CBI Home Health Employee Reviews

Learning experience
Health Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB27 June 2018
I have enjoyed my working days in CBI. I can say that working here enhanced my knowledge and skills in rendering care to clients . Helped me get ready for my future career.
Really love elderly
Health Care Aide (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB20 June 2018
In my typical day, I really love to work and serve elderly/ I learned so many things, like the way how to value life and love. cherish every single momemnts with family. I learned so many things in different culture. easy to adapt and foods as well.really enjoy wotking with other people.
Unprofessional poorly run low pay job.
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB3 June 2018
Nurses are paid $24.65 hour regardless of experience. You are required to use your own vehicle and are compensated $2.50 per client, roughly 2 clients per hour.

Last year I put 5,000 km on my vehicle driving around in snow and ice. Wear and tear on your vehicle is not taken into account... in essence they are paying you $5 an hour for the use of your vehicle AND underpaying you for a skilled service.

Your "supervisor" books you when you ask not to be booked, then calls you and when you miss the appointment. Appointments just "show up" on your phone without any notice or phone call asking you to take shifts....

Unprofessional poorly run low pay job. Nurses are taken advantage of.

Stay away.
Pros
Cons
Unprofessional poorly run low pay job.
Nice place to work and gain experience
Community Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB16 May 2018
NICE PLACE TO WORK AND GAIN EXPERIENCE. A truly strong culture which offers mutual support, promotes trust, rewards employees’ efforts, and ensures that employees know their work is meaningful. Instead of growing employees' skills to match the companies needs, they look for ways to grow the company based on employees’ passions. They continually ask employees what they are interested in doing and how they would like to see their career unfold
Pros
good staff
Do not work here
Health Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Cochrane, AB14 May 2018
CBI and WeCare is the worst healthcare company to work for. Long, unlawful hours— you will be asked to work double shifts which are 8 hours each and work the AM shift the next morning at 5:30 am after getting off of work at 9:30. Horrible communication with head office to employees. No one told me when I was working and when I emailed to inquire I was yelled at. Highly do not recommend working here.
Tedious and repetitive work
Intake Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Ontario9 May 2018
The work is very monotonous and tight timelines combined with zero margins for error makes it very stressful. The corporate structure makes the individual less important.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
High stress
attending to the needs of the elderly
Personal Support Worker/ Home health aide (Former Employee) –  Hamilton Ontario Canada11 April 2018
home care
attending to the needs of the elderly in their homes
helping with activities of daily living
light housekeeping provided with time remaining
I learned to be patient and compassionate
After the care given you feel good and content your clients is happy with the care
Hardest part is running out of time to fulfill all tasks in the home and with client.
Pros
work at your pace & take your breaks when you can
Cons
long distances between the homes of clients
A stressful environment and stressful encounters with authorities
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Brandon, MB10 April 2018
This company doesn’t understand that we as support workers need a rest as well. Working 24 hour shift offer back to back without leaving... just imagine! They will maybe give you one day off and you do it all over again. It is very hard to acquire bemifits at the company as well. For being a mental health facility they sure don’t care about the mental health of their employers.
Pros
Benefit of helping clients
Cons
Long hours, not to great communication
home care
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON8 April 2018
I prefer not to write a review so I will just tell you I have worked here 4 years. My roll is in clients homes so i do not often work along side anyone but my clients. They are wonderful!
Not worth the pay
Residential Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NB7 April 2018
Working for CBI is horrible. Favortism is a key factor in sucess at CBI. There is little appreciation for workers who work 80 hours a week.The pay is low and the work is hard on your mental and physical health. Everything is so disorganized. Rules change without notice. Management is constantly bugging staff to pick up extra hours even if the workers are already working 50+ hours. Mangememt sents emails and text about work too much that you have to take your work home with you.
Pros
Experience to get a better job
Cons
Long hours, low pay, no appreciation
unorganized
Community Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB2 April 2018
it has been amazing working here for the first year when it was not yet CBI. Then it got so messed up when it became CBi. Lots of changes and not organized. The Amazing people quit and lazy people get the jobs. Most of the workers are incompetent. They just keep hiring people that are not competent and didn’t want to the job. Also employees are underpaid and treated not fair.
Worst place to work
Care Manager (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB29 March 2018
The work follows you at home, it never stops. No balance between your personal life and your work life. Everybody is tired even though they are good people but everybody is under huge pressure. They don't value their employees, neither their clients.
And the salary...it is awful! Not worth working for them.
Cons
salary, work-life balance inexistant, stressful environment
Not fun to work for this company
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB14 March 2018
It is good to work just after graduating, after that make sure you work hard in looking for a better job. One minute you have good hours, the next minute you have nothing. There is just too much favoritism, they give hours to people they favor.
It is good to work with CBI
Community Disability Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 March 2018
I had a great learning and work experience with CBI. Job security is also good. it supports our personal growth and career growth together. work atmosphere and staff are really good and motivating.
can be a great place to work
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Simcoe, ON5 March 2018
although it can be stressful generally its a great place to work

it has been a rapidly expanding company and things have changed a great deal in this process
Great place to Work!
Talent Acquisition Specialist (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON2 March 2018
Very engaging and supportive People & Culture Team. Great growth opportunities within the company. Challenging, but rewarding work environment. Love working with great people!
Don't even
LPN (Casual) (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB28 February 2018
I worked there for a few months before I had to quit. It was so stressful. Your availability was never listened too. Constantly being double booked for clients and scheduales were constantly changing! Sometimes I had to drive 25 or more minutes in between clients with back to back bookings. Other times my schedual was so open with one client at say 0800 and nothing till 0930 or 1000. One week I would be run off my feet with so many clients. The next I would have hardly any clients. Wage is horrible! No mileage either. And getting through to the office is a nightmare. Getting someone to return your calls is nothing short of a mirical. I had so many clients tell me how unhappy they are with the company and some actuallycancelled and decided to pay out of pocket for a private lpn because they could not rely on Cbi. Getting time off is also a crapshoot with no time off ever guaranteed.
Pros
I used lots of skills
Cons
Everything I mentioned above
CBI Home Health Lethbridge
Home Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB20 February 2018
It always comes down to the dollar with this company, no matter how it negatively effects its staff or clients.
No changes are consulted with the people it will directly effect before protocol is changed.
Always full of empty promises to office and front line staff.
It's okay
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Fredericton, NB7 February 2018
The clients are amazing and the whole reason why I stayed in this job so long.
The shifts are split up so it takes an entire day to work. Definitly not a 9-5 job. You have to pay for your own gas so it's hard to afford a day off. After hours sucks
Management is working hard to give the best to clients and employees.
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON29 January 2018
The most enjoyable part of the job is giving care to clients in need. The hardest part for me would be the travelling from one place to the other during this winter season.
Pros
Approachable team
Cons
Less clients

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CBI Home Health. Our community is ready to answer.