CBI Health Group

CBI Health Group Employee Reviews for Home Care Aide

Home Care Aide21 reviews
Canada21 reviews
I went college for HCA and theyre advertising says minimum pay rate is 19 for HCAs, just to find out after working for this company HCA home care i got paid 16, tear and wear on my car, they dont pay you gasoline or milage, i got to the point where i was becoming broke, my schedule was really low hours, so i quit the most dpressing job ever, the clients always complaining about this company. Save time and go find a job at a nursing home
I've worked at CBI multiple times in different capacities and the experience depends largely on who management is at the time. I'll limit this review to the last year as a Health Care Aide. Supervisor, scheduler, receptionist, everyone I had frequent contact with was helpful, friendly and professional. They always did their best to be reasonable and accommodating.
Pros
Good Culture
Cons
Pay could be better
good place to work, flexible hrs, good benefits, cooperative management, good pay, I have learned so many things, like how to operate technical lifts,
This company is very unethical in how it treats it's H C A',s. Workers are taken advantage of. Hours are promised but never received while the company continues to hire more staff. Scheduling coordinators are unorganized and make promises they don't keep. Numerous clients are scheduled to be seen at the same time. Workers are blamed when they are not able to manage these multiple overbookings. Nursing supervisors have poor people skills, lack diplomacy and have large egos. This company treats you like you are disposable.
Hardest time is driving
They treat us well

I learned a lot of experience I’m willing to learn more.

I enjoying deal with the old people. Thank you

Company did give a benefit right away you have more months And hours
I've been with this company full time with 40 to 50 hours every week since April, I have signed on for my benefits since day one it is now January and still have yet to see my benifits after asking repeatedly and getting told they would look in to it, too don't get over time pay unless its convenient for them, if you work and overnight stat day you only get paid for the hours in that day you work not the whole shift
Company expects way too much from its employees for very little in return. Low wages for way too much stress. Employees are treated very poorly and always made to feel guilty when taking days off for personal or sick days. No paid sick time, hard to achieve benefits.
Cons
Low Pay
If your not available to pick up every single shift that comes up you will make no money. Management only cares about making money. Has no respect for front line staff. I used to love working for this company. I quit as they changed everything and no one could give a consistent answer. Every person in management had a different story. They do not do anything to caregivers that are unprofessional and that dont do their job. High staff turn over right. Save your energy and go somewhere else.
Cons
Inconsistent hours, bad management, favortism
Work is ok but the only thing is that no continuity of time there are some lapses and periods of long waiting for the next client wasting time and gas and no security of how much hours will you be able to work for a certain period of time.
Pros
Not heavy work
Cons
wasted time
HCA's are paid under minimum wage and do not get any gas expense for their vehicles. Are expected to drive all over the city and see as many clients as possible on $8 an hour. I don't know how they are allowed to get away with paying us under minimum wage. It is against provincial and labor laws. This company is extremely dishonest and employees never get the truth. If you want to feel like you don't matter, like you deserve to be treated like a slave, this is where you should work. Health Care aides do more work for this company than any other position and we get paid the least and we are treated like absolute scum.
So you go school for 5 months to become a health care aide, you paid 8k for that course to make 19 an hour in the market gap, then you get a job at cbi where you have to drive your own car and pay your own gas making 16 an hour with min wage at 15 in Alberta, then your car will need maintenance and then you will find out that youre not even, you cant repay your student loan nor make a living out this awful company, when they charge AHS for the clients and pay you a nut, so dont waste your time here and turn around.
Pros
No boss around
Cons
Pay your gas, no benefits, awful hr rate less than the market
This company will flat out pretend to your face that you are part of the team then turn around and talk about you behind your back. These are the people they have in charge. In all my years of service I have never come across such a nasty environment. If they decide they personal don’t like you they will constantly attack you. They won’t even care how hard you work. As for the wonderful people we take care of the office staff/managers won’t even ask how they are. It’s all about the numbers to them.
Pros
Absolutely nothing
Cons
Just to make you all aware this company is now hiding on Indeed by calling themselves by other names. All postings will lead to the same site. That should tell you all how bad it is there that they are not even proud enough about calling themselves by their actual name. CBI stands for Canadian Back Institute. No matter what name they chose to call themselves they are still the worst run company and don't care about their staff.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
So little pay for high liability. Book you when ever they want then guilt trip you. No pay for driving. Making a dollar more than working at mcdonalds no shift differential. I make more at mcdonalds
Cons
they have program like under the wrha wherein they are supplying home care attendant needs to go house to house to clients. pays just the hour visited the client. mileage not paid. very nonesense company. dont apply here.
Pros
free phones
Cons
it has gps. they keep track of you. creeps
Working with CBI home health has been wonderful. This is a job you have to love what you are doing to thrive in. If your just in it for the money the clients will know by the way you act. The hours can change on a dime as it is client based. The schedulers work hard to give everyone as many hours as they need or want.
Currently CBI Home health just went through a merger with WE Care and are going through a lot of administrative changes as well changes in the field dealing with paperwork and documentation. If you stay in communication with supervisors and clinical staff this job will be amazing.
Pros
Great benefits, knowledge & open door management, room to grow
Cons
hours can fluctuate due to amount of clients
I worked with this company before it became CBI, and it was great up until about 5 years ago when everything started changing. in the last 5 years, there has been an amazing turn over in staff, both field and office. This is because management is AWEFUL and the latest management is worse to date. Coordination is terrible, the office vibe itself is horrific. Its like high school full of girls. They talk about field staff behind there back but very nice to your face, they get off the phone with staff or clients and talk about the conversation, rolling their eyes and nothing ever gets done with complaints. You never call in sick, because they will make you feel like you are a horrible person for doing so even though you are working with people that are elderly and prone to bugs, you are also told to phone in sick if you are. So the mind games are unreal. Coordination will change your schedule on you without notice and blame you for not knowing. There is no accountability for the office staff at all. Once you reach 16.85 in pay you will not get a raise. You used to make extra money to go out of town however, they pulled that and replaced it with a 150.00 supplement every 2 weeks. I used to put that in gas in my car every week. You can no longer bank vacation pay in order to have a vacation, it is paid out on every cheque now. They stopped years ago giving staff CPR training, which is pretty vital when your working alone with people that had disabilities.
There is not enough I can say bad about this company and reading the reviews, apparently its a horrible company across Canada.
 - more...
Pros
the clients and working alone
Cons
everything else sucks
No life work balance, married to the job, didn't matter if you were sick
the support was not there

the pay was pathetic

no mileage paid, housekeeping is higher rate of pay

considering we are caring for human beings I find it very troubling to say the least
Pros
Cons
Married to the job
CBI its a good place to work .since i started working for this company i have not any probleme with the staff even my co-workers
Cons
i give client medication and take vitals, do lite house keeping, wound dressing, shower. the job is easy after working for so long.
Cons
7 hours
Visit , serve clients is one typical day .Human nature is great. To have the same clients. Sometimes i see my co-workers . In the deep snow is harder . Smile of the clients -is the most enjoyable part.