CBI Health Group Employee Reviews

Terrible
Psw (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON15 March 2019
Terrible place to work. St. Cath branch.
No travel time, schedule you for splits on your weekend rotation when specifically said no splits. Clt issues that were never resolved, not a single call back from the supervisor. Had a threatening call from a staff member because my cell track was not returned only because I had no way of getting it to them fast enough! There is no communication with this place as an employer which is very sad and says so much about them.
Pros
Clients
Don't work there.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC28 February 2019
They throw you in the bull pen and expect you to learn everything ASAP. No help, no security (as they WILL make you walk on egg shells for 3 months and then can you in you don't succeed to there standards.) Dress code is ridiculous. Management sucked, so did the software. Poor layout's of clinics. And you have to match their clique or else you're getting "terminated". The way I found out was the best way, they put it in the schedule and then proceed to tell me that I'm not professional enough for there company. Ugh. Also, closing days I was NEVER allowed to put in that I worked 1/2 hour later even though there were days I had no help with closing and expected to learn it all in less than 3 weeks.
Cons
Great work environment currently going through some challenges
IT Software Developer (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON25 February 2019
My main responsibilities include developing new features for both the company's core desktop application and Windows mobile application. I also frequently fix software bugs and implement functional and UI improvements.

The most difficult thing was the lack of formal training due to the shortage of workplace resources. As such, I learned to be self-sufficient while also being able to seek out the answers I needed to perform my job.

Generally, the culture is very supportive and coworkers are often more than willing to offer help. Company morale is often boosted by regular social events and keynote speaker sessions.

Due to the recent restructuring efforts, priorities have shifted and workloads have declined for more junior developers. This change is primarily the result of an emphasis on performance improvements rather than new features. In addition, the lack of updates and direction from management can sometimes lead to unnecessary speculation and internal turmoil.

Overall, CBI is a good company to work for but is currently undergoing a lot of changes so things are a bit rocky until the dust settles. Furthermore, at the moment there are not many opportunities for career advancement in software development due to the lack of projects.
Pros
Location, great coworkers, clean office space
Cons
Lack of advancement opportunities, lack of direction and communication from management, current projects are not as engaging, lack of resources
Clients are amazing management NOT
HSW (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON23 January 2019
This is a horrible place to work. I would never recommend to ANYONE. Clients can cancel last minute which you do NOT get paid for. Schedules are very very last minute. Management is impossible to get ahold of you always get the answering machine and then they get upset with you when you leave a message and not talk to someone. Clients are always complaining about never being able to get ahold of the office and the appointment coordinator does not coordinate clients well (clients in the same building are often scheduled separately and not consecutively). Clients often cancel because they don’t know about their visit until you call the night before. Would NOT recommend CBI
Pros
Very nice clients
Cons
Horrible management
Horrible Management
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 November 2018
I am very unhappy and need to leave asap. You are not respected or 'cared' about. This company care about clients more than employees. Employees are underpaid.
Do Not Work Here
Field staff (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB1 November 2018
This is possibly the most heartless company I have ever worked for. Management couldn't care less about it's staff and they expect you to work 10 hours a day with no support or guidance. Then you'll be blamed for everything and let go. They don't ever even consider how are clients are doing and if they are getting proper care.
Pros
zero
Cons
everything
Diverse Multidisciplinary clinic
Registered Massage Therapist (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NB4 October 2018
My job was very rewarding and entailed working in a team of other health professionals to deliver quality care to clients suffering from acute and chronic injuries.

The management did not match morals and value to employee's with what they stated were Company Core values.

I loved delivering quality Massage Therapy and assisting client's to get mobility back, decrease stress and increase quality of life while working in a team.

