CDK Global

CDK Global Job security & advancement reviews

Canada19 reviews

Clear
2.7Job security & advancement

Great career move, great people, great business

the people were beyond wonderful learned so much, had truly great experiences As with everything, all good things transition to other good things!

Excellent freedom to grow a career.

All my coworkers are excellent and willing to help out or just chat/zoom when I want. I learned a massive amount of skills as a software engineer. I have also learned about corporate structure as a whole. Management in my division is wonderful, I have an excellent manager and team director. But I take issue with corporate management as a whole, which appears to randomly absorb companies/products they think will make money, without considering if shared management between products improves or negatively effects each one. There's a long chain of command between my division and the head. It's difficult to be approved for a meaningful raise when the I've never met 10 of the people that take part in the decision.

Pros

Excellent vacation policy (unlimited), staple products in the auto DMS sector, management and teammates listen to and trust my opinions

Cons

People who don't know you make decisions about your pay, Strategic decisions are made without considering impact on application design

Insights into CDK Global

What people like
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager
  • Overall satisfaction

High Turn Over Job not as posted

They can’t get people to work here too much bad press . They have complicated accounting software but don’t want to hire and or train properly .Got job in development somewhere else .

Pros

Cons

Matching jobs posting info to actual job requirements would be a great place to start .

Challenging job that isnt for most...

This job does ask a lot from you. You will work long hours some days, (Paid overtime). you will travel across your region many times a month. You are alone in your work, and will not really have any co-workers to lean on. But if you can manage that, you stand out as a strong, capable field tech. There are ample area to move into when it comes time to look for a new opportunity in the company as well. A lot of reviews complain about the company, but that was post recession and under the old management. The New (Current) CEO is driving the company forward.So if you can handle working hard, no boss hanging over your shoulder, and lots of overtime ($$$) then this might be a job for you. Assuming you can deal with technical issues and come up with solutions.

Pros

Lots of Overtime

Cons

Not many breaks, Lots of Overtime

Productive and collaborative working environment

I enjoyed my 9 years there. CDK offered high achiever plenty of growth opportunity.Productive and collaborative working environment and competitive wages.

Very dynamic, client focused company

I enjoyed a wonderful, challenging career with CDK. The company is focused on sustaining profitable growth, while providing best in class solutions for clients.

Great in the past..... Now Driven by Shareholders

The company when it was ADP was the best company in the world to work for in my opinion. When the Dealer Services business unit was spun off and CDK Global was born the company took a real dive. The shareholder greed and stock price was ruthless. Never could I have imagined that the company could have turned so badly so quickly.

Pros

Great pay though declining year over year

Cons

GREED by shareholders.

Good place to work, but a bit unorginazed

Overall it was a good place to work. Salary and benefits were above average, and there was some possibility to move ahead, but corporate downsizing was a concern.

Pros

Monthly work events

Not a bad place

I enjoyed working here but unfortunately work life balance is very work heavy in my role. Other roles have a much better work life balance though.

crapshoot

Old school payroll/sales company culture passed down from its predecessor ADP I worked at an awesome company called ONE-EIGHTY it was fast-paced engaging and a tight unit... until ADP came and bought the company.

Pros

lunch and learns, pays for training and certifications

Cons

company lacks inspiration and vision

Corporate environment and highly demanding

The good part of CDK Global is the income and benefits. In this respect the company treats its employees very well. There are retirement contribution perks, great health benefits, and easy access to career development tools (e.g. certificates in tech and business, college/university accreditation) However, as a large corporation (formerly part of ADP - an even larger one) it is suffering from stagnation and short sighted vision. The company treats its employees well but also proves that the employees are disposable and the first target if costs must be cut. CDK Global continues its heritage from ADP in being focused solely on business acquisition instead of finding innovative solutions. The point is to bring in new business, sometime unethically, rather than create better products and support models so that we can offer and extract value more effectively. Lastly there is no growth opportunity en masse. There are exceptions here and there but over all, it is not a place to grow. The corporate structure and culture enforces a strong divide between staff and management, support and sales. It is very difficult to jump the fence for new hires and it is openly accepted that you will not grow out of your initial role for the first 5 to 7 years. This would not be so bad if the entry level employees were not under constant threat of redundancy. In summation, it is a typical megalith corporation, and the only value for employees is to use it as a stepping stone for getting experience in the corporate realm. This is not a company to tie yourself to.

Pros

Solid benefits and income

Cons

No growth or security

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CDK Global. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.7 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement