is absolutely amazing, they are very understanding of employees personal situations and very positive.

Great place to gain experience in various aspects of Implementation

This is a great place to work for if you don't mind travelling every week and working long hours. You need to be very versatile in your knowledge and you need to work well under pressure.

Pros

expense account, lots of travelling

Culture organisationnelle

Très grosse entreprise qui a fait plusieurs acquisitions depuis quelques années et qui se cherche une identité. Les sondages internes démontrent un faible niveau de satisfaction et d'engagement des employés.

Pros

Avantages sociaux

Corporate environment and highly demanding

The good part of CDK Global is the income and benefits. In this respect the company treats its employees very well. There are retirement contribution perks, great health benefits, and easy access to career development tools (e.g. certificates in tech and business, college/university accreditation) However, as a large corporation (formerly part of ADP - an even larger one) it is suffering from stagnation and short sighted vision. The company treats its employees well but also proves that the employees are disposable and the first target if costs must be cut. CDK Global continues its heritage from ADP in being focused solely on business acquisition instead of finding innovative solutions. The point is to bring in new business, sometime unethically, rather than create better products and support models so that we can offer and extract value more effectively. Lastly there is no growth opportunity en masse. There are exceptions here and there but over all, it is not a place to grow. The corporate structure and culture enforces a strong divide between staff and management, support and sales. It is very difficult to jump the fence for new hires and it is openly accepted that you will not grow out of your initial role for the first 5 to 7 years. This would not be so bad if the entry level employees were not under constant threat of redundancy. In summation, it is a typical megalith corporation, and the only value for employees is to use it as a stepping stone for getting experience in the corporate realm. This is not a company to tie yourself to.

Pros

Solid benefits and income

Cons

No growth or security

great place to work

Great place to work unfortunately they had to make cuts, I learned many thing through my co-worker. It is a demanding place to work and customer are demanding.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CDK Global. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.7 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement