CBI Home Health Employee Reviews

Terrible company
Frontline worker (Former Employee) –  BC14 November 2018
It's the worst employer I ever had. They don't respect their employees. Management does not listen to staff. Workload is insane but payment is poor. There is no way for professional development. Company cares only about money and hire only managers who have the same attitude. They declare to have values but it's nothing but lip service. If you really care about your clients, then don't work here.
Pros
Cons
The entire company
Beware
Former employee (Former Employee) –  Canada8 November 2018
If you're an HCA, LPN, RN, PSW or whatever, avoid this company. Senior management does not care about their employees, they over work us, do not listen when you explain you're having issues and need help. They absolutely rush the hiring process and you quite honestly will be left feeling remorse for taking this role.
Pros
Literally nothing
Cons
The whole company.
If I could give them ZERO I would
LPN (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB8 November 2018
The office environment is absolutely deplorable. The field staff is treated poorly. Management has no heart. The company has 4 core values and not one manager follows it. No compassion for anything. I do not recommend working there even for the experience, you will not be supported.
Pros
The odd staff member may be ok
Cons
everything else
Disengaged Management
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB8 November 2018
If you have a choice, do not work here. The management is completely disengaged from their subordinates, treating them poorly with very little disregard for them as people. They lack direction within the company, creating roles only to eliminate them within months. While you may not be micromanaged, you are constantly watched and criticized, assumptions made during conversations behind closed doors and never given the benefit of the doubt.
Cons
Management, salary, communication
Do Not Work Here
field staff (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 November 2018
This is possibly the most heartless company I have ever worked for. Management couldn't care less about it's staff and they expect you to work 10 hours (some of that being your own time) a day with no support or guidance. Then you'll be blamed for everything and let go. They don't ever even consider how are clients are doing and if they are getting proper care.
Pros
Cons
everything
Fun place to work if you love all kinds of people
Health Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB29 October 2018
Loved working with the company learned a lot had many opportunities for personal growth as well as lots of professional experiences wished they did not go union though seemed to cut back your hours rather than increase them
Horriable management/ over work staff
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Niagara, ON17 October 2018
Couple years ago was an amazing company fo work for . Now with new management it is a horrible company to work for . Expect you to work extremely long hours and want you to take extra clients to help them out but when it comes to vacation and time off you are always refused . Managment will throw you under a bus in seconds they have no respect for there staff and there clients are just numbers to them.
The children are the only pro
Child Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK17 October 2018
Overall, the company oversold themselves on the job description and during training. Benefits do not come in on time, you won’t get your three month review and raise, and often times, you will be asked to extend your shift and work 12-16 hours on short notice. The children are great and they are the one thing that keeps people coming back. Because the pay is not enough compensation for what you deal with.
Pros
Children
Cons
Long hours, minimal pay, bullying
Awful
CCW (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK15 October 2018
Unorganized and pay does not compensate the work load. Absolute chaos. Would not recommend, you will not be trained properly and will be expected to take on tasks with little help. Pay roll is never on time and often is less than owed.
Cons
Long hours, little staff, unorganized
Soo bad work at mcdonalds
Hca (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB10 October 2018
So little pay for high liability. Book you when ever they want then guilt trip you. No pay for driving. Making a dollar more than working at mcdonalds no shift differential. I make more at mcdonalds
Expect Unpaid Driving Time and More
Behavior Interventionist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB20 September 2018
I will start off nicely by saying there are good people working here who are dedicated to helping families and their cause. The families you deal with are quite amazing as well. However, being in the position as a Behavior Interventionist you will feel that you are not being trained appropriately (it occurs at very random times, as well as being extremely confusing to the point of asking yourself "what am I doing?", "I don't know if what I am doing is correct?", "when will I get information on how to do my job?", or "when will I be trained?"). You instantly get thrown into a big unorganized, messy salad and arrive at peoples houses not knowing what to do. Everyone else is on salary, this position is not – expect a terrible 40 hours a week with a very unfortunate paycheck. I was driving from point A to B to C NOT COMPENSATED, and exceeding 8 hours throughout the day because of the driving time. You have to keep track of gas receipts, time spent driving, as well as km's driven so that you can later submit – hopefully this has changed and employees are actually getting *mileage*. Expect to drive a lot if you're working more than 25 hours. Also, consider winter time because that will have effect on this position, and expect a lot of wear and tear on your vehicle. Break time is not paid for, and it is often hard to make time for lunch during driving days – you will be buying lunch most times. You will also be dealing with very different families and home settings – many of which are willing to learn with you, and others more difficult to deal with.

