CCA Employee Reviews

nursing home
WROTE REPORTS OF RESIDENT (Former Employee) –  North Sydney, NS22 November 2017
great nursing home to work for, very clean, the residents are treated great, lovely meals, and daily activites promoted for health to the residents...family oriented
love to spend time with different types of clients and get to know them for who they are.
New Waterford Homemaker (Former Employee) –  New Waterford, NS25 October 2017
Everyone is their own person and have their own needs. Planned my day and kept up with change as necessary. I enjoy seeing smiles on peoples faces for whatever reason....
Pros
Getting to make a difference in peoples lives
Cons
having to let go...
Self satisfaction while helping others
Unit Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK17 September 2016
Enjoy helping others the best way I can in what ever I do. I am a quick learner and take a great deal of pride in what I can do while still learning what others can teach me.
Pros
Learning from others and self satisfaction in what I can do but love the job
Cons
Excessive job travel
CCA Review
Accounts Recovery (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB1 October 2013
I do enjoy working for the company as a whole, but I am not satisfied with my take home salary.
Pros
Flexable Hours
Cons
Low Income
It gave me experience
Nursing Aide - Lakeshore Care Centre (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC18 September 2013
A typical day at work would be starting my shift at 3;30 pm and going in a 3;15 to read the communication book and to have report if my previous staff. I would assist the residents to the bathroom before dinner time and at 4;30 pm begin the preparation for dinner such as serving the drinks. After dinner I assist residents to the rec room to watch television or to the toilet. Later in the evening I assist residents with HS care and assist them with getting ready for bed. After all residents needs are met I do my report at the end of the night and if it is quiet I do chores that need to be done,

I learned a lot about handling residents needs and time management and to always listen to the residents.

Team work is the best thing to have at a job and I worked well with all my co workers,

Hardest part of the job is dealing with the residents when they are palliative care.

Knowing that I am making a difference by helping others,
I worked at CCA for several years and miss the kids and staff greatly.
Teacher's Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kingman, AB11 July 2013
The only reason I am not still working at CCA is because we moved to BC. :o)
A typical day for me was to arrive in the morning before the students. Get prepared, and then great them as they showed up on the buses. This was a small country school and had a very friendly family like atmosphere.
As a teacher's assistant each day that I worked differed in schedule. Generally, I was helping with several students. Usually one on one or I would take a small group. I was usually assisting them with math skills, speech therapy, or general studies. I worked with students ranging from grades kindergarten to grade 10.
My work day was from 8:30 am to 3:45pm and I worked two days a week, as I job shared.
Pros
Family atmosphere and great friendships with the staff
Cons
Driving to work in the winter could be hazardous as this job was in AB.
nice place to have vacation
SURVEY ENGINEER (Current Employee) –  Sain Vincent and the Grenadines1 June 2013
CCA company is a good company and i have learned a lot to this company. I developed also my strength and that is to have patience all the time. I have learned also some tricks on how to do your job on site fast and correctly in a safe manner and to finish the job on time to time to other activity.
Student
student (Former Employee) –  Sydney, NS6 February 2013
A typical day at work at seaview manor involved making coffee in the morning and then going to every room and making every bed in every room, cleaning up and wiping off beds, bedside tables, dressers. Then I would restock all of the linen blankets, pillows bedspreads, pillow cases. ect. Then I would go to lunch and hand out trays of food help residents to eat there food and take them back to room. Then I would help to put away all the dishes and take them to the kitchen. I would then go to the hospital to deliver blood work results, ect. And any other odd jobs that were requested.
Shannex - Blomidon Court
Continuing Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Greenwich, NS31 December 2012
A typical day is never typical. Once you arrive on the household, one is off and running after buzzers and bed alarms until the end of your shift. One's legs and back are about ready to pack it in after a 12-hour shift!
I have learned that bed alarms are slower than those running after them as many clients have hit the floor by the time the alarm starts to go off. Perhaps these individuals with fall risks should be placed closer to the communication center. Teamwork also gets the job done better with more efficiency!
Our management is great! Although we have had 3 different site managers since out site opened, I have gotten along well with all and have not gotten into any trouble.
Many of my co-workers are team players and will jump in to help when needed. Some are not like this, however, and this can lead to injuries for others. Gossip is also a hot topic with many. Best thing to do is leave and not to get involved.
The hardest part of the job is dealing with the aches and pains after lifting clients and bending into ackward positions. Nightshifts can also be interesting and dificult due to lack of staffing - one CCA per floor and two registered staff. We are sometimes lucky if we have one CCA to float at night.
The most enjoyable part of my job is being with the clients and seeing them progress with their diseases and to assist them with their life management. To put a smile on a face is very rewarding! To help the clients reminisce is also important. Sometimes we have to "step into their world" to help improve it for them.
Pros
paid breaks; 12-hour shifts thus lots of time off
Cons
night shifts are hard on my diabetes; physical demands are slowly beating my body