CBI Health Centre Employee Reviews

Awesome staff, professional clinic, manageable job duties
admin assistant (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON14 July 2018
All the staff get along so well that it feels like a family. Everyone is really genuine and such a pleasure to work with. The training process was very supportive and positive. Most clients are friendly and have been attending for a while and have a very good relationship with the staff. Very nice to see a collaborative effort in helping restore patients physical wellbeing with a team of RMTS, PTs, OTs, kins etc.

The work load is manageable. Basic administrative duties. Weekends off is a plus. Good benefits.
Lovely coworkers. Steady overall decline in work quality for therapists since CBI purchase.
Therapist (Former Employee) –  Kitchener-Waterloo, ON19 June 2018
Employed as therapist for many years.

It was managed very well until CBI took over.

Nominal raises, poor pay, no respect for therapists input in multitude of operational aspects impacting therapists, no room for advancement unless moving to management.

The other therapists and client’s continued to be the highlight.

I would not recommend working here anymore 😢
Pros
Therapist colleagues.
Cons
Poorly skilled, non collaborative management . Poor pay.
Overworked, underpaid, no communication or consistency
Administrative Assistant (Full-time) (Former Employee) –  Vancouver Island, BC30 April 2018
The company puts on a front that they are looking out for your well being, personality tests to see where you would excel, confidential phone calls from head office asking about the working environment..stuff like that.
However, the training is minimal and scattered, leaving you to fend for yourself in a high volume office, resulting in a lot of turnover, resulting in a lot of time taken away from the senior admins constantly training the newbies and the workload piling up.
Pay was an issue but after walking out as a team, our wages were fairly increased,although just barely around the "Living Wage" in our area.
Each practitioner is a contractor, therefore they are employed by themselves and do not have to abide by the Company rules. It can very difficult working for 5 different "Money Makers" each day, often resulting in a new way to do things every week. It is quite obvious where CBI's loyalty lies when it comes to Employee vs Contractor, and an admin you just do the same thing 5 different ways to keep everyone happy.
Company parties were ok.
Time off is generally easy to ask for. Sick time is easily forgiven. Office snacks were good. The friends made on the admin team were worth every 40hrs/week.
Pros
Office snacks
Cons
Overworked, underpaid, no communication or consistency
Dynamic and progressive company
Administrative Manager (Current Employee) –  BC2 April 2018
Still working here after more than 10 years, several promotions and changes of roles. Funny to think I planned to stay only a little while but the people I get to work with and the sincere commitment to quality clinical care have kept me here.
Pros
Opportunity
Cons
Not for those who don't like a culture of accountability
Good place to start
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Port Coquitlam, BC12 February 2018
If you are fresh from school this is a good place to start, it has a lot to teach you, its intense but in the end you learn alot that prepares you for a future in the field.
Fast paced and dependent on location
Registered Physiotherapist (Current Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS1 August 2017
Very dependent on location. Collaborative care is a great asset for CBI. Majority of clients are often sponsored, so need to be in constant communication with third party providers.
People that really cared...for their clients and their profession.
Patient (Former Employee) –  Courtney B.C28 July 2017
Iam am very thankful for the help and support I received from my group at the cbi. I felt they cared about me ...getting myself healthy again..physically and mentally. I found it very educational. And I believe they gave me the formula for a happy healthy lifestyle to use on my own from there on for a pain free life. All I can say is Thank You ! And it was a pleasure to meet people who truly did care.
Pros
All pro
Cons
Saying bye
Professional workplace with alot of knowledgable preofessionals.
2 County Court Blvd. - Physio-Assistant (Former