CBI Health Centre Employee Reviews

Dont do it
Senior Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Canada19 March 2019
TERRIBLE COMPANY.

Awful management, very little support, terrible pay, almost impossible to advance within the company.

Company doesn't seem to stand by its values, or follow through. Their actions are not in line with their words.
Pros
Cons
everything
Administrative Assistant - Part time (Current Employee) –  Truro, NS19 March 2019
CBI Health Centre is a great company to work for and provides a welcoming environment for the employees and patients.Management is understanding and quite flexible.
assistant
Physiotherapy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON25 February 2019
Nice job everyone is very uplifting and helpful if you need any help with anything when starting. Patients are very friendly and sweet always bring a smile to my face.
Good atmosphere, But overall Negative Experience.
Kinesiologist (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC4 January 2019
Hired on at 37.5 hrs/ week, which was quickly cut short. The clinic atmosphere is upbeat and the staff are friendly. You feel like part of a team. You have an opportunity to build relationships with clientelle. Unfortunantly the compensation is far below the national average for the NOC of a Kinesiologist, and the clinic program is often empty.

I was hired for 4 months, and was never given very good feedback about my role. My employer at the Kelowna branch actually elected to skip my three month probationary review so that he could make a phone call. This meeting was never rescheduled, and although I was entitled to a benefits package as part of my contract, this was never discussed.

I was terminated without cause one day after new years, after having just spent 500 dollars renewing my practicing Kinesiologist membership and insurance. This was very formal, and un-courteous. I was given 20 minutes to pack my things and leave. No reason was ever given and no exit interview was held. This is extremely unproffessional.

I'm afraid I can not in good consience reccommend this employer.
Pros
Good client atmosphere and room to build experience
Cons
Lack of direction, Limited Hours, below industry standard pay, and No feedback.
Job Security and Benefits
Kinesiologist (Former Employee) –  British Columbia30 December 2018
Overworked, underpaid.
Good for kinesiologists just starting out with no experience.
Lots of opportunity to learn through courses and from other physiotherapists and occupational therapists.
AVOID this place at all costs !
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB22 December 2018
Its funny ONE person tells you ine thing and then won't call you back. They kiss your butt until they have a job opening then won't call you back. NOPE !!
Unappreciated and underpaid working environment
Specialist (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB24 October 2018
Unappreciated and underpaid working environment. Management does not acknowledge the work that has been done. Lowest paid salary for the position in the market
Underpaid
Clinic Administrator (Former Employee) –  GTA, ON16 October 2018
Overworked and underpaid. There are high expectations and workload continuously increases with little compensation. Management can be aggressive and belittling.
Busy Office
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC1 September 2018
Very busy office, it is a little chaotic and could run smoother with more organization. One of the challenges was multitasking.There is a lot to remember, perhaps rotating and delegating specific tasks daily will help staff focus making the flow of the office duties easier and eliminate lost appointments. Great group of people to work with. Office manager is very patient and kind. As a whole though, CBI does not pay great wages and really push to ensure no overtime is given.
Pros
great staff/great hours/hour long lunches
Cons
no overtime/bi-monthly payroll/low starting wages
Management does not know what they are doing
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB1 August 2018
I think one of the main problems is that upper management does not have experience dealing with a company this large. There is a lot of turn over and the pay is very low. They try and introduce competitions amongst the different clinics throughout the province, but with no reward. I could go on and on....but I think you get the point
Pros
Cons
everything

Want to know more about CBI Health Centre?

Ask a question
Awesome staff, professional clinic, manageable job duties
admin assistant (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON14 July 2018
All the staff get along so well that it feels like a family. Everyone is really genuine and such a pleasure to work with. The training process was very supportive and positive. Most clients are friendly and have been attending for a while and have a very good relationship with the staff. Very nice to see a collaborative effort in helping restore patients physical wellbeing with a team of RMTS, PTs, OTs, kins etc.

The work load is manageable. Basic administrative duties. Weekends off is a plus. Good benefits.
Lovely coworkers. Steady overall decline in work quality for therapists since CBI purchase.
Therapist (Former Employee) –  Kitchener-Waterloo, ON19 June 2018
Employed as therapist for many years.

