CBRE Employee Reviews for Real Estate Manager

Busy
Real Estate Manager (Former Employee) –  Troy, MI 480989 May 2018
Always had work to do. Most days were good. I had many other employees from the company to talk to if I needed help. I also had many chances for training.
ping pong management
Real Estate Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TX4 May 2018
Corporate culture is not reflected in this region's management. Training is poor, three managers in 3 years. Too many egos to satisfy. Region management has changed drastically for the worse.
Benefits
Cons
Large corporation with endless reach
Real Estate Manager (Current Employee) –  Miami, FL7 March 2018
over the years CBRE has gone form amazing to concerning. Lost a lot of great talent along the way due to pay raise refusals, lack of leadership, and burned bridges. However, the job is mostly what you make it. Requires more than 40 hours a week to even meet an expectation.
Benefits
Cons
Leadership
Long hours 7 days a week.
Real Estate Manager (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FL23 February 2018
Forget about having a personal life. EVP wanted us to work 70-80 hours a week and not have anytime for family or days off. They overload you with accounts and have to be in 10 places at once. Lied about getting me support. I did not take a single day off while I worked there and had to come in at night to do client work since I did CBRE paperwork all day.
Great company for the right person
Associate Real Estate Manager (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WA7 February 2018
CBRE puts a lot of effort into touting its values and standards, and emphasizes how much the people who work there are a vital part of their success. However, the company is just too big to be flexible in its procedures. In order to create a consistent level of quality, there are a lot of policies, procedures and platforms that add a lot of extra work. The company tries to instill its culture with slogans rather than by really connecting with the people who work for them. I really enjoy the people I work with but don't really have time to get to know them on more than a superficial level. CBRE is great at promoting from within and the managers are committed to helping staff grow in their careers. However, the mandatory training is superficial and designed to get everyone to the lowest acceptable level. This is a good company for the right person. If it isn't a perfect fit, the organization isn't going to adapt to meet your needs.
very nice company to work with
Real Estate Manager (Former Employee) –  San Juan, PR22 January 2018
I started working with CBRE backs in the 80's as a APM and I grew up as a professional with this company and a have a lot of good memories throught all these years
Pros
good retirement plan
Good company culture
Real Estate Manager (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VA27 December 2017
A well managed company. Candidates should be flexible as the working dynamic of the office changes often. Lots of opportunity for advancement. Good benefits.
Pros
Lots of free food/coffee.
Cons
Work life balance is poor.
Worst place on earth
Assistant Real Estate Manager (Former Employee) –  TX30 November 2017
Management is a TOTAL JOKE, at least at my office. When I brought up concerns about my manager, they were suddenly out to get me. Ended up fired for something that probably should have been a write up at most.

I was already applying for new jobs before termination.
Cons
everything
New manager micro managed
Real Estate Manager (Former Employee) –  Billings, MT7 November 2017
Told we were free to run our portfolio as it needed to be. We then would be verbally or emailed and told it was all wrong. Told I couldn’t be trusted because of one error. No opportunity to correct error or defend oneself. I think this could have been a perfect fit but the manager micro managed your every move. They also lied about providing training and being there to help. The manager was not willing to help their staff be successful. Worst manager I have ever worked for.
Pros
Advancement Opportunities
Cons
No support, trust or faith
Big Company
Assistant Real Estate Manager (Current Employee) –  Denver, CO7 November 2017
Good company to work for. Required to work more than a 40 hour work week during budgets. CBRE is big company and so it is hard to get noticed if you want to advancement.

Want to know more about CBRE?

Ask a question
Property Manager
Real Estate Manager (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OK13 October 2017
Supervisor was rude and had no problem screaming in your face or cussing you out. If you had to take off for family things, it was always a problem. Never listen to your opinion. Played favorites with employees,
Pros
Loved the residents
Cons
Poor Superviser and corperate employees
Fun and focused office culture; great team work
Real Estate Manager (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NC19 September 2017
Energetic and fun work culture. Diversity and advancement opportunities within the company. I've grown in my leadership and management skills. Great Benefits and good balance of family/work.
Pros
Meetings with lunch provided; annual awards w/benefits
Cons
healthcare coverage is average
Working at CBRE
REAL ESTATE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CA1 September 2017
CBRE is a paperless company, so knowledge about technology is essential. This company has great training, and electronic devises. Learning about real estate and the potential for management is also offered. Any position in commercial real estate is a constant change, wherein no two days are ever the same. The workplace culture is very professional, not casual, and presentation is of most importance. The hardest part of the job is to learn all of the correct procedures, and the electronic requirements. As long as you are 'tech-savvy' this is a great place to work.
Great Company
Associate Real Estate Manager (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CA24 May 2017
I have worked for CBRE for the past 3 years and have been very satisfied. Great company to work for with impressive benefits. Can take a long time to move to the next level depending on your manager.
Great Experience & Culture
Real Estate Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GA27 April 2017
CBRE is the mother ship of Commercial Real Estate that provides every Real Estate Professional the training and potential to grow and move into a different role if desired. Provides long term potential to team and careers.
Great company, crummy industry
Real Estate Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, CO8 April 2017
I ended my career at CBRE in the property management division. This was during the Great Recession when companies/tenants were going bankrupt and turning in their keys. Very difficult to daily watch family business disappear overnight, building owners collapse, and a general depressing time.
Productive Environment with great co-workers
Real Estate Manager (Former Employee) –  Village, VA20 December 2016
Hard working and demanding environment with tight deadlines. However, department staff are great to work with. CBRE provides multiple opportunities for training and industry education and hosts entertaining, quarterly networking opportunities for management teams and vendors to get to know each other.

The best part of the job are the people you work with and getting to know the service providers that help you with your properties.

The hardest part of the job is not having enough hours in the day to complete tasks, and having insufficient admin support on many occasions. It takes a long time for anyone to promote.
Pros
On-site, bi-weekly chair massages (employee paid), weekly dry cleaning and shoe shine services (employee paid)
Cons
Short-staffed, promotions hard to receive
Very bureaucratic
Commercial Real Estate Manager (Current Employee) –  Austin, TX11 December 2016
CBRE is a massive corporation with endless networking and resources.
THe hardest part of the job is all the systems that we have to learn but other than that CBRE is a great place to work in,
CBRE's rapid growth has lead to one size fits all
Real Estate Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicagoland Area, IL11 August 2016
With CBRE's rapid world-wide growth has required it to be a shop that treats everyone the same, instead of individuals being able to excel and grow at their own pace.
Company Values: RISE - respect, integrity, service and empathy. RISE notenforced during my employ
Real Estate Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GA3 August 2016
Compensation/Benefits comparable with competitiors. Training and education encouraged and supported. Management and job culture did not reflect company's values. Limited growth and contributions due to procedures.
Pros
Good benefits/compensation, education and training, beautiful class A office building with creative design and a garden roof, LEAD qualifications and process of certifications, professional and respectful co-workers
Cons
Managment and job culture did not reflect company values, limited opportunities: to think outside the box, explore alternatives, contribute and advance.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CBRE. Our community is ready to answer.