CBI Home Health Employee Reviews

A stressful environment and stressful encounters with authorities
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Brandon, MB10 April 2018
This company doesn’t understand that we as support workers need a rest as well. Working 24 hour shift offer back to back without leaving... just imagine! They will maybe give you one day off and you do it all over again. It is very hard to acquire bemifits at the company as well. For being a mental health facility they sure don’t care about the mental health of their employers.
Pros
Benefit of helping clients
Cons
Long hours, not to great communication
home care
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON8 April 2018
I prefer not to write a review so I will just tell you I have worked here 4 years. My roll is in clients homes so i do not often work along side anyone but my clients. They are wonderful!
Not worth the pay
Residential Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NB7 April 2018
Working for CBI is horrible. Favortism is a key factor in sucess at CBI. There is little appreciation for workers who work 80 hours a week.The pay is low and the work is hard on your mental and physical health. Everything is so disorganized. Rules change without notice. Management is constantly bugging staff to pick up extra hours even if the workers are already working 50+ hours. Mangememt sents emails and text about work too much that you have to take your work home with you.
Pros
Experience to get a better job
Cons
Long hours, low pay, no appreciation
unorganized
Community Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB2 April 2018
it has been amazing working here for the first year when it was not yet CBI. Then it got so messed up when it became CBi. Lots of changes and not organized. The Amazing people quit and lazy people get the jobs. Most of the workers are incompetent. They just keep hiring people that are not competent and didn’t want to the job. Also employees are underpaid and treated not fair.
Worst place to work
Care Manager (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB29 March 2018
The work follows you at home, it never stops. No balance between your personal life and your work life. Everybody is tired even though they are good people but everybody is under huge pressure. They don't value their employees, neither their clients.
And the salary...it is awful! Not worth working for them.
Cons
salary, work-life balance inexistant, stressful environment
Not fun to work for this company
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB14 March 2018
It is good to work just after graduating, after that make sure you work hard in looking for a better job. One minute you have good hours, the next minute you have nothing. There is just too much favoritism, they give hours to people they favor.
It is good to work with CBI
Community Disability Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 March 2018
I had a great learning and work experience with CBI. Job security is also good. it supports our personal growth and career growth together. work atmosphere and staff are really good and motivating.
can be a great place to work
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Simcoe, ON5 March 2018
although it can be stressful generally its a great place to work

it has been a rapidly expanding company and things have changed a great deal in this process
Great place to Work!
Talent Acquisition Specialist (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON2 March 2018
Very engaging and supportive People & Culture Team. Great growth opportunities within the company. Challenging, but rewarding work environment. Love working with great people!
Don't even
LPN (Casual) (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB28 February 2018
I worked there for a few months before I had to quit. It was so stressful. Your availability was never listened too. Constantly being double booked for clients and scheduales were constantly changing! Sometimes I had to drive 25 or more minutes in between clients with back to back bookings. Other times my schedual was so open with one client at say 0800 and nothing till 0930 or 1000. One week I would be run off my feet with so many clients. The next I would have hardly any clients. Wage is horrible! No mileage either. And getting through to the office is a nightmare. Getting someone to return your calls is nothing short of a mirical. I had so many clients tell me how unhappy they are with the company and some actuallycancelled and decided to pay out of pocket for a private lpn because they could not rely on Cbi. Getting time off is also a crapshoot with no time off ever guaranteed.
Pros
I used lots of skills
Cons
Everything I mentioned above
CBI Home Health Lethbridge
Home Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB20 February 2018
It always comes down to the dollar with this company, no matter how it negatively effects its staff or clients.
No changes are consulted with the people it will directly effect before protocol is changed.
Always full of empty promises to office and front line staff.
It's okay
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Fredericton, NB7 February 2018
The clients are amazing and the whole reason why I stayed in this job so long.
The shifts are split up so it takes an entire day to work. Definitly not a 9-5 job. You have to pay for your own gas so it's hard to afford a day off. After hours sucks
Management is working hard to give the best to clients and employees.
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON29 January 2018
The most enjoyable part of the job is giving care to clients in need. The hardest part for me would be the travelling from one place to the other during this winter season.
Pros
Approachable team
Cons
Less clients
Stay away!!’
Client Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC9 January 2018
I have never worked for a more disorganized, poorly run company in my life! The great wage does not even close to make up for the poor management or favortism in the office! I have been in the health care field for over 20 years and I was appalled at the things I witnessed during my time there! The field staff were, for the most part, wonderful, although there were many that never should have kept their jobs! When you just begin to feel like part of the team, the rug is pulled out from under you! Again, major favoritism and if you are not an butt kisser, you won’t last here! I was fond of most of my co-workers, but management? Forget it! I have been in a supervisory position before, and I have never witnessed such shoddy management! Run away as fast as you can!!
Pros
Not enough to be worth the problems!
Cons
Too many to list!
fun work place,poor managment
HEALTH CARE AIDE (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB3 January 2018
i ejoyed working for cbi there is allot of pros and cons .pros being i made allot of hours at first but then they start cutting your hours and when you do home to home they dont pay for you gas. the managment is poor no communication
Pros
safe work place, kind clients
Cons
no communication, last min booking, double booking
Good management, flexible schedules, fun atmosphere
Community Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB3 January 2018
Currently working part-time, so I am not sure about benefits. Schedule is flexible, Team leaders do not micromanage, so you are on your own. Good atmosphere when we all meet.

I do know, however, that there is a high turnover for Team leader position (a supervisory role); one must assume something is not great there.

Normally, our schedule is stable, but they accomodate your needs, and always follow what the client wants. As for the client itself, the approach is always do what they wish to do: the point is to give them as much indepence as possible. Few coworkers drive the clients; most of the time you take transit with them (CBI does reimburse you for transit).

If you need training, they provide with it, and it's paid at the same rate as work.
Pros
Flexibility, paid training
Cons
Sometimes short notice about new clients
discrimination all over the place unethical
Intake Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB2 January 2018
Hostile environment especially if you are new They easily discriminate people based on looks. Other race will be easily targeted for being non-Native English speakers and be made fun of. Regional Coordinators especially the old ones are vile and will make every move to get people fired. They don't care.
Pros
Cons
co workers will demean and demoralize you whatever it takes
work place
Health Care Aide (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 December 2017
Job like hour based but different timing
(Example 1 client 9.00 to 10.00, next one 12.00 to 13.00, next one 15.00 to 16.00).
I got good experience
I think management is good
They will burn you out fast
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB1 December 2017
They do an excellent job of selling themselves to potential employees because they have such a high turnover and need so many people. They are also growing very fast and because they are private company in arena that is usually non-profit you will soon see that to make a profit they need quantity. Quality is not an issue when the customers cannot complain. You start with such high hopes. After a bit you realize all is not as promised or hoped for. Your new full time job is now just a promise of full time hours but you don't have a specific shift or position guarantee of any sort. No sick days. There is a feeling of being highly disposable. If you have a pulse and clear background checks you can have a job. The work is the hardest in the field for the same money everyone else is offering. If you are lucky you may work in a house sometimes with a good team leader who can make work a little more pleasant. They shift blame down on us low wage, untrained and under supervised people when it is their leadership and profit taking that is the problem. Everyone around me looks for other job and so do I.
Pros
health plan if you qualify
Cons
just about everything else
worst employeer
Home Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB23 November 2017
They set you up for failure. The wage is pathetic. expected to work in unsafe, unsanitary work environment ex. bed bugs, mice infestations, roaches. Paycheck NEVER adds up.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CBI Home Health. Our community is ready to answer.