The reports were numerous and demanding, sometimes making the job stress quite high with expectations to deliver quality care but to discharge the client within an expected time frame, regardless of the condition of the client. This break in standard was a deficiency of the overall management structure and creating a break in unity with employee's and management. There was an expectation to please the sponsor and the mindset was sometimes one of discharge at all costs.
Pros
Free parking, unlimited educational oportunities
Cons
Lengthy report writing, not paid
clients wonderful
PSW (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, ON4 October 2018
I love working in the community with clients who are very appreciative of the given help with ADL's. I have learned so much about so many different family units and how I am so fortunate to be healthy and live in a nice clean home Hardest part of the job is inconsistent hours, and being expected to work 10 days on with 1 day off, and 1 weekend opposite week. I find the cost of gas and allowance just does not add up to the actual money spent. Work some days 7am until 6 pm with no overtime pay where otherdays only work 3 to 4 hours.
Pros
great clients
Cons
schedule not always available until last minute
Excellent
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB6 September 2018
Great place to work. I worked there as a volunteer where I was exposed to tge Office aspect of the company. They are bilingual. Nothing more to say. They are located in the basement of the Shoppers Plaza.
fun workplace and productive one, always going out with residents
Resource Aide/Residential Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB28 July 2018
Great company to work for as it was Vital life Inc/ORG canada before. Competitive salary and good benefits. It was a pretty chill day at work as I've been doing it with for several years dealing with different kinds of people with different background and ethnicities.
It does need more work for now as they just started for transitioning under CBI health group. The hardest part of the job is when the residents started to change behavior become agitated and aggressive towards others even in themselves sometimes. The most enjoyable part is I work with amazing people.
Challenging & Engaging Workplace
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Fraser Valley Regional District, BC21 June 2018
I really enjoy working for CBI in my province. They've experienced a lot of growth over the years and it's exciting to be able to be a part of all of the change and development. They have a really strong inner work culture, and every individual in upper management that I've had conversations with has been incredibly supportive and willing to guide. It's also a very busy work environment, with days flying by due to an absolutely packed workload. The only downside is that their salary is on the lower end even though the workload is so high, as well the benefits are not that impressive considering the field that CBI is, you would think they'd have higher chiro/physio/massage therapy maximums. If they increased salary and benefits I would give this company 5 stars.
dont apply here unless you're desperate
HCA (Former Employee) –  Manitoba3 April 2018
they have program like under the wrha wherein they are supplying home care attendant needs to go house to house to clients. pays just the hour visited the client. mileage not paid. very nonesense company. dont apply here.
Pros
free phones
Cons
it has gps. they keep track of you. creeps
Review
IT Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 March 2018
It is a good experience. Busy environment which forces you to manage your time effectively between projects, calls and tickets. Has good benefits and a competitive salary.
Has the potential of a great company
Senior Administrator (Current Employee) –  Alberta20 March 2018
Recently brought out the importance of CORE company values which really influences quality of work. There are areas to be improved, and currently actions put in place to make improvements however, its simply not there yet.
Salaries need to be re-evaluated to match work being done, along with recognition and opportunities for growth.
Pros
Great teams
Cons
Salary
Don't Do it
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 March 2018
Great, if you're desperate for a job. I enjoy the people I work with. My direct supervisor is beyond awesome.Upper management will screw you over. My supervisor had to fight for my raises, and both times the came back way lower that what was asked for. Lots of work for a awful awful pay.
Cons
Pay
horrible management
Manager/Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON29 November 2017
management was unethical and unprofessional. Employees are not valued and treated fairly. I was able to gain lots of experience and paid for training.
Pros
paid training
Payroll everyday with lots of new learning
Payroll Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 November 2017
Payroll everyday with lots of new learning. Hard working team environment meeting tight weekly and biweekly deadlines. Multi provincial and unionized payrolls.
Over all good work experience
Disbursements (Former Employee) –  Calgary23 August 2017
This company taught me a lot of valuable skills that I hope to use going forward. Was a good experience how ever some management issues and disorganization caused for some uncomfortable working days. Also raises even with good performance are hard to come by.
Excellent place to work
Vocational Counselor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB27 April 2017
CBI was a great place to work. Provided employees with a fun and productive work environment where employees were valued. CBI made sure that employees were happy and feeling valued at all times
Awesome group of people to work with
Work Placement (Current Employee) –  London, ON3 April 2017
I worked here as a placement through my school (Fanshawe) and I have never been happier, the staff that work here are amazing and kind, and the clients relationship with the staff is like a big family.
Pros
Family like environment
Cons
Small office

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CBI Health Group. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8