CBI Health Group

CBI Health Group Employee Reviews for Licensed Practical Nurse

Licensed Practical Nurse13 reviews
Canada13 reviews
Started off great. Did not turn into something that I was expecting. Hours can be very long and it can be very stressful. Plenty of back and forth driving.
This company is a sucking pit of despair, corruption. Management is the worst. They underpay ALL employees terribly bad. DO NOT work for CBI in Lethbridge, Alberta or anywhere else. If I could give it 0 stars out of 5 I would. Awful.
Pros
Cons
Management, wage, hours, company policy and procedures
Pros-Great team of nurses to work with
Cons-The company is usually short on workers and it affects client care. Management needs to put in a bit more effort but otherwise a great experience.
This is, unironically, the worst home care organization imaginable. Possibly the worst company in Canada
You will be underpaid.

You will have a volatile schedule.

You will be treated like excrement.

You will never get benefits, even with a 40hr work week.

You will not receive a raise or a promotion.

There is no oversight.

This is the ultimate dead end job.

You are better off working at McDonalds.
I've recently done my mentoring shifts as an LPN, and I can't believe what I've seen. There is no sterilization of equipment, no regard for client safety at all. I can't believe that this is what CBI is like. I heard bad things about this company, but I didn't believe the stories. Now I do. Stay far away if you value keeping your license.
Pros
I can't think of anything after what I've seen
Cons
In all my years of nursing I've never seen such alarming practices. I've seen nurses with this home care company not sterilizing properly. Not washing properly. Not following best practice during wound care. It might not be everyone doing this, but the fact that there's no oversight is appalling. Who is looking out for their clients? Since this seems to be the culture here, I would stay away. I'm regretting coming on already. Not only that, but home care with CBI is killing my car. Just awful.
Cons
No oversight
Management is the worst, the unorganized manner in which the company is run is insane. An absolute joke of a company. They significantly underpay their staff. Especially LPNS. Steer clear y’all. There is so much better out there!!
Pros
Cons
Underpays, terrible management.
The office environment is absolutely deplorable. The field staff is treated poorly. Management has no heart. The company has 4 core values and not one manager follows it. No compassion for anything. I do not recommend working there even for the experience, you will not be supported.
Pros
The odd staff member may be ok
Cons
everything else
Nurses are paid $24.65 hour regardless of experience. You are required to use your own vehicle and are compensated $2.50 per client, roughly 2 clients per hour.

Last year I put 5,000 km on my vehicle driving around in snow and ice. Wear and tear on your vehicle is not taken into account... in essence they are paying you $5 an hour for the use of your vehicle AND underpaying you for a skilled service.

Your "supervisor" books you when you ask not to be booked, then calls you and when you miss the appointment. Appointments just "show up" on your phone without any notice or phone call asking you to take shifts....

Unprofessional poorly run low pay job. Nurses are taken advantage of.

Stay away.
Pros
Cons
Unprofessional poorly run low pay job.
It is good to work just after graduating, after that make sure you work hard in looking for a better job. One minute you have good hours, the next minute you have nothing. There is just too much favoritism, they give hours to people they favor.
I worked there for a few months before I had to quit. It was so stressful. Your availability was never listened too. Constantly being double booked for clients and scheduales were constantly changing! Sometimes I had to drive 25 or more minutes in between clients with back to back bookings. Other times my schedual was so open with one client at say 0800 and nothing till 0930 or 1000. One week I would be run off my feet with so many clients. The next I would have hardly any clients. Wage is horrible! No mileage either. And getting through to the office is a nightmare. Getting someone to return your calls is nothing short of a mirical. I had so many clients tell me how unhappy they are with the company and some actuallycancelled and decided to pay out of pocket for a private lpn because they could not rely on Cbi. Getting time off is also a crapshoot with no time off ever guaranteed.
Pros
I used lots of skills
Cons
Everything I mentioned above
Horrible company to work for! The pay is less, no enough hours, they want you to sacrifice your life for them. They will change ur schedule without notice. I wouldnt recommend a client to this company. The clients are unhappy like their staff.
Pros
Clients
Cons
Everything about this company is horrible.
a place where everyone gets hired,Need to support their nurses on the field by providing supervisors on call with knowledge in health care.needs a lot of improvement.