CBRE Employee Reviews

Found 106 reviews matching the search See all 2,497 reviews
Good starting point
Marketing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 May 2019
This is a good place to build your resume, but don't get too comfortable. The sales team is favoured highly and employees who bring in the most money are protected.
Pros
Coffee, Kitchen, Provided Lunches Sometimes
Cons
No overtime compensation, No bonuses, Long hours
Some contracts are better than others.
HVAC/R Technician, B gas fitter (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo Land District, BC11 April 2019
Some contracts and teem managers are better than others, I have had talks with others who had great jobs with CBRE. Unfortunately for me that was not the case. My first manager quit and the new manager that was put in had no experience with this type of job, and was very quick to show that the opinions of the team were not important. This only made a bad situation worse.
Pros
Training
Cons
Unrealistic expectations from managment and coustomers because of promises by managment.
Staff Overworked
Salesforce Administrator (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON25 March 2019
While working at CBRE, there was a lot of turnaround.

Firings happened too often.

Many of the staff, were overworked,

coming in on weekends to finish work, or working really late in the

evening.
Cons
Many worked Long Hours
hardest work part
property accounting supervisor (Current Employee) –  downtown toronto20 March 2019
very demanding, need on top of client request all the time. no job security if company lost contract.
very stressful. no respect but did learn how to deal with client and manage to meet tight deadline.
Pros
improve skills on solving the issues
Great place to work, Edmonton and Calgary
Retail Leasing Administrator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 March 2019
I worked with 2 great teams in Edmonton and Calgary for 5 years. Really enjoyed my time and the colleagues I worked with. After 5 years, it was just time for something new.
Bad Leadership
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 March 2019
Company might be great as a whole but certain leaders are poor and are in their positions because of connections. Its too bad people with good qualifications are not leading.
Best organization I have ever worked with
Human Resources Administrator (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MN4 March 2019
This was a wonderful place to work. I regret having to leave my job. The people were great, the pay was decent and fair and the work was rewarding. Overall great.
Excellent company
Building Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON23 February 2019
Wow great company. All companies should work this way. Very well run. I strongly recommend to anyone that can do, work for this company. I would be pleased to go back and work there.
Pros
everything
Cons
nothing
Good atmosphere
Associate Director (Current Employee) –  London, ON30 January 2019
Generally a good place to work, however some management issues exist. There is flexibility in hours and you have the ability to work from anywhere. Many incentives are available.
CBRE Saskatoon none better.
Building Manager (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK20 January 2019
I had the best boss of my whole career. She was professional, excellent communicater and motivating, i only wish she wasn t located in Toronto. First Class company with First Class people.
Pros
Always available.
Cbre
TEAM MARKETING ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 January 2019
This is an international company and it shows with its corporate level. Very motivating environment and pushes employees to work harder, creating healthy competition. Social culture with lots of young employees.
good company
Regional Facility Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 January 2019
Had a good time during my time with CBRE, good benefits and work life balance. Leadership was really good. Flexible hours and great people to work with.
Cbre
Regional Manager Canada (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 December 2018
Short interim role but did a lot of work with CBRE as a supplier in many of my roles. A quality company, but like a lot of places it all depends on the people there. I would rate the company well based on my experiences.
Challenging and Rewarding
Administrator, CBRE Supplier Management Group (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 November 2018
Administrator of CBRE Supplier Management Group -
2006 - 2011

Liaised with Facility Managers as to the SMG review process, initiating approval of pertinent vendor quotations prior to commencement of work thus, ensuring minimum turnaround time.

Consistently reviewed, analyzed, coded and resolved large volumes of "work order relater vendor invoices, ensuring approved criteria was consistently being met.

Interfaced with the vendor base across Canada, providing instruction as to proper invoicing procedure and ensuring specific problems/issues were addressed, solved resulting in a mutual beneficial result for the vendor as well as the client

Workplace Culture was diminishing

As Supervisor of CBRE PHD (Premises Help Desk)
2002 - 2006

I hired, trained and provided a "hands on" approach to the professional development of Property Services Representatives, expanding their knowledge of premises criteria in order that they be able to ask the right questions, to provide the correct vendor and ultimately resolve the Client's daily or complex facility related issues.

Monitored and ensured that Help Desk calls were responded to
promptly, courteously and professionally.

Acted decisively within a team environment to ensure all facility issues were solved while adhering to National Premises standards and corporate policy.

Workplace was a daily hum of activity wherein all persons were cohesive and positive in their participation.
Amazing company with the best culture!
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 November 2018
I don't have enough positive things to say about CBRE. A fantastic culture, combined with smart and interesting personalities. A very enjoyable place to work!
Pros
The network you build
Cons
Low compensation
Marketing Assistant
Marketing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB29 October 2018
The workplace culture here wasn't for me but I did get a good start into the commercial real estate industry and made some contacts to be able to move on.
Good work environment, no life/work balance
FINANCIAL ANALYST (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 September 2018
Positive place to work; however long hours and no life/work balance.
Supportive managers, yet no much area of growth.
No employee rewards system
Ok place to start career
Great company
Building Technician (Current Employee) –  Wasaga Beach, ON10 July 2018
my position as a Building Tech. is very rewarding my day starts with a complete Ext/Int inspection of the building and a daily inspection of building systems and fleet management and continue with daily rounds and routine complete monthly PM's and completing KPI.
as well as taking care of buildings at other sites.
Pros
Every day is interesting
Cons
Winter Travel to my home base
Male dominant, not with the times, no growth potential for support staff
Team Coordinator / Client Services (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON4 July 2018
No growth opportunity unless you want to be in sales. Any support positions have salary caps and the only way in which you can gradually earn a higher salary is if your team gives you a raise paid OUT OF THEIR POCKETS. Read: the company will never, ever pay you more - you have to beg your direct manager to pay you more out of their own pockets - makes for an extremely awkward chat. This company is NOT with the times and treats support staff like they're worth nothing, simply because they're an expense on the company ledger (salespeople are 100% commission so they don't cost the company anything).
Nice and relaxed environment but lacks challenges
Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 June 2018
Great for retirement, but not for young people. I worked in the GWS section.

People are really friendly and nice, and the culture is open and honest. No office politics.
Pros
Great work life balance
Cons
Gets boring

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CBRE. Our community is ready to answer.