CBI Health Group

CBI Health Group Employee Reviews

This employer elected to publish survey results gathered via Indeed Insider. The survey results included this review. The employer has indicated that the reviewer was a current employee at the time this review was written.
Excellent education opportunities Poorly organized management structure Struggle to get paid fairly Excellent collaboration and learning opportunities
CBI has been a great place to work. Management has been very empathetic and applies solutions related to safety very quickly. On the job training was a little scattered, but all paperwork, medication, and support resources are clearly available. There is not much training that can prepare you for this line of work as a lot of it comes from experience and the specific client you are working with. Some locations are a lot better run than others; however, management is actively working to improve this. The pay is good and the benefits are extremely well priced. Contrary to some reviews here, you do get paid per kilometer to travel when working. The only complaints are that you do not get paid overtime and COVID has made it very hard to have full staffing. This leaves a lot of extra hours to be worked. It should be noted that the nature of the job is inherently stressful at times as you need to deal with aggressive behavior. However, CBI was very transparent about this. They also offer a lot of support themselves and via supports you can call (benefits also cover psychological counseling).Definitely a decent place to work if you have initiative and a drive to excel.
Pros
Great people, lots of hours, amazing benefits
Cons
Lots of hours, sometimes stressful
If you want fulltime + hours this job is great. Shifts are 8hrs 16hrs and 24hrs. Not ideal if looking for short shifts or minimal availability. Hourly wages could be higher especially when working back to back 24hr shifts but, definitely better then some places. Benefits are great at 40+ hours.
Pros
Great people, lots of hours available, good benefits.
Cons
Wages could be higher.
I have been working at CBI Health Group full-time. Pros: Above and beyond team that go out of their way to provide support for various tasks and projects you're working on, lots of opportunity to learn new skillsets and challenge yourself, you can tell the team really cares about their people and makes a great work culture a priority. Cons: The company is quite large, can sometimes lose sight of the bigger picture when working on individual projects
I have worked for CBI Health for over 10 years, and have thoroughly enjoyed every minute of it. I started off at an entry level position and have managed to move to a different role twice. It is great when you are able to get promoted within the company that you already work for. Having knowledge of the company already makes starting a new role that much more enjoyable. It's also wonderful to know that you are truly making a difference in people's lives everyday.
Fantastic culture that promotes ongoing learning and application of that learning to every patient cohort; this company values curiosity and is motivated to provide the best outcome to every client.
CBI Health is a great organization to help grow your career. Staff of all levels are supportive and encouraging, and management truly listens to suggestions and feedback.
I have worked at CBI Health for 3 years and throughout my time at CBI Health, I have gained experience in my field and have had the opportunity to work with a diverse group of dedicated and passionate individuals. In my position on the Marketing & Communications team, I collaborate with colleagues across our National network on many different types of projects. The workplace culture at CBI Health is friendly and inclusive and I have become friends with many teammates outside of work. CBI Health is a great place to work, especially for individuals just starting their careers, as there are lots of learning opportunities and chances to grow your skills and career.
Manager is absolutely horrible and doesn't stand behind her employees. The hours suck, they jam your schedule and expect you to be a miracle worker. You report things and nothing gets done about it.
Pros
The clients
Cons
It's fast-paced environment. The bosses are kind and colleagues are friendly. There is a true sense of teamwork. Lots of paid learning opportunities. A great atmosphere of caring for clients and professionalism.
Absolutely awful place to work. Management couldn't be worse. They don't care about their employees what so ever, make them work insane hours with zero breaks. The pay just is not worth it. Destroys your mental health.
Cons
I worked previously on contract with CBI a few years ago. When that ended I moved on to a new company. When I saw that there was a posting up, I was excited to apply because of the previous experience I had with a warm and close nit team where lots of education and support was provided. Work life balance has been exactly what I have been looking for also having family commitments. My manager recognizes me with positive feedback and has been respectful when providing advice to do better.
I've been with this company for over 3 years now, and love it. The office staff are very supportive and managers are very supportive. This company really cares about making a difference in people's lives and I feel so fortunate to be a part of this big team. My colleagues are really fun to work with too. I would highly recommend working here!
Pros
Great support, work-life balance, benefits, etc.
Cons
None!
