CBI Home Health Employee Reviews

CBI coordinator
After Hours Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 September 2018
i didn't work there long enough for any issue to come up, but in my time there i felt very welcomes and appreciated. this is a great company to work for
Not good
Child Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK16 September 2018
Literally worst place I’ve ever worked all around, management is a joke and pay absolutely does not compensate the work load whatsoever. besides the beautiful children’s lives I got to be apart of, it was horrible.
Pros
The clients
Cons
Management, pay, staffing
Good place to gain experience as a new HCA but very very low pay.
Health Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB11 September 2018
CBI is a good place to gain a good experience as an HCA because you face many challenges with different clients.

I worked for 1 year with CBI and WECARE but their hourly pay is very low, too much driving, they don’t care if you get tickets or not and if you vehicle is damaged.

All their goals is about client and they don’t care about their staffs. Working at CBI killed my Car during the winter and no one care and no support.

If you want to gain experience CBI is a good place but their hourly pay can’t solve you needs and bills.
Pros
Low hourly pay
Cons
Tough supervisors
Do Not Work There
Office Employee (Former Employee) –  Ontario8 September 2018
Dont even know how to explain how bad it is working for CBI. So much stress, little pay, job changes daily with no notice, horrible leadership from head office right down to the local office. Everyone seems to hate every second of every day at work so turnover is through the roof. Definitely the worst employer I have ever worked for and do not recommend them as an emplpyer for anyone. You are better off with no income over the stress and anxiety you will deal with working at CBI
Pros
Not a thing
Cons
Not enough hours. No job security
Home support (Former Employee) –  British Columbia2 September 2018
Expect to live in BC with our high cost of living and work for CBI? You won't make it very far. This company offers little, to no hours. Poor scheduling and clients are usually disgruntled by the lack of consistency and no-shows for care. Management is practically nonexistent.
We Care had its struggles too, but things seem to have REALLY gone downhill since the name change to CBI. I don't recommend working for this company at all.
Pros
Free time and nice clients
Cons
Too many to list
Its a good place to work
Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Red Deer, AB13 August 2018
mostly casual hours

management is great

a rewarding career

a diversified company to work for

I learn something new everyday with each client and how important it is for myself to be at my clients home on time for every shift.
very fun place but not enough money
RPN (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON31 July 2018
i love being a community nurse, but doesnt make enough money. I love doing my skills and learning new skills and meeting new people all the time and gives your freedom where your not just a one place all day long
Learning experience
Health Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB27 June 2018
I have enjoyed my working days in CBI. I can say that working here enhanced my knowledge and skills in rendering care to clients . Helped me get ready for my future career.
the staff is not very friendly and they can be very unorganised
Home Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB20 June 2018
Not the best place to work, the km coverage is low, the staff can be very unorganised and uninformed of some of the things that are going on and they can be very unfriendly.
Really love elderly
Health Care Aide (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB20 June 2018
In my typical day, I really love to work and serve elderly/ I learned so many things, like the way how to value life and love. cherish every single momemnts with family. I learned so many things in different culture. easy to adapt and foods as well.really enjoy wotking with other people.
Unprofessional poorly run low pay job.
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB3 June 2018
Nurses are paid $24.65 hour regardless of experience. You are required to use your own vehicle and are compensated $2.50 per client, roughly 2 clients per hour.

Last year I put 5,000 km on my vehicle driving around in snow and ice. Wear and tear on your vehicle is not taken into account... in essence they are paying you $5 an hour for the use of your vehicle AND underpaying you for a skilled service.

Your "supervisor" books you when you ask not to be booked, then calls you and when you miss the appointment. Appointments just "show up" on your phone without any notice or phone call asking you to take shifts....

Unprofessional poorly run low pay job. Nurses are taken advantage of.

Stay away.
Pros
Cons
Unprofessional poorly run low pay job.
Nice place to work and gain experience
Community Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB16 May 2018
NICE PLACE TO WORK AND GAIN EXPERIENCE. A truly strong culture which offers mutual support, promotes trust, rewards employees’ efforts, and ensures that employees know their work is meaningful. Instead of growing employees' skills to match the companies needs, they look for ways to grow the company based on employees’ passions. They continually ask employees what they are interested in doing and how they would like to see their career unfold
Pros
good staff
Do not work here
Health Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Cochrane, AB14 May 2018
CBI and WeCare is the worst healthcare company to work for. Long, unlawful hours— you will be asked to work double shifts which are 8 hours each and work the AM shift the next morning at 5:30 am after getting off of work at 9:30. Horrible communication with head office to employees. No one told me when I was working and when I emailed to inquire I was yelled at. Highly do not recommend working here.
Tedious and repetitive work
Intake Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Ontario9 May 2018
The work is very monotonous and tight timelines combined with zero margins for error makes it very stressful. The corporate structure makes the individual less important.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
High stress
attending to the needs of the elderly
Personal Support Worker/ Home health aide (Former Employee) –  Hamilton Ontario Canada11 April 2018
home care
attending to the needs of the elderly in their homes
helping with activities of daily living
light housekeeping provided with time remaining
I learned to be patient and compassionate
After the care given you feel good and content your clients is happy with the care
Hardest part is running out of time to fulfill all tasks in the home and with client.
Pros
work at your pace & take your breaks when you can
Cons
long distances between the homes of clients
A stressful environment and stressful encounters with authorities
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Brandon, MB10 April 2018
This company doesn’t understand that we as support workers need a rest as well. Working 24 hour shift offer back to back without leaving... just imagine! They will maybe give you one day off and you do it all over again. It is very hard to acquire bemifits at the company as well. For being a mental health facility they sure don’t care about the mental health of their employers.
Pros
Benefit of helping clients
Cons
Long hours, not to great communication
home care
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON8 April 2018
I prefer not to write a review so I will just tell you I have worked here 4 years. My roll is in clients homes so i do not often work along side anyone but my clients. They are wonderful!
Not worth the pay
Residential Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NB7 April 2018
Working for CBI is horrible. Favortism is a key factor in sucess at CBI. There is little appreciation for workers who work 80 hours a week.The pay is low and the work is hard on your mental and physical health. Everything is so disorganized. Rules change without notice. Management is constantly bugging staff to pick up extra hours even if the workers are already working 50+ hours. Mangememt sents emails and text about work too much that you have to take your work home with you.
Pros
Experience to get a better job
Cons
Long hours, low pay, no appreciation
unorganized
Community Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB2 April 2018
it has been amazing working here for the first year when it was not yet CBI. Then it got so messed up when it became CBi. Lots of changes and not organized. The Amazing people quit and lazy people get the jobs. Most of the workers are incompetent. They just keep hiring people that are not competent and didn’t want to the job. Also employees are underpaid and treated not fair.
Worst place to work
Care Manager (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB29 March 2018
The work follows you at home, it never stops. No balance between your personal life and your work life. Everybody is tired even though they are good people but everybody is under huge pressure. They don't value their employees, neither their clients.
And the salary...it is awful! Not worth working for them.
Cons
salary, work-life balance inexistant, stressful environment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CBI Home Health. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9