CBI Health Group

CBI Health Group Employee Reviews

Nobody cares if you have an accident or you get a traffic ticket while on duty. The moment you are in any of these situations they careless about you.
Pros
I learnt a lot on the job. Some supervisors are good too
Cons
Very poor salary
Management is horrible and doesn’t care about anything but making money. Us healthcare aides the nurses are treated like garbage. The office staff gets blamed for everything and always seem stressed outs We are all replaceable if we don’t work harder then is possible. The manager is a flake and should have never been hired. I think she is a nurse even which is scary because she doesn’t care about anyone. This is the worst company to work for just read the reviews .
Pros
Cons
Low pay, horrible management, no appreciation, unhappy clients
Wonderful company and extremely wonderful staff and managers .
When I was going through a tremendously difficult time when losing my father the management was great . They went over and above to support me . Initially I left my job there due to personal issues but rest assured it had nothing to do with the company .
Pros
Amazing management
Cons
From when I got hired and to my training I loved everything the company stood for and sounded pretty easy as long as you pay attention to details and stay on top of everything. The job itself is not stressful but the management as absolutely horrible. The supervisors are horrible all of them, not a single one left out they push you to be proactive while they are extremely reactive. They will write you up for anything if you don’t kiss theira**.No coordination all based on favouritism not hard work. They will rather blame you for everything than take responsibility.
Pros
Pay as an entry level position
Cons
Bad management
I've worked at CBI multiple times in different capacities and the experience depends largely on who management is at the time. I'll limit this review to the last year as a Health Care Aide. Supervisor, scheduler, receptionist, everyone I had frequent contact with was helpful, friendly and professional. They always did their best to be reasonable and accommodating.
Pros
Good Culture
Cons
Pay could be better
Clients and staffs have a good working relationship.
Management and scheduling are perfect,they work with your availability.

Fun place to be,no hassles.

Understand the job and you have no problem.
Do not provide supports to help the youth move forward and staff. If you get injured, which is very likely, you will not have enough time off to fully heal. If you do get hired do not give ideas on what you think could be beneficial there will be major repercussions From management instead follow everything they say.
Pros
They are very accommodating when you need time off/ change your schedule
Manager untrustworthy, front desk is a gossip session
have overheard the office staff gossiping

overall, love the clients and my work but if offered something else I would leave.
Pros
clients
Cons
Office staff manager
They are un organized and harsh to there employees. Scheduling was always a mess and they have to many people making decisions without knowing what’s going on.
Pros
The clients
Cons
The management
A very collaborative group of individuals. Shared common goals are evident in making the clients a priority and all Office staff are very approachable. Field staff are unionized and as a result, management is required to follow union pay scale. Staff should be more involved in union activities and work together to make this better for themselves.
Pros
Great atmosphere, friendly staff, collaborative teamwork
Hours are not guaranteed as all other home health companies but pay is very low. We didnt get any raise even in this corona period. No body listens to employees.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Not enough hours
Bad
Don’t get stuck with them. You will never get enough hours unless you are in the favourites list. They will say we have lots of hours for you but thats a lie
Regular visits last between 30 minutes-1 hour
Respite visits last from 1-8 hr

Office can sometimes be hard to get a hold of

Good place if you want to work one on one with your clients
Nice ❤️ it's a good place to work flexible hours. It's gives me time for my children. The supervisor and manager are good people. They are listened to your complain and make sure it's solved so you can be happy and all their clients are nice 👍
If you are starting off in your career CBI is a good place to start and gain experience. CBI is not a company for advancement or promotions.
Pay raises do not exist in the company unless you are working at cooperate.
Pros
Office luncheons
Cons
Low Pay
The HR department in Alberta is broken, in both the Calgary and Edmonton offices. People would come to me literally crying because they were being abused by their managers or coworkers were bullying them and there was nothing I could do to help. The leadership in HR is the same. It’s the culture there. Stay far away, even in this job market.
Pros
There were some good employees
Cons
This company is a sucking pit of despair, corruption. Management is the worst. They underpay ALL employees terribly bad. DO NOT work for CBI in Lethbridge, Alberta or anywhere else. If I could give it 0 stars out of 5 I would. Awful.
Pros
Cons
Management, wage, hours, company policy and procedures
Pay is not the greatest, can advance. Employees are awesome. Is a great place to work to start out your career in whichever field you are looking to advance in.
This is the worst company I have ever worked for. I love the work and my co-workers very much, but the organization itself is evil. They continually pay you less on your pay stub than you are owed, try to guilt you into working 16 hour shifts, and refuse to give anyone rotations because then they would have to pay benefits. Additionally, because they are a for-profit care group, they often barely provide the basic needs to clients while lining their pockets at the top. I have personally seen many workers pay for items for clients out of pocket so that they don't go without. Finally, when their negligence catches up with them, they always blame employees for their lack of oversight.
Pros
very empathetic co-workers
Cons
evil company
I worked at CBI through a practicum placement opportunity. I was trained in the Human Resources Department and worked as a recruiter. It was an entry-level position, which means that I was tasked with conducting prescreening interviews, booking interviews, and contacting former employees and welcoming them back to current job opportunities. The team I worked with was absolutely exceptional. They were patient, encouraging, understanding, helpful, and collaborative. They were immediate in responses with anything I was unsure of, or didn't know.

I was employed during the covid-19 pandemic, which meant that I was working remotely. I thought it would be challenging, but it was quite seamless of a transition and I had help at every turn.

I would love to be permanently employed with this organization. I thoroughly enjoyed my experience and would recommend everybody to join this company.
Pros
1 Hour Lunch Break, instant help available, encouraging and trusting staff
Cons
None!!
CBI Company is a great company to work for. They work with you to get started with training, managers, and staff are always available to assist whenever, and however they can. I have had nothing but great experiences with co-workers and upper management. I would highly recommend working with CBI.
Pros
Collaborative and Supportive
Cons
N/a