When I first started working for CBI, I had read negative reviews but refused to believe them. I can now say that after working for the company, the negative reviews are quite accurate. As a result of the pandemic, I have found myself working overtime multiple times a week which has basically ruined my work/life balance. A lot of the time, it is expected that coordinators work extra throughout the week to be able to leave on time on Fridays. Some weeks I work 10+ hours of overtime and am still asked to sign in over the weekend. I often feel stressed out and anxious when I work as the workload and lack of support greatly impacts my ability to perform. Additionally, there is rarely proper coverage for when someone goes away and so I notice that many individuals feel guilty taking a day off because they don't want to leave more work behind for their colleagues. Management is constantly asking for the employees to do more despite knowing that staff are overwhelmed. Although they ask what they can do to support the coordinators, the help they provide creates more problems or is too temporary to make a difference whatsoever. Finally, client issues are rarely taken seriously and are always left for coordination staff to figure out on their own as the help received does not provide a satisfactory solution for the client or the caregiver involved. After many months with the company, I no longer find myself enjoying my role with CBI. I appreciate the experiences and the people I have gotten to know but the potential for a burnout is very high and is not worth the stress. I completely - more...
Pros
Great co-workers, good look into the workings of homecare, good benefits
Cons
Rude clients, long hours, extremely stressful, unsupportive management
I will complete 2 years with CBI in management capacity this December and I LOVE being part of the team @ CBI. My leaders are very encouraging and empower me to make a positive contribution by my efforts every day.I wish CBI grows by leaps and bounds as I would love the opportunity to grow with them :-)
Pros
Superlative Leaders
Cons
Comepnsation not very competitive
Thought I was being hired by cbi, wecare paid me. Cbi is failing their clients as they treat them like children and don't let them have a say in their own life. Job is physically demanding, if your a small size DONT go they will put you with clients who you can not probably take care of because you can't lift them etc. Make you work doublea even on your first shift.
Pros
pay
Cons
failing clients, long hours, no self care time
Will require physios to attain “average “ numbers of patient visits irrespective of clinical picture and use this as your sole metric of performance. This is a sales position and not a healthcare position for any physiotherapist.
Pros
Cons
Many
This company puts profits before client care every time. If you are looking to perform assembly line style Physiotherapy this is the place for you. However the more clients you can pack in the more money you can make so I guess that could be considered a ‘pro’
This company is the absolute worst I have ever worked for. The management is power/money-hungry and often unfair. They do not care about your wellbeing or safety at work. Many people have been sent to the hospital and put on medical leave for injuries. Although, Head Office never quite figures out how to fill in the WorkSafe form correctly... You will not have an easy time unless you are related to someone higher up. If you are, it’s okay to have a relationship with subordinates. You can even come to work under the influence. Or just not come.. at all. Take some time off, call in sick for a few days. Or the whole month. It’s fine though, someone underpaid and overworked will have to pick up the slack. Don’t trust your Team Lead either, she’s in on it.It’s unfortunate really, these amazing clients build wonderful relationships with their workers then all of a sudden are ruined by management because the worker was favourited over the directors daughter. They’ll move you, or just fire you for it. This company does not deserve you. Don’t do it. Read these reviews. Go ANYWHERE ELSE.
Cons
Awful Management
ROM does not care about staff and use derogatory words.ROM insecure about TM intelligence and show signs of been threatened.No benefit.Never allowed to cook and eat meals from the house .
Pros
Everything bad
Cons
CBI has been 100% the worst job I have ever had. Management is based on popularity and favourites. There is ZERO room for advancement. Employees are treated horribly; emotionally and verbally abused. There is zero organization or thought for new policies or systems. Clients yell at you on the phone and are racist/sexist without any consequence. Other employees (HCAs) yell at coordinators and blame you for them not being able to pay their rent. Abuse from other employees is pushed aside and blame is placed on the victim. Zero professionalism from HCAs all the way to upper management. Supervisors have a superiority complex and never take feedback. Meetings are not collaborative, instead, you get talked at by management and there is no room for change. Legal issues and unethical practices are common. Personally, I had to take a 2-month stress leave because of the toxic culture of the company and office. During the start of COVID 19, there was zero organization for safe practices for field staff. The office staff were not given proper resources, 65% of HCAs were on leave and there was no help from management to restaff or find a new solution. Supervisors had no answers and expected you to do their jobs as well. The only bond I had with coworkers was the shared annoyance and disrespect we felt working there. The culture in the lunchroom from other departments was the same, irritation, anger and aggravation over management and company practices. I continuously tried to find new and better ways of staffing and completing my work objectives, and all I got was condescending and unhelpful - more...
Pros
Decent salary for office staff, Office has free KCup for the Keurig machines
Cons
Disrespectful management, unethical practices, disorganized, toxic work culture
  1. Employee reviews