CBI Health Group Employee Reviews

Do Not Work Here
Field staff (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB1 November 2018
This is possibly the most heartless company I have ever worked for. Management couldn't care less about it's staff and they expect you to work 10 hours a day with no support or guidance. Then you'll be blamed for everything and let go. They don't ever even consider how are clients are doing and if they are getting proper care.
Pros
zero
Cons
everything
Diverse Multidisciplinary clinic
Registered Massage Therapist (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NB4 October 2018
My job was very rewarding and entailed working in a team of other health professionals to deliver quality care to clients suffering from acute and chronic injuries.

The management did not match morals and value to employee's with what they stated were Company Core values.

I loved delivering quality Massage Therapy and assisting client's to get mobility back, decrease stress and increase quality of life while working in a team.

The reports were numerous and demanding, sometimes making the job stress quite high with expectations to deliver quality care but to discharge the client within an expected time frame, regardless of the condition of the client. This break in standard was a deficiency of the overall management structure and creating a break in unity with employee's and management. There was an expectation to please the sponsor and the mindset was sometimes one of discharge at all costs.
Pros
Free parking, unlimited educational oportunities
Cons
Lengthy report writing, not paid
clients wonderful
PSW (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, ON4 October 2018
I love working in the community with clients who are very appreciative of the given help with ADL's. I have learned so much about so many different family units and how I am so fortunate to be healthy and live in a nice clean home Hardest part of the job is inconsistent hours, and being expected to work 10 days on with 1 day off, and 1 weekend opposite week. I find the cost of gas and allowance just does not add up to the actual money spent. Work some days 7am until 6 pm with no overtime pay where otherdays only work 3 to 4 hours.
Pros
great clients
Cons
schedule not always available until last minute
Excellent
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB6 September 2018
Great place to work. I worked there as a volunteer where I was exposed to tge Office aspect of the company. They are bilingual. Nothing more to say. They are located in the basement of the Shoppers Plaza.
fun workplace and productive one, always going out with residents
Resource Aide/Residential Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB28 July 2018
Great company to work for as it was Vital life Inc/ORG canada before. Competitive salary and good benefits. It was a pretty chill day at work as I've been doing it with for several years dealing with different kinds of people with different background and ethnicities.
It does need more work for now as they just started for transitioning under CBI health group. The hardest part of the job is when the residents started to change behavior become agitated and aggressive towards others even in themselves sometimes. The most enjoyable part is I work with amazing people.
Challenging & Engaging Workplace
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Fraser Valley Regional District, BC21 June 2018
I really enjoy working for CBI in my province. They've experienced a lot of growth over the years and it's exciting to be able to be a part of all of the change and development. They have a really strong inner work culture, and every individual in upper management that I've had conversations with has been incredibly supportive and willing to guide. It's also a very busy work environment, with days flying by due to an absolutely packed workload. The only downside is that their salary is on the lower end even though the workload is so high, as well the benefits are not that impressive considering the field that CBI is, you would think they'd have higher chiro/physio/massage therapy maximums. If they increased salary and benefits I would give this company 5 stars.
dont apply here unless you're desperate
HCA (Former Employee) –  Manitoba3 April 2018
they have program like under the wrha wherein they are supplying home care attendant needs to go house to house to clients. pays just the hour visited the client. mileage not paid. very nonesense company. dont apply here.
Pros
free phones
Cons
it has gps. they keep track of you. creeps
Review
IT Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 March 2018
It is a good experience. Busy environment which forces you to manage your time effectively between projects, calls and tickets. Has good benefits and a competitive salary.
Has the potential of a great company
Senior Administrator (Current Employee) –  Alberta20 March 2018
Recently brought out the importance of CORE company values which really influences quality of work. There are areas to be improved, and currently actions put in place to make improvements however, its simply not there yet.
Salaries need to be re-evaluated to match work being done, along with recognition and opportunities for growth.
Pros
Great teams
Cons
Salary
Don't Do it
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 March 2018
Great, if you're desperate for a job. I enjoy the people I work with. My direct supervisor is beyond awesome.Upper management will screw you over. My supervisor had to fight for my raises, and both times the came back way lower that what was asked for. Lots of work for a awful awful pay.
Cons
Pay
horrible management
Manager/Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON29 November 2017
management was unethical and unprofessional. Employees are not valued and treated fairly. I was able to gain lots of experience and paid for training.
Pros
paid training
Payroll everyday with lots of new learning
Payroll Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 November 2017
Payroll everyday with lots of new learning. Hard working team environment meeting tight weekly and biweekly deadlines. Multi provincial and unionized payrolls.
Over all good work experience
Disbursements (Former Employee) –  Calgary23 August 2017
This company taught me a lot of valuable skills that I hope to use going forward. Was a good experience how ever some management issues and disorganization caused for some uncomfortable working days. Also raises even with good performance are hard to come by.
Excellent place to work
Vocational Counselor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB27 April 2017
CBI was a great place to work. Provided employees with a fun and productive work environment where employees were valued. CBI made sure that employees were happy and feeling valued at all times
Awesome group of people to work with
Work Placement (Current Employee) –  London, ON3 April 2017
I worked here as a placement through my school (Fanshawe) and I have never been happier, the staff that work here are amazing and kind, and the clients relationship with the staff is like a big family.
Pros
Family like environment
Cons
Small office
Terrible, don't bother
Physiotherapist (Former Employee) –  GTA, ON14 January 2017
Management is terrible. They don't care about staff or patients. Company is money hungry and will dislike you if you try to advocate for better care for patients. Direct quote from an email I received from my manager: "patients don't know the difference between good care and bad care". I left this company as their values are evidently different from my values as a health care professional.
Apply here if there is no other choice. Make it a last resort.
Pros
Some staff members
Cons
Revenue driven, poor management, poor support
Do not waste your time
Administrator Assistant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB26 October 2016
This is one for the worst companies I have worked for. They only care about money and not patient care. It is a revenue thirsty company that only cares about their bottom line, with means that their staff are disposable at the drop of a hat. Management manages from behind closed doors and have no care for their staff nor the incredible effort they put it. Every thing goes unrecognized.
Pros
co workers
Cons
lack of respect, terrible management and directors, money hungry
CLIENT COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB29 August 2016
I loved working for CBI and would referee anyone to work for the company. I enjoyed my year and a half working for CBI. I was able to grow so much as a person
Worse Massage job ever
RMT (Former Employee) –  London, ON2 July 2016
Management was a joke. Not helpful. Ignorant and had a superiority issue. Physiotherapist had the same attitude. Thought they were gods. Company only carers about bottom line $ and revenue.. Patients were cash cows once the insurance was used up they were dismissed. Overcharged insurance companies for paper work.. $50 for a few check boxes filled out. This came off the patients insurance so less money for treatments. Low class attitudes during meetings. If patient wasn't improving in the physio standards they were discharged without question. Sadly I had many many amazing clients who I shared in their treatment plans with the physio.. clients would confide in me saying it was making them worse and massage was the only thing helping however physio has final say.. I lost many patients to being discharged without my consultation. The admin was like being in high school. I commuted between a few clinics and by the time I'd reach the next the admins would've called each other about an incident at their clinic or just to talk behind our backs.... I could on and on about how terrible it was.. I would never ever work for them or advise someone to go for treatment there. They don't have ppls health at priority it's all about the dollar. And since 90% of the claims are work place injuries or MVAs they know they're getting paid..
Pros
salary i guess
Cons
greedy money hungry
This was an internship
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  London, ON12 April 2016
Internship set up through my college. Great bunch of people I worked with.
Excellent teachers to new students.Opening to teaching you everything you need to know

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CBI Health Group. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9