CBRE Employee Reviews

Great company to work for!
Office Services Clerk (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC14 June 2018
CBRE is a fantastic company to work for great benefits and fair pay there is great opportunity to move forward with this company.
There are very good reasons to join CBRE
High stress
Chief Building Operator (Current Employee) –  Aylmer, ON21 May 2018
Never ending service calls for stupid students. Responsable for 11 million dollar upgrades to HVAC system without proper compensation or respect. Management talks all credit for my hard work.
Pros
Cons
Always on call
Challanging
Sr Building Operator (Data Center) (Current Employee) –  Saint John, NB25 April 2018
Fast paced environment with many responsibilities. Requires you to adapt to many situations that may arise. Follow company policies and procedures. Use RISE Values
Pros
Flexibility
Fast-paced fun company
Language Compliance Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 April 2018
Driven, entrepreneurial culture which encourages everyone to adoptt the same. I learned that a lot can be done through initiative. The hardest part of the job is to influence senior management but it's also the most enjoyable part.
Pros
Modern, open offices
Poor Work/Life Balance
Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 April 2018
If you don't mind working 7 days a week, 12 hrs per day this company is for you. Provide competitive salaries and benefits but the big draw is working remotely from home on the Facilities Management side. Most of the people are nice to work with but the pressure that comes from above makes everyone tense and tired and creates a culture of throwing others under the bus or deflecting blame to protect themselves. There is little job security but that's common in all big organizations now.
Pros
Working from home, competitive wages and benefits.
Cons
Long hours, stressful, culture of deflecting blame.
Self Schedule with flexible hours
Senior Metrologist (Current Employee) –  Holland, MI9 April 2018
Able to manage my own time with scheduling my own work with my customers. Most customers are local, but my territory covers Illinois, Indiana, Michigan and Ohio. Some trips may be further distance.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Travel 35% of time
fun work place
Property Accountant (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 April 2018
-client based;
-therefore strong communication skills and inter personal skills;
-project management have tight deadlines;
-work under pressure and need to know how to release pressure
Great place to start your career but don't expect to stay longer than 1 year
Client Services Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 March 2018
The company has an expiration date for entry-level positions. Not much room for growth and you're lucky if you don't deal with a narcissist every other day.

Competitive industry, great benefits, beautiful office, slightly incompetent senior management
Benefits
Cons
Low pay
Nice company with many opportunities for career growth.
Building Operator (Current Employee) –  Milton, ON28 February 2018
Been a great time working with this company. But my workplace is quite far from my family residence. There is available opportunity for career growth. The management people are supportive of new ideas and give their workers the freedom to innovate and work independently. I like the work culture which is like playing in a team. The most enjoyable part is when you accomplish a difficult job. There is actually no hardest job. It is just time management that is needed.
Pros
The company pays for over time work.
Fun Workplace but horrible management
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC22 February 2018
The staff are fun to work with as well as the brokers, the management of the office in Vancouver is very low, if you are not a broker bringing in money to the company you are considered 2nd class.
No comments
Critical Data Center Operator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 February 2018
I would suggest to keep reinvesting into the basics and encourage your people to grow and expand. Make sure everyone is on the same page. Poor people, culture, and environment
Global company with a great culture
Contract Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 February 2018
Excellent work life balance
Great leadership and vision
helpful business partners creates a culture where professional growth is encourages and promoted.
Great job/work balance
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 January 2018
Opportunities to learn; however, pays less than most of the companies in the market. Stability, productive, great job/work balance, great work culture
summary
Manager - Process Improvement (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 January 2018
review, its a fun happy place to work. lots of fun and happiness. sometimes there is more fun than happiness, other occasions happiness trumps fun. a fine balance of happiness and fun is what makes this place so awesome
Fast Paced , Service Orientated
Team Lead, Project Management (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 December 2017
I managed a group of project managers who provided facility services for TD Bank corporate offices in the downtown core. Provided weekly reporting and created a KPI structure to enhance service and manage time. The culture was very service orientated and customer driven. Managing a demanding client and keeping timelines within a set budget was challenging, however keeping people interested in repetitive functions was difficult. Achieving our goals and KPIs all within budget to the satisfaction of our clients and CBRE.
My department
Senior Paralegal (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 November 2017
I wasn't at CBRE for too long due to being offered an other role in another company. The paralegal department was very unstable due to the manager at the time. CBRE is overall a great company to work for, I didn't enjoyed my time there due my boss at the time. However, I would definitely work for CBRE in again if the opportunity would present itself. The worse part of my day was having to be belittle by my boss publicly but the best times were having to help my team and courage them to be their best.
Strong divide between sales and support
Client Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 October 2017
Beautiful office and mostly friendly faces. A lot of 'locker room talk' and drama between some sales brokers.

Support team is fantastic and work incredibly hard. Work culture is great but mostly geared towards rewarding the sales brokers and associates.

Benefit options and great employee perks.
Pros
Central located office, employee perks
Cons
high expectations and demanding
not to professional
manager (Former Employee) –  Ontario16 August 2017
Sr. staff don't engage with you even when they invite you to a meeting...they are too busy with phone calls and emails during meeting. Not to impressed!
Great Working Environment
Senior Field Technical Support (Contract) (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON27 July 2017
This is great Company , Great Environment. Reasonable salary. Work hours from 8 to 5 pm weekdays only. Some weekends usually on Saturday if there is project in place. This is a formal dress code environment. CBRE stays on top of latest technology. Most of main office been restructured or redesigned in which user can work on elevating desks, sitting or standing. Provided laptop and cell phone for IT.
Good facilities company
Mailroom/Shipping/Receiving Attendant (Former Employee) –  Toronto27 July 2017
Decent salary depending on position. Benefits and matching RRSP available, paid holidays, etc. Good morale overall. Management were co-operative and fair.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CBRE. Our community is ready to answer.