CBI Home Health Employee Reviews

Abusive Workplace
Office Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB18 March 2019
In all of my time at CBI, I've learned that almost every manager and supervisor is abusive to their staff. I have friends that are being bullied and harassed either by their manager, or by others in their departments and the manager does nothing about it.

I have good knowledge of employment laws and know that many of my coworkers need to talk to a lawyer.

Also, if anyone who works at CBI is reading this, we all have a legal responsibility to report this abuse.

If you're thinking about working here, think again. Unless you want to suffer and get some money out of it by suing. I personally don't think its worth it.
Pros
There are some good people working here and we need to get out
Personell Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON18 March 2019
not completing this part of this review. one person is not qualified to compare anothers
work experiences. whats one does is not comparible to another
Pros
not completing
Cons
not completing
rude, non communicative, coordinators: no listening skills
homemaker (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC17 March 2019
On my first day to have a schedule created for me there was nothing but confusion and one-sided conversations with 5 different staff members who did not seem to be communicating with each other about what I needed in my schedule. It became even more confusing and accusatory when they said I failed to show up at job they said I had agreed to. This was absolutely not true and I had the proof of that. Nevertheless, I was told I was in the wrong even though I never received the information when they said I did. I was not happy about the 'blame' game that seemed to be happening. I told the person who had hired me what happened and once again justifications and excuses were made for their part. In the end this person said, firmly, "We will get back to you.", I never heard from them again, and I saw no offers on the Portal. No one got back to me and I felt insulted for standing up for myself in the face of their presumed authority and right to treat a new employee this way. I never worked one shift. When I told a friend who works for the same company but elsewhere in the Province, she said, 'Oh, yeah, its always like that'. I'm glad I'm not working at a place like that.
Pros
Cons
no listening skills, no communication between staff.
Nice visiting with clients while working. They are very wise.
Health Care Aide (Current Employee) –  Red Deer, AB12 March 2019
I really enjoy working with the clients. So like working with the elderly.
CBI Home Health not so much. Started under $17.00 per hour. It,s been over 14 months of dedicated work/ service I have given CBI Home Health. Was told at my 1 year review, I would not see any raise in pay for 2 years!
So not ok. Plus they did not state anything like this when I was hired on with CBI Home Health.
Pros
love working with the elderly clients.
Cons
No care for the HCA staff, not raise in pay for 2 years. Then It, s still anyone, s guess!
Cbi
Health Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB11 March 2019
This is horrible company for HomeCare. They truly don’t care about you. You’re just a number on your employee badge!
When your first hired you’ll start out with a lot of hours then before you know it you’ll have none. The manager and supervisors are just a bunch of bullies.
Also you work 12 days on and 2 days off which is your every other weekend off.
Pros
Wonderful clients
Cons
Poor Communication. Low wage. No balance life. Poor managers .
Horrible Horrible place.
Middle Management (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC7 March 2019
Upper management does not care about how their employees are doing and pile on so much work that one person is not able handle it because there is physically no way to complete it. But if you say something about the work load be prepared to be reprimanded. there is zero work life balance as you are constantly expected to be on call and available however the compensation for that is minimal...and you have to fight to get paid for it. Office politics, nothing is actually confidential.
Pros
Benefits package was pretty good.
Cons
Everything else.
Never ever join cbi
Health Care Aide (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB5 March 2019
They don't care about clients or caregivers. Give you 5 clients all in the same 2 hours. You dont get to care for them properly cause your always driving to the next client. So much stress and no support from office. Horrible place.
Pros
Clients are great
Cons
Everything else
Lack of organization
PSW (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, ON4 March 2019
Lack of organization, lie to clients, no consideration for work/life balance. Salary isn't adequate with miles required to drive to clients homes. Required training was not asked to be finished before starting this position. Over all this place is a mess.
Cons
This is the most pathetic company I’ve ever worked for
Health Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB21 February 2019
I have never worked for such an unorganized company in my life, they don’t tell you when they add clients they just do it, they don’t follow up with documentation for like 2 months later and you keep on reporting the same situations and they do it when they have time but then when you call the office they are always busy, as fast as they hire someone they quit, the clients would always complain about ASHLEY and TRISH I don’t know how they ever got the positions they have because both are terrible at it and very unprofessional, save yourself the headache, this job is very stressful, this company is very stressful, I will miss my dear friends, my clients, I will never work for ANY CBI HOME HEALTH EVER AGAIN. They don’t even deserve a star this company is that bad
Pros
Clients are beautiful people with a heart of gold
Cons
Unorganized company
Awful Experience in Human Resources
Human Resource Professional (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB20 February 2019
The Alberta HR Department has a great team of people. Also, most lower level office staff are friendly and good to collaborate with.
HOWEVER
Management abuses power. They target one individual at a time so this person feels even more ostracized. I witnessed it happen to FIVE of my colleagues, who were eventually pushed so far that they quit. Then it finally happened to me. In the last few months of my employment with CBI, I cried at work on average twice a week.
If you think this is a good place to gain experience, think again. While I did gain valuable experience, I am turned off of HR as a career. I know this is not rational, but I've lost almost all interest in it and am looking for a change.
When I finally moved on from CBI, I felt so relieved.
Pros
Good people in lower level positions
Cons
Abuse of power
Alarming Practices
LPN (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB15 February 2019
In all my years of nursing I've never seen such alarming practices. I've seen nurses with this home care company not sterilizing properly. Not washing properly. Not following best practice during wound care. It might not be everyone doing this, but the fact that there's no oversight is appalling. Who is looking out for their clients? Since this seems to be the culture here, I would stay away. I'm regretting coming on already. Not only that, but home care with CBI is killing my car. Just awful.
Cons
No oversight
This place is going down the toilet
Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB15 February 2019
All the best people are leaving or have left. I'm so glad I got out when I did. Office culture is oh so toxic and I hear it's getting worse. People were always talking about who will be let go to the point where it was hard to actually work. Save yourself the stress. Do NOT work here.
Pros
A few really good people in the office
Cons
Management, alot of people in the office, field staff are treated poorly, culture of fear
Too much driving
Health Care Aide (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 February 2019
They don't pay kms and driving is the whole job. I see one client for 10 minutes and then drive for 15. Then I have a hour gap in my schedule. Then I see another client and then I have to drive far to get back home. No one in the office cares. It's so hard for me and everyone else tells me the same thing. They never told us it would be this much driving.
Cons
No one cares
Very difficult company to work for
Health care aide (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB12 February 2019
A workplace that is so toxic, even my clients could see it. They would complain all the time about CBI. They could see that all this company cares about is money. But wages are lowest I've ever had as a health care aid. Greedy company. Don't work here unless you have no other choice.
Pros
The clients are lovely
Cons
Everything else
Worst place to work.
Scheduling Supervisor and Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB11 February 2019
They do not care about there clients or staff. Management has been there too long and plays favorites. If you are not on that list work life a CBI is the worst. The CEO was sleeping with the staff. Just a big gong show there.
Pros
No pros
Cons
Too many cons to list
Communication and conflict management skills were instilled in me.
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB8 February 2019
I learnt to work with different people ad tolerate different opinions. A typical day at work was to read over all communication books to know what happened before you arrive and prep yourself towards what to expect ad how to handle it.
Pros
Favourable work hours.
Cons
Management were slow in giving feedback.
horrible place
CMHW (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC4 February 2019
high-end work politics. No reliability or credibility. Very unprofessional management. I regret ever joining this company. They hired me when they needed me the most and I had to ask them to make changes in my contract because there were questionable things in it. After 2 months, the director called me in her office after I spent a whole day out with a client and just before I was about to have my lunch and terminated me right away saying" I don't have to give you any reason".
No discussions, no reasoning, nothing, no prior warning or notices. Just terminated and because I was still on probation, it was so easy not to mention any reason. :(
Cons
unprofessional, unethical
poor management
Administrative Assistant / Scheduling Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB28 January 2019
no work/life balance and management team is poor. The work timing doesn't fit in my new schedule. the management team is quick to blame you for mistakes. They do not care about your mental health.
productive and difficult place to work
Residential aide (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB15 January 2019
cBI is a tough place place to work, you need lots of patient and torelance, you also need to be an introvert and like talking, overal is not a very profitable place to work unless you really like driving.
I wouldn't recommend it.. i stayed for my clients not the company ever
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON12 January 2019
the only enjoyable thing about working for this horribly unorganized understaffed and terribly run company is the same that's amazing in every personal support worker job your clients honestly I stayed many years to long because I had many clients for many years. they make it hard to leave cause you want to always be there for the families and clients that you have become so close to over many years of service. I should have left many years ago the company is not the greatest place to work all together they are always having to replace office staff due to the lack of ability to hire people capable of doing their job properly in the first place then their lack of knowledge then comes back on the feild staff . feild staff are also not treated with the same equality as office staff what so ever even to the point we have different holidays its ridiculous, they are also so far behind when it comes to how staff logs in and out as they jus started going mobile only weeks ago.
Pros
Cons
they do not care nor give gratitude for anything done by staff

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CBI Home Health. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5