CBI Health Group

CBI Health Group Employee Reviews for Health Care Aide

Health Care Aide59 reviews
Canada59 reviews
Hours are not guaranteed as all other home health companies but pay is very low. We didnt get any raise even in this corona period. No body listens to employees.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Not enough hours
Management is horrible and doesn’t care about anything but making money. Us healthcare aides the nurses are treated like garbage. The office staff gets blamed for everything and always seem stressed outs We are all replaceable if we don’t work harder then is possible. The manager is a flake and should have never been hired. I think she is a nurse even which is scary because she doesn’t care about anyone. This is the worst company to work for just read the reviews .
Pros
Cons
Low pay, horrible management, no appreciation, unhappy clients
Bad
Don’t get stuck with them. You will never get enough hours unless you are in the favourites list. They will say we have lots of hours for you but thats a lie
I worked for CBI for 2 years. I loved the work itself and the rewarding experience of helping the clients. They pay is not enough and you can probably make more working at Tim Hortons. The management is not good either and will not answer your calls and then get into trouble for not talking to management. The scheduling for HCA to client is not efficient and you have to work hard to let management give you a schedule that is good for the client and the HCA. They also are not considerate of how far apart each client is and will give you a ridiculous and impossible schedule and double book you if you do not stand up for yourself. I feel that if the management and salary is improved, then CBI would be a good place to work at.
Pros
job security, lots of clients, some flexibility
Cons
bad management, low pay, bad communication
CBI is among the largest in Canada and prepares you to be part of a health-care team in a variety of different settings, providing frontline care to clients in need of assistance.
Definitely worth looking for a career with them.A great place to work.Great experience. Love working there.Job culture really good.l highly recommend it
I learned that the time is very important.
the management great.

the hard part of the job is a task.

the most enjoyable part of the job when client say thank you.
When i came in Winnipeg this was the first place where i started my job after completing my advanced healthcare diploma. They provide training regarding every task.
I applied the job to CBI home health from my school's career fair. I fund this job was easy to apply and easy to get a job in CBI home health. The company has orientation with every new employees. They help you to review everything that you learn from school. I very like this way for the company. You can study the skills and responsibilities for the job training. Also, you can learn from team members. The job hour is flexible and the company's management is excellent. I am sure that I learned a lot from this company. I recommend others work with CBI home health.
This company bought out a previous employer and reduced the hours of those employed so that most previous employees had to seek employment elsewhere. New employees were hired at a lower rate.
Pros
work experience
Cons
unfavourable employer
CBI has good trainings for the staffs. There’s a lot of schedules available, you just have to email or call to get one. I’m just available on some days to work overnights. When I ask them to give me client/s on my availability they will find me one.
great working with them very friendly and accomodating all the staff. i recomend CBI is really a great place to work. You wont regret if you try to work with them.
This being my first job out of school, i find that their lodges were great. But there was no CBI LPN/RN on site which was the first red flag. Also took very long to delegate me on using certain equipment because they had to get an RN to come to the lodge to teach me how to use it, which took about a month and a half.
Good scheduler so far.they are trying to help workers having enough hours..will recommend for newly graduate.scheduler are easily to get along with ..
Get to work in clients homes, get to meet their families, loved ones and friends, interact with them, Really get to know them. I learn something new everyday on the job.
I love CBI but the only thing is they don't have enough hours for overnight shifts. Pay is in the lower end compare to other companies. Overall they are a good company.
I don’t suggest anyone to work with CBI unless you are really desperate for money. You will find yourself mush worse than working in McDonald or WAlmart.
I've been working for CBI since June 2019. I would have to say this is the worst company to work for. Head office doesnt wanna hear any staff in the field when they call in. Orientation talks about documentation yet no proper documents in clients homes, after calling in for weeks to let H.O. know. Call into the nurses at head office and they dont wanna deal with anything going on, pass it on to who ever else will wanna deal with it. This company is a law suit waiting to happen. Not a good place to work at all.
CBI Home Health is now under union and has changed its management style but has lots of potential and is here to remain for the foreseeable future. I still feel strong attachment to the company
Pros
free coffee and hot chocolate
Cons
we have a unresponsive union
I don't recommend anyone to work in this company. They are very disrespectful towards the employe especially the receptionist who is at the front disk she always mad and answers questions with disrespect. They claim they have more hours but not. They only call when they needed someone to fill out their one hour or half an hour job. Otherwise, they don't even recognize they hired you. They pay cheap and they want you to see four to five clients at the same time they don't put consideration the travelling time from one client to the other client.
Pros: It's such a great opportunity to learn about people, their cultures, and diversity in needs for all types of WBC clients. The staff is wonderful, very friendly and accommodating to your needs. If you aren't happy, ask for change and they will do their best to help you. They are typically short on staff so there is no shortage of hours. If you like driving, ask for opportunities to visit clients outside of Calgary - you will get $0.48/km.Very good company values as emphasized in training.

Cons: $17 an hour ($2 more than min wage), drive from house to house with no pay for milage/time while within Calgary. Drive times from client to client vary from 15mins to 1hour in my experience. Work in an unsupervised environment poses a risk to your safety while with clients. Sometimes I felt like I was doing the work of a maid more so than assisting with the clients' needs while they are injured.
Pros
Gain life experience, lovely people, accommodating.
Cons
Low pay, lots of driving, light house cleaning/meal prep.