CBRE

CBRE Employee Reviews

Canada167 reviews

Found 167 reviews matching the searchSee all 4,007 reviews
estateclientofficerealteamsalarybalanceworkplace

Good company to work for

Good company to work for. Excellent hours. Great benefits. Work from home . Great team interaction. Business hours . Upper management is very remote and difficult to get in contact with. Great RRSP match.

Good place to improve skills

I worked on service center team. It was a good experience. I learned how to use different systems and it helped me to improve my English skills. They should share more information about the company.

Insights into CBRE

What people like
  • Fair pay for job
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Ability to learn new things
Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues

Supportive team

I had a great working experience at CBRE. My manager was extremely supportive, interested in my career development. Her door was always open to discuss any concerns I may have had.

Friendly Environment with super approachable management

It's a good job with room for advancement. Mostly just involves keeping the client happy and administration work.Occasional Saturday work but will allow you to pick a day that works for you and vendor.

Pros

Everyone appreciates you, wage is pretty decent, RRSP Plans

Cons

Commute is far for me

Great overall Workplace but very disorganized operations

New account was terribly organized by transition and leadership have no clue how the processes should flow. We are now stuck in this and have to figure things out.

One of the best employer

A perfect workplace. I feel I'm appreciated by colleagues, managers and executives. Lots of development opportunities within the company. I recommend everyone to apply for a job @CBRE.

Average workplace.

Average corporate position. Depending on department, staying late is glorified while leaving at your designated time is frowned upon. Management is limited with what they can do because of the existing culture.

Great company

I loved my time at CBRE. Great team, good managers, and overall a proud company to work for. They were understanding, and kind. I see some negative reviews on here but I think they need to be taken with a grain of salt.. the company offers plenty of room for advancement. Highly recommend CBRE.

Building rounds and routines , Follow-up on work orders,most of the jobs are pretty routine expectations but you have to also be able to adjust to change in the workplace. Being able to communicate with your co- workers is very important as you sometimes will have to cover their calls so you should have a basic knowledge of their job duties.

Pros

Flexible work conditions

Cons

On-call requirements, can be trying in mid-winter conditions, middle of the night.

Decent place to work

Great Real Estate team to work with. I left for personal reason, otherwise I would still be there. Close to downtown restaurants and Public Gardens, underground parking available.

Pros

Lots of on the job perks

Good people, non flexible work schedule

Corporate culture that like to send out communication to boost morale and appreciation. Very clear hierarchy of org chart and very little room for self initiation outside your suppose role, unless you make it clear in your stretch goal to work on other things and get the manager support to assign those tasks to you as part of long term training. Very inflexible work schedule, it’s either half day off or a full day off, nothing in between.

Good

CBRE is a fantastic company to work for great benefits and fair pay there is great opportunity to move forward with this company.There are very good reasons to join CBRE

Good place to work.

Great place to work. Relaxed, but you have to manage your time well. Lots of perks like frequent team lunches. Team oriented. Not a lot of flexibility in work hours. This was before the pandemic, so not sure who much it's changed since.

Lots of opportunity for growth, great culture

Lots of opportunity for growth, big corporation in which you can collaborate with peers on different province and account, for client based - very demanding and fast paced

Pros

Diverse and inclusive environment

Cons

Fast paced and demanding

Fun place and team

Great company to work for. Great work flexibility and a very good work life balance. Salary was average but benefits were excellent. Would recommend to anyone.

Great Place To Work

Great place to work, with very capable and talented colleagues. Collaboration is encouraged and rewarded. Fair compensation. Management caters to client needs, which causes some last minute headaches. But overall, great place.

Pros

Flexibility, innovative tools, suportive staff/management

Cons

Mediocre management when it comes to organization, although mostly during COVID.

Great Company, but felt overworked

Started with three pm’s in the office, they laid off one, one left on stress, and I was expected to carry the load of three. They didn’t get me any help until I gave 6 months notice and then they waited for the last month. In between it was just bandaid solutions which actually created more work.

Pros

Great co-workers

Cons

Very long hours

A dated, sexist work environment

The Ottawa office is not very well positioned within Ottawa, being out of downtown and where most clients want to meet. Management and male employees are unfortunately sexist and allow sexist and homophobic remarks to be made without taking any action. The most difficult part of the job is definitely the people - they aren't warm or welcoming and it's not an inclusive work culture. Management don't care about retention, and try to squeeze the most out of employees for the least amount of money.

Not Recommended for Support Staff Professions

Your experience as an employee with CBRE is highly dependent on the team you work with within the office, and whether you are sales/support. With great benefits and a strong starting salary, it is an appealing opportunity to get early work experience - but turnover is very high. Do not expect support from management if you are a support employee. There is little opportunity for advancement, and not modern in terms of workplace culture.

Pros

Good benefits, good starting salary. Lots of employee culture initiatives like free lunches.

Cons

Low respect for support employees, high turnover rate, unprofessional management, low advancement opportunity

Mensonge et abus

Pire experience de travail de vie, 8 mois d’enfer, harcèlement et abus

Pros

$

Cons

Employees prêt a tout pour être sous les projecteur sur

Well run and managed company

Well run and managed company.Good pay and benefits.good recognition for doing good work.Good communication between management and employees.Lots of paid training and courses.Lots of opportunities for advancement. I've been with CBS for 3 years now and actually like my job.Would defiantly recommend working here.

Pros

All the above

Cons

Workload can sometimes get hectic

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CBRE. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement