CBI Health Group

CBI Health Group Employee Reviews for Support Worker

Support Worker68 reviews
Canada68 reviews
Do not provide supports to help the youth move forward and staff. If you get injured, which is very likely, you will not have enough time off to fully heal. If you do get hired do not give ideas on what you think could be beneficial there will be major repercussions From management instead follow everything they say.
Pros
They are very accommodating when you need time off/ change your schedule
Clients and staffs have a good working relationship.
Management and scheduling are perfect,they work with your availability.

Fun place to be,no hassles.

Understand the job and you have no problem.
Regular visits last between 30 minutes-1 hour
Respite visits last from 1-8 hr

Office can sometimes be hard to get a hold of

Good place if you want to work one on one with your clients
Nice ❤️ it's a good place to work flexible hours. It's gives me time for my children. The supervisor and manager are good people. They are listened to your complain and make sure it's solved so you can be happy and all their clients are nice 👍
This is the worst company I have ever worked for. I love the work and my co-workers very much, but the organization itself is evil. They continually pay you less on your pay stub than you are owed, try to guilt you into working 16 hour shifts, and refuse to give anyone rotations because then they would have to pay benefits. Additionally, because they are a for-profit care group, they often barely provide the basic needs to clients while lining their pockets at the top. I have personally seen many workers pay for items for clients out of pocket so that they don't go without. Finally, when their negligence catches up with them, they always blame employees for their lack of oversight.
Pros
very empathetic co-workers
Cons
evil company
Some days there is little to no clients and others they pack you back to back. They rarely offer you full time work so you don't get benefits, Psws who have been there longer get overtime while others struggle for hours! Clients are awesome except the odd few who take advantage of the company and turn on you and help get you fired!
i enjoy working in a homecare settings but sometimes driving is a problem specially on a bad weather.
my problem with cbi is im not getting enough hours.
while working at CBI that's where I decide to go into the healthcare field because of the clients I worked for complained about there healthcare aides so I wanted to become one
Pros
work independent
Cons
not great for communication
At first the company was great to work for, but then everything started changing hands in upper management and the respect and care for the employees greatly went out the door. There were Male employees that had multiple issues as well as warning but nothing was done as he would bend over backwards for management any time he got in trouble.
Some Team Leaders don't deserve to be one. Complaints were not addressed because of internal connections. Some clients were unsafe to look after because of criminal records and current use of prohibited drugs.
The management is extremely concerned about the welfare of their clients and usually empathize with them at all times. There is room for growth for everyone.
Working with CBI has taught me a lot about caring for people and working in the Canadian workplace. I have also improved in my teamwork skills.They also good a good level of management that actually care and look out for their staff.
The coordinators never call you or the client. We care was better Managed. i agree we care was better. Better coordinators. always fun to go in the office. Now you need an appointment to see someone so stupid.
Pros
not lunch breaks.
Cons
no sick pay or paid holidays. cheap company.
This company screwed me out of over 1000$ dollars, inconsistent managers, it was an absolute horrible place to work overall... would not recommend to anyone.
Wonderful people to work with.
Management is caring and understanding.

A workplace that you look forward to going.

Great work environment that encourages skills improvement
management made very questionable calls consistently and didnt really care about staff. its a good place for experience and if you have a good crew, then the shift will be enjoyable.
love the job love to help people
in the field i knew i would love it because it is my field to work in .the hardest part of job was when a client had passed away. the most enjoyable part of the job was to see all my clients smile . lets me know that they like me as a support worker.
It’s a great place to gain some valuable experience in the field. But you have to be willing to work afternoons and weekends. The company is very accommodating if time off is needed.
I would rate the company well to work for. I personally do not like to new phone for work schedules. otherwise, a great place to work and good people to be around.
The company seems amazing in the interview. They make it sound like you will be making some amazing difference in the lives of those with intellectual abilities. They offer the chance at free training session in courses such as NVCI. However they mostly take on difficult clients that are no longer accepted anywhere else. This also seems like it would be an amazing thing but they do not properly prepare employees for what they will be getting involved in. There was 2 days of training prior to starting the job that consisted mostly of the company values, dress code, and that you may be exposed to some diseases. After my first few shifts of essentially watching a often violent client within their home, we were told that we were not properly completing paperwork that we were never told that we had to, or how to, complete. The client was often violent and in the previous home staff had a safe room that they could go to if needed. Staff were put into the home with little training on how to interact with the client and the only safe place was to leave the house entirely if he got to violent. The on call nurses would stop answering calls to to provide sedative medication when the client became to much of a danger to themselves and staff, leaving staff with no support. There is high turnover as staff are injured or leaving violent houses and only able to pick up limited hours. The free training sessions they said would be offered happen maybe once a year with limited spaces in each class. Does not feel like even the management makes an effort to uphold their values that they spend 2 - more...
I was able to have a full time job, however, it was not compatible with my life at the time, and they did not give me weekends off. This made life for me tough.