CBI Health Group

CBI Health Group Employee Reviews for Administrative Assistant

Administrative Assistant38 reviews
Canada38 reviews
Pay is not the greatest, can advance. Employees are awesome. Is a great place to work to start out your career in whichever field you are looking to advance in.
Coworkers and management were fantastic to work with. Corporate is really out of touch with the main work force. Way underpaid for the work they expect.
Where I worked it was toxic. Staff could not get along. New employees advanced quickly if you were to managements liking and said yes. Don’t listen to seasoned employees.
Encouraging working environment with lots of opportunity for advancement. Amazing staff. Can get a bit stressful when dealing with the public but you have the back up if necessary.
enjoying my work at CBI. very supportive and encouraging.team with lot of guidance and training. When and wherever you need any help the team is there with all [possible answers.Learning environment with good quality standards.
After my interview I was told to come in for a walk in trial to see how I fit in. I was told a different time then what they had expected of me to drop in. The work place is very clingy. I felt bullied and the training was terrible. I have been to many physiotherapists and RMT's, most who started off at CBI, and they also had said how terrible the work environment and pay is.
I received terrible training a month after hire and no accountability by management. The clinic administrator was no help, the staff were unfriendly, and by the end of the process I was let go for "not taking enough initiative" to train myself. The stress and lack of clarity in the position was not worth the $16/an hour. I would not recommend working for this company.
Upper management is very understanding. Collaboration, communication and team work skills are an asset for this position. Great office staff and it's fun working with them!
The roles themselves within the company are good; the duties and responsibilities of the roles are clear and training is adequate (for most departments). Compensation and benefits as well as vacation policy are decent and competitive. Majority of employees are friendly, approachable and hard-working.
Unfortunately, upper management is questionable - tend to be unprofessional and hold double-standards. The turnover rate (with most departments but mainly admin. staff) is very high - they often let people go without cause and without notice. There is a very cliquey environment at head office: if you do not 'fit in' by their standards (appearance even if it complies with dress code, life experience) it is considered more important than your work ethic and will be held against you.

I would not recommend working for this company.
It was impossible to do my job as the managers would harrass and create a toxic environment where everyone was so scared for their jobs. It was hard to focus on actual work. I personally developed an anxiety disorder. Please save yourself from this horrible work environment. You deserve better!
They make promises they never intend to keep. When your 6 month review comes up and you worked hard to get that incentive they ask you to show what you did for the company. They want you to go above and beyond for nothing in return. Other issues with management in regards to discrimination as well. Would never recommend to anyone.
Pros
Health benefit
Cons
Everything else especially management
Very good company to work for, very accommodating when it comes to hours. A really good work life balance, and flexibility to work from home. Able to learn a little bit about everything, and always learning and growing.
Everyone is trying to get out of this toxic work culture. Most of my coworkers are checking Indeed for other jobs everyday. It's bad for the field staff who are paid nothing to care for vulnerable people. It might be even worse for office staff. We're constantly insulted by our managers who play favorites and treat us all like children. I would not recommend. As soon as I get another job, it will be the happiest day of my life!
Pros
The people on my team are great and we support each other.
Cons
Everything else.
HUGE TURNOVER. Admin staff are over worked and underpaid. This company does not give raises or care about their employee's mental health. There is no training and overwhelming workloads.
Admin staff are the back bone of the company but get treated as if they are below everyone else by management. Mental breakdowns and working until exhaustion is the norm.

Do not work here unless you are desperate!
Pros
Work benefits
Cons
Staff constantly quitting, no training, no work/life/balance, inequality
This was the worst company to work for! Staff is under appreciated, over worked and under paid. Management is useless and only cares about numbers, not their employees. Training is minimal and for the amount of work you are expected to do, it’s a very stressful environment. The only good thing is the benefits. If I could give less than 1 star, I would!
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Management sucks, pay is awful, greedy corporate culture, staff is not treated well
Employees are not valued. Company will do anything to make money. Message from managers is that everyone is replaceable. No leadership or support from management. Admin staff are treated like lower class. More and more work is piled on employees with no raises or incentives. Training is non existant. Incredibly high staff turn over. CBI is a training facility. They hire new grads who stay approximately a year and then move on to their forever jobs with more pay and less work. Do not work here. Save yourself the stress and burden to your mental health!
Pros
Sometimes you are treated to coffee/tea or lunch, team mates are great
Cons
Work load, stress, always work late with no pay
Unpaid! You can get this pay working somewhere else with less responsibility. There's no life balance. This company does not care about their employees. Do not apply.
Currently working at CBI, this company does not give proper training and just throws you in the mix. Pay is way below most companies for more work and extra responsibilities. There are to many people with their hand in the mix and when an issue comes up everyone (so called management) just passes the buck. Not recommended for a place of employment.
Pros
Full benefit for full time employmemt
Cons
Continuous addition of responsibilities with no additional pay
This company is the worst company I have ever worked for. Terrible leadership, poor organization, no idea what they are doing. Management especially are the worst leaders!! The staff turn over is very HIGH! You work like a slave, no breaks and never will be acknowledged or appreciated!
They are all about the mighty dollar and do not care about the staff.
Pros
Cons
Expected long hours, no acknowledgement, nothing to motivate, no reward, rude pompus leadership, no support system
Management is not professional and hard to please. They expect the employee to do tasks beyond their job description without proper compensation. Inter-office bullying is prominent.
Cons
Clicky environment, low pay and poor management.
CBI Health Centre is a great company to work for and provides a welcoming environment for the employees and patients.Management is understanding and quite flexible.