CBRE Management reviews

Found 42 reviews matching the search See all 2,549 reviews
Great place to improve technical competencies.
Building Operator (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON13 June 2019
All included in my resume, it is a great place to learn about management and technical qualifications. hardest part of the ob can be rotary shifts, it has got a great workplace culture and atmosphere
Some contracts are better than others.
HVAC/R Technician, B gas fitter (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo Land District, BC11 April 2019
Some contracts and teem managers are better than others, I have had talks with others who had great jobs with CBRE. Unfortunately for me that was not the case. My first manager quit and the new manager that was put in had no experience with this type of job, and was very quick to show that the opinions of the team were not important. This only made a bad situation worse.
Pros
Training
Cons
Unrealistic expectations from managment and coustomers because of promises by managment.
Good atmosphere
Associate Director (Current Employee) –  London, ON30 January 2019
Generally a good place to work, however some management issues exist. There is flexibility in hours and you have the ability to work from anywhere. Many incentives are available.
Challenging and Rewarding
Administrator, CBRE Supplier Management Group (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 November 2018
Administrator of CBRE Supplier Management Group -
2006 - 2011

Liaised with Facility Managers as to the SMG review process, initiating approval of pertinent vendor quotations prior to commencement of work thus, ensuring minimum turnaround time.

Consistently reviewed, analyzed, coded and resolved large volumes of "work order relater vendor invoices, ensuring approved criteria was consistently being met.

Interfaced with the vendor base across Canada, providing instruction as to proper invoicing procedure and ensuring specific problems/issues were addressed, solved resulting in a mutual beneficial result for the vendor as well as the client

Workplace Culture was diminishing

As Supervisor of CBRE PHD (Premises Help Desk)
2002 - 2006

I hired, trained and provided a "hands on" approach to the professional development of Property Services Representatives, expanding their knowledge of premises criteria in order that they be able to ask the right questions, to provide the correct vendor and ultimately resolve the Client's daily or complex facility related issues.

Monitored and ensured that Help Desk calls were responded to
promptly, courteously and professionally.

Acted decisively within a team environment to ensure all facility issues were solved while adhering to National Premises standards and corporate policy.

Workplace was a daily hum of activity wherein all persons were cohesive and positive in their participation.
Great company
Building Technician (Current Employee) –  Wasaga Beach, ON10 July 2018
my position as a Building Tech. is very rewarding my day starts with a complete Ext/Int inspection of the building and a daily inspection of building systems and fleet management and continue with daily rounds and routine complete monthly PM's and completing KPI.
as well as taking care of buildings at other sites.
Pros
Every day is interesting
Cons
Winter Travel to my home base
High stress
Chief Building Operator (Current Employee) –  Aylmer, ON21 May 2018
Never ending service calls for stupid students. Responsable for 11 million dollar upgrades to HVAC system without proper compensation or respect. Management talks all credit for my hard work.
Pros
Cons
Always on call
Fast-paced fun company
Language Compliance Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 April 2018
Driven, entrepreneurial culture which encourages everyone to adoptt the same. I learned that a lot can be done through initiative. The hardest part of the job is to influence senior management but it's also the most enjoyable part.
Pros
Modern, open offices
Poor Work/Life Balance
Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 April 2018
If you don't mind working 7 days a week, 12 hrs per day this company is for you. Provide competitive salaries and benefits but the big draw is working remotely from home on the Facilities Management side. Most of the people are nice to work with but the pressure that comes from above makes everyone tense and tired and creates a culture of throwing others under the bus or deflecting blame to protect themselves. There is little job security but that's common in all big organizations now.
Pros
Working from home, competitive wages and benefits.
Cons
Long hours, stressful, culture of deflecting blame.
fun work place
Property Accountant (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 April 2018
-client based;
-therefore strong communication skills and inter personal skills;
-project management have tight deadlines;
-work under pressure and need to know how to release pressure
Great place to start your career but don't expect to stay longer than 1 year
Client Services Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 March 2018
The company has an expiration date for entry-level positions. Not much room for growth and you're lucky if you don't deal with a narcissist every other day.

Competitive industry, great benefits, beautiful office, slightly incompetent senior management
Benefits
Cons
Low pay
Nice company with many opportunities for career growth.
Building Operator (Current Employee) –  Milton, ON28 February 2018
Been a great time working with this company. But my workplace is quite far from my family residence. There is available opportunity for career growth. The management people are supportive of new ideas and give their workers the freedom to innovate and work independently. I like the work culture which is like playing in a team. The most enjoyable part is when you accomplish a difficult job. There is actually no hardest job. It is just time management that is needed.
Pros
The company pays for over time work.
Fun Workplace but horrible management
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC22 February 2018
The staff are fun to work with as well as the brokers, the management of the office in Vancouver is very low, if you are not a broker bringing in money to the company you are considered 2nd class.
Good facilities company
Mailroom/Shipping/Receiving Attendant (Former Employee) –  Toronto27 July 2017
Decent salary depending on position. Benefits and matching RRSP available, paid holidays, etc. Good morale overall. Management were co-operative and fair.
Great variations in experience between one employee to another
Senior Controller (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 June 2017
Supportive management, however, due to large organization it is very slow in decision making.
Some employees love to work here, but some others hate it.
Great vacation time allocation, however, not necessarily easy to take the actual vacation time depending on your responsibilities and work load.
Medical insurance benefits are just so so.
Flexible working hours are allowed.
Salary level is great.
Great
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 May 2017
Great experience with this company i was very happy working for this company they treated everyone professional and were very kind they cared about their employees
Pros
great management
Cons
distance
No opportunities for advancement
Project Management (Current Employee) –  Ontario20 February 2017
Ok work life balance. Negative work environment. No chance for promotions. no training. poor management. inside the box thinking. little staff appreciation.
Pros
work life balance
Cons
poor management
Welcoming work environment
Real Estate Accounting Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 February 2017
Good work environment and encouraging management. They helped me develop my skills and increase my knowledge in accounting and property management field.
Systems Coordinator
CMM Systems Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON19 May 2016
Not very experienced management; gender/age preferences; not many opportunities to grow at least on the account I worked at.
Pros
Decent salary and benefits
Cons
No reward for loyalty or dedication
An enriching experience.
BUSINESS SYSTEM ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Down Town, Toronto30 January 2016
A fast paced work environment that thrived on team building. Accommodating management that provided the liberty of flexible hours, at the same time ensuring that the work progress is not compromised. Co-operative co-workers that made the learning experience enjoyable at every stage including on the hardest days.
Pros
Flexible Working Hours, Great Management
Cons
Travel Time
High Productivity
Associate Accountant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 December 2015
At CBRE I’d like to say thank you for the memories, friendship and collaboration in building our Accounting Career for 5 years. I’ve met many of different culture in my travels and many more of them virtually and the corporate culture, work ethic and drive to success was amazing and humbling.
Special thanks to my Accounting team for putting up with me and for their dedication in servicing all of them as well all Clients (RBC , IO, CORP,) who had always partnered with us to achieve this hug high productivity an Accounting Department.
Very fun workplace with jokes, parties (celebrating birthdays,holiday's...)
I will miss them all dearly and wish them all great success in the future.

Very cut throat with no clear guidance from management. You have to play a guessing game to see what they want. Very stressful environment with no direction or career advancement
Pros
celebrating birhtdays, holiday's
Cons
good benifits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CBRE. Our community is ready to answer.