This job is not worth the complications
  more... in the end. Sure, the title of "Behavior Interventionist" sounds nice on a resume, but consider your sanity beforehand. Also, having background in this field is very crucial. You will NOT last if your focus is not on children with neurodevelopmental disabilities – hence why the turnover rate is so high. Also, management communication really needs to be worked on, training hours are mostly forgotten on paychecks and need to be verbally reminded. I believe in the values of the company I was working with, but my experience as a Behavior Interventionist was not supported appropriately.  less
Pros
Meeting the families, experiencing different ASD personalities
Cons
Terrible pay, no mileage, wear and tear on vehicle, training is not consistent, high turnover rate
CBI coordinator
After Hours Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 September 2018
i didn't work there long enough for any issue to come up, but in my time there i felt very welcomes and appreciated. this is a great company to work for
Not good
Child Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK16 September 2018
Literally worst place I’ve ever worked all around, management is a joke and pay absolutely does not compensate the work load whatsoever. besides the beautiful children’s lives I got to be apart of, it was horrible.
Pros
The clients
Cons
Management, pay, staffing
Good place to gain experience as a new HCA but very very low pay.
Health Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB11 September 2018
CBI is a good place to gain a good experience as an HCA because you face many challenges with different clients.

I worked for 1 year with CBI and WECARE but their hourly pay is very low, too much driving, they don’t care if you get tickets or not and if you vehicle is damaged.

All their goals is about client and they don’t care about their staffs. Working at CBI killed my Car during the winter and no one care and no support.

If you want to gain experience CBI is a good place but their hourly pay can’t solve you needs and bills.
Pros
Low hourly pay
Cons
Tough supervisors
Do Not Work There
Office Employee (Former Employee) –  Ontario8 September 2018
Dont even know how to explain how bad it is working for CBI. So much stress, little pay, job changes daily with no notice, horrible leadership from head office right down to the local office. Everyone seems to hate every second of every day at work so turnover is through the roof. Definitely the worst employer I have ever worked for and do not recommend them as an emplpyer for anyone. You are better off with no income over the stress and anxiety you will deal with working at CBI
Pros
Not a thing
Cons
Is ok but needs more staff in Hamilton office
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON3 September 2018
CEO is great however he trusts his Directors and V/P's to make decisions and they may not always be the best. Instead of hiring more managers, directors etc. The focus needs to be on the staff that keep things together.

CBI has grown too big and needs to step back and rethink as not all offices can keep up with changes due to staff leaving.
Not enough hours. No job security
Home support (Former Employee) –  British Columbia2 September 2018
Expect to live in BC with our high cost of living and work for CBI? You won't make it very far. This company offers little, to no hours. Poor scheduling and clients are usually disgruntled by the lack of consistency and no-shows for care. Management is practically nonexistent.
We Care had its struggles too, but things seem to have REALLY gone downhill since the name change to CBI. I don't recommend working for this company at all.
Pros
Free time and nice clients
Cons
Too many to list
Its a good place to work
Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Red Deer, AB13 August 2018
mostly casual hours

management is great

a rewarding career

a diversified company to work for

I learn something new everyday with each client and how important it is for myself to be at my clients home on time for every shift.
very fun place but not enough money
RPN (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON31 July 2018
i love being a community nurse, but doesnt make enough money. I love doing my skills and learning new skills and meeting new people all the time and gives your freedom where your not just a one place all day long
Learning experience
Health Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB27 June 2018
I have enjoyed my working days in CBI. I can say that working here enhanced my knowledge and skills in rendering care to clients . Helped me get ready for my future career.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CBI Home Health. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8