CBI Health Group

CBI Health Group Employee Reviews in Hamilton, ON

Hamilton, ON26 reviews
Some days there is little to no clients and others they pack you back to back. They rarely offer you full time work so you don't get benefits, Psws who have been there longer get overtime while others struggle for hours! Clients are awesome except the odd few who take advantage of the company and turn on you and help get you fired!
CBI Company is a great company to work for. They work with you to get started with training, managers, and staff are always available to assist whenever, and however they can. I have had nothing but great experiences with co-workers and upper management. I would highly recommend working with CBI.
Pros
Collaborative and Supportive
Cons
N/a
i enjoy working in a homecare settings but sometimes driving is a problem specially on a bad weather.
my problem with cbi is im not getting enough hours.
Management is money hungry, unorganized, and ungrateful towards employees. Staff turnover is rampant and probably a result of management. The frontline staff are therapists who geniunely care, but are constantly pushed to make sales and hit targets at the expense of employee morale and optimal patient care. I'm ONLY grateful for the frontline staff I had the pleasure of working with
all other employees are great to work with
clients are good

schedule your own appointments around your life

in order to make good money (30,000) ayear need to work at least 6 days a week

have a room to do office and paper work .

all supplies provided

need a vehicle to do job properly
After a time spent with this company, BULL EFFEN ROAR. They dont Care in the Slightest about us. If you take a bus in the dead of winter, its NOT acceptable to say its way too cold to wait for the bus.If yousick they get effen mad at you because they dont have enough staff to cover you.
It was a good experience. Staff was cooperative except evening call taking staff. They sometimes behave rude and does not listen to the concerns especially Indian men in staff. Overall, I learnt a lot from this job. It was definitely a gaining experience.
Within a year of working with CBI, I was promoted twice. I have excellent colleagues and employees and my job is challenging, engaging and fulfilling.
love the job love to help people
in the field i knew i would love it because it is my field to work in .the hardest part of job was when a client had passed away. the most enjoyable part of the job was to see all my clients smile . lets me know that they like me as a support worker.
I was able to have a full time job, however, it was not compatible with my life at the time, and they did not give me weekends off. This made life for me tough.
I love working for this company and you are always getting more hours if you want them the clients are awesome and the hours are what you want to work
Nurses allowed to scream and yell and have tantrums in front of patients without discipline. Nurses without CNO licences. Nurses who do not maintain confidentiality. Nurses who take monetary tips from patients. Nurses with lack of hand hygiene. Management untrained, weak and with biases. One manager explained that HR could not discipline a nurse because they were afraid she would play “the black card”. Another manager defended the hysterical nurse by saying it was because she has mental illness. Not a safe work environment.
Pros
Schedule
Cons
not completing this part of this review. one person is not qualified to compare anothers
work experiences. whats one does is not comparible to another
Pros
not completing
Cons
not completing
the only enjoyable thing about working for this horribly unorganized understaffed and terribly run company is the same that's amazing in every personal support worker job your clients honestly I stayed many years to long because I had many clients for many years. they make it hard to leave cause you want to always be there for the families and clients that you have become so close to over many years of service. I should have left many years ago the company is not the greatest place to work all together they are always having to replace office staff due to the lack of ability to hire people capable of doing their job properly in the first place then their lack of knowledge then comes back on the feild staff . feild staff are also not treated with the same equality as office staff what so ever even to the point we have different holidays its ridiculous, they are also so far behind when it comes to how staff logs in and out as they jus started going mobile only weeks ago.
Pros
Cons
they do not care nor give gratitude for anything done by staff
Do Not work here. Disgusted with the hours , and the way the co ordinators speak to you. Especially during stat holidays. Like we dont know how it works. And like we dont know what. " time specific " means. For real??????? The msgs. We are left on the IVR. Can be Way to Long. And Irritating to listen to. Most of the time they just repeat the same msgs. Over and over again. Flexibility is. ZILCH, ON THEIR PART. And they keep adding on. Fill Ins. So you dont make the 30 hours a wk. You dont even have a chance to say yes or no. And are expwcted to work. 12 days in a row to get your every second weekend off. And therr is. ZERO. Work life balance. And they. DO NOT CARE......
Pros
Nothing. Not even so much as a stinkin raise. In. 5 YEARS
Cons
They treat you like a Child .
- Does not provide benefits
- flexible schedule

- good educational resources

- does not provide compensation for professional development

- welcomes feedback and committed to ongoing development to enhance works experience
Pros
Cons
no benefits and poor compensation
CEO is great however he trusts his Directors and V/P's to make decisions and they may not always be the best. Instead of hiring more managers, directors etc. The focus needs to be on the staff that keep things together.

CBI has grown too big and needs to step back and rethink as not all offices can keep up with changes due to staff leaving.
home care
attending to the needs of the elderly in their homes

helping with activities of daily living

light housekeeping provided with time remaining

I learned to be patient and compassionate

After the care given you feel good and content your clients is happy with the care

Hardest part is running out of time to fulfill all tasks in the home and with client.
Pros
work at your pace & take your breaks when you can
Cons
long distances between the homes of clients
Poorly Managed/ Staff not appreciated/negative atmosphere/no room to grow even though this was promised in interview/staff undervalued/expectations beyond possible
A typical day at work would be going from home yo home mostly working in the senior community. I learned how to fix problems on my own because normally you are on your own during a work shift.
Schedule your own client's
Very flexible with hours

Great people to work with

Deliver treatment to clients as set up by therapists

Document using paper charting

Email therapists when completed visits with clients

Send all documentation to therapist
Pros
flexible hours