CBI Health Group

CBI Health Group Employee Reviews

Canada200 reviews
Over worked and underpaid
Coworkers and management were fantastic to work with. Corporate is really out of touch with the main work force. Way underpaid for the work they expect.
Horrible management
I was a front line nurse at there Simcoe office. Management is horrible. No respect or help when you need it, you are out there on your own and knowing I didn’t have any one of my side was unsafe. I ended up quitting to save my sanity. The stress is not worth it for this place.
Fun co-workers but overload of work with no place for growth
CBI is a poorly managed establishment there is no sense of accountability from anyone including the top management since none holds the adequate education and expertise in the business field to run the show sometimes employees have to be in fronline and work inside the clinic due they wanting to save money on staff which then cause work overload and stress leading to two jobs being unfinished . Please if you value your mental health don't consider this as an option .
Your colleagues become your family
The work environment is very friendly, lovely people to work with. Everyone is very caring and compassionate for what they do and they enjoy helping people rehabilitate. It is very fast paced, lots to learn and grasp so you are able to keep a handle on everything. There is never a dull moment between your coworkers and also the clients. You get to know your clients and build a rapport over time. It was definitely a great stepping stone to continue in the medical administration sector.
Horrible management
Horrible management. A shame approach to management style and no finger on the pulse of client and employee needs. They don’t take feedback and instead blame the employee for their company’s problems. Learned a lot about MVA and LTD clients.
Pros
Psychotherapy supervisor and some good co-workers
Cons
Management and toxic work environment
Awesome work environment.
Encouraging working environment with lots of opportunity for advancement. Amazing staff. Can get a bit stressful when dealing with the public but you have the back up if necessary.
Below par!
This is a very stressful place to work, as Management do not fix work issues. The only thing that is left from employee is their pride. Not worth or to waste time working here.
very cooperative supervisors, fast problem solving
good place to work, flexible hrs, good benefits, cooperative management, good pay, I have learned so many things, like how to operate technical lifts,
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at CBI Health Group?
Crippling Anxiety
I was part of a good team, but we were constantly blamed for things that were out of our control. It created a toxic environment that caused anxiety for me and two other of my coworkers told me they started taking anti-anxiety medication after starting to work at CBI. When I went to HR to ask for help and advice, everything just got worse. I would cry and almost throw up before work sometimes. It was when I went to HR and they did nothing that I really felt helpless. That's when I decided there has to be something else better out there.

There are so many better companies to work with. Don't sacrifice your mental health. It's not worth the small salary they pay and it will go into other areas of your life as well.

I'm grateful to be at another company now. If you're considering working at CBI, please don't. There are other places out there that will treat you right.
Pros
Absolutely nothing.
Cons
Everything.
Staff are fearful and disrespected by management
Such a disappointing career move. Managers tell stories to staff to manipulate them into doing things that are not appropriate. In the field you are often work with difficult people and management forces you to return to the same client even when in a dangerous situation. Staff are often reprimanded in front of other staff members. Constant staff turnover because of stress levels. 100% HR turnover in 2 years. Staff are often in fear of losing their job.
I would not recommend this company. Treats HCA's poorly and pay is low.
This company is very unethical in how it treats it's H C A',s. Workers are taken advantage of. Hours are promised but never received while the company continues to hire more staff. Scheduling coordinators are unorganized and make promises they don't keep. Numerous clients are scheduled to be seen at the same time. Workers are blamed when they are not able to manage these multiple overbookings. Nursing supervisors have poor people skills, lack diplomacy and have large egos. This company treats you like you are disposable.
Great stepping stone
Great stepping stone of a job, but there is a glass ceiling and no advancement plans or opportunities. Culture is stale and management has too much on their plates. but won't devolve as that would increase salaries of the people trying come climb.
Poor work experience
Management is money hungry, unorganized, and ungrateful towards employees. Staff turnover is rampant and probably a result of management. The frontline staff are therapists who geniunely care, but are constantly pushed to make sales and hit targets at the expense of employee morale and optimal patient care. I'm ONLY grateful for the frontline staff I had the pleasure of working with
Fun workplace with colleague and management
It's fun workplace with management and colleague. Enough opportunities to make your carrier in any field. Company spend so much money for training and development for any individuals.
Great place to start
If you're just getting out of school and need to dip your feet in the professional pool, CBI is a great place for that. But that's about it.

Training is laughable so you better pick it up quick. The pay is terrible and falls way below average for any department. The moment you're on your own, be ready for an avalanche of work, even if you know you're not ready for it.

Administrators are heavily overworked and nearly criminally underpaid. They're basically babysitters for the clinicians to get their paperwork in. If they're lucky and get a nice doctor, it's a bit easier, but some of the doctors will rup them apart just for asking them a question.

While CBI claims that they want to focus on the client and experience, they do nothing to encourage the staff to actually follow through. Just a lot of preaching from the higher ups who dont work on the front lines.
Nice experience working with an amazing team
enjoying my work at CBI. very supportive and encouraging.team with lot of guidance and training. When and wherever you need any help the team is there with all [possible answers.Learning environment with good quality standards.
What they offer is not honoured
Supervisor was not true to what was provided. Coordinators pressure you into taking visits. Admin will say anything, changes info in computer so you arent paid what you worked. No breaks. Training was very good though.
Pros
Great clients, work in field i enjoy, lots of hours
Cons
Office staff are horrible, unfriendly
Decent pay, no real training, lack of management skills
Good people- underequipped management & underfunded. Skilled, Dedicated employees passed over for new employees. Management actively pits employees against each other. No real training for the situations you were faced with. Documentation for training, policies, money management were lacking. Medication admin required No training. Little accountability.
Stay away
I went college for HCA and theyre advertising says minimum pay rate is 19 for HCAs, just to find out after working for this company HCA home care i got paid 16, tear and wear on my car, they dont pay you gasoline or milage, i got to the point where i was becoming broke, my schedule was really low hours, so i quit the most dpressing job ever, the clients always complaining about this company. Save time and go find a job at a nursing home
would never apply
management has too much power. They put so much on your shoulders with no training. Favourtism and overall a complete circus with airheads running the show.
Pros
every one struggles so you aren't the only one
Cons
High turn over, bad rep, low pay, favourtism, no room to grow, no team building or any thing planned correctly, therapy manager always the star of the show.
I wouldnt risk my mental health
At first the company was great to work for, but then everything started changing hands in upper management and the respect and care for the employees greatly went out the door. There were Male employees that had multiple issues as well as warning but nothing was done as he would bend over backwards for management any time he got in trouble.