It was managed very well until CBI took over.

Nominal raises, poor pay, no respect for therapists input in multitude of operational aspects impacting therapists, no room for advancement unless moving to management.

The other therapists and client’s continued to be the highlight.

I would not recommend working here anymore 😢
Pros
Therapist colleagues.
Cons
Poorly skilled, non collaborative management . Poor pay.
First Experience as Admin Assistant
Medical Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB5 June 2018
CBI Health Centre was where I had my first employment as Admin Assistant after completing my Administration course in College. It was a great experience, i learned a little more than the basic when it came to office environment, greeting patients, phones, etc.

The Office administrator at the time was great, patient and we were a great team together. Happy team, happy office!
Overworked, underpaid, no communication or consistency
Administrative Assistant (Full-time) (Former Employee) –  Vancouver Island, BC30 April 2018
The company puts on a front that they are looking out for your well being, personality tests to see where you would excel, confidential phone calls from head office asking about the working environment..stuff like that.
However, the training is minimal and scattered, leaving you to fend for yourself in a high volume office, resulting in a lot of turnover, resulting in a lot of time taken away from the senior admins constantly training the newbies and the workload piling up.
Pay was an issue but after walking out as a team, our wages were fairly increased,although just barely around the "Living Wage" in our area.
Each practitioner is a contractor, therefore they are employed by themselves and do not have to abide by the Company rules. It can very difficult working for 5 different "Money Makers" each day, often resulting in a new way to do things every week. It is quite obvious where CBI's loyalty lies when it comes to Employee vs Contractor, and an admin you just do the same thing 5 different ways to keep everyone happy.
Company parties were ok.
Time off is generally easy to ask for. Sick time is easily forgiven. Office snacks were good. The friends made on the admin team were worth every 40hrs/week.
Pros
Office snacks
Cons
Overworked, underpaid, no communication or consistency
Dynamic and progressive company
Administrative Manager (Current Employee) –  BC2 April 2018
Still working here after more than 10 years, several promotions and changes of roles. Funny to think I planned to stay only a little while but the people I get to work with and the sincere commitment to quality clinical care have kept me here.
Pros
Opportunity
Cons
Not for those who don't like a culture of accountability
Good place to start
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Port Coquitlam, BC12 February 2018
If you are fresh from school this is a good place to start, it has a lot to teach you, its intense but in the end you learn alot that prepares you for a future in the field.
Fast paced and dependent on location
Registered Physiotherapist (Current Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS1 August 2017
Very dependent on location. Collaborative care is a great asset for CBI. Majority of clients are often sponsored, so need to be in constant communication with third party providers.
People that really cared...for their clients and their profession.
Patient (Former Employee) –  Courtney B.C28 July 2017
Iam am very thankful for the help and support I received from my group at the cbi. I felt they cared about me ...getting myself healthy again..physically and mentally. I found it very educational. And I believe they gave me the formula for a happy healthy lifestyle to use on my own from there on for a pain free life. All I can say is Thank You ! And it was a pleasure to meet people who truly did care.
Pros
All pro
Cons
Saying bye
Professional workplace with alot of knowledgable preofessionals.
2 County Court Blvd. - Physio-Assistant (Former Employee) –  2 county court blvd.27 July 2017
It was a great place to learn the basics of how a workplace functions. The workers there were very polite and willing to teach you not only about they're profession, but the ins and outs of how to get the most out of any job you decide to do.
Pros
knowledge building experience, relatively standard hours.
Cons
too much free time (for me).
Not a great place to work...
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cranbrook, BC3 June 2017
Was part-time and was expected to know the job inside and out after 24 combined hours of working there. This included learning WCB billing, medical services billing, ICBC billing, etc... At the same time was booking appointments, greeting clients, filing and answering phones etc... One would have to be wonder woman to learn how to do everything and to do everything well in 24 hours...Expectations unattainable. With proper training and a reasonable amount of time to learn it would have been no problem... And I have over 30 years experience as an Admin Asst...! I can't imagine how someone with no experience would cope... they would probably go home crying every night..
Pros
Cons
Expected to learn job thorougly in 24 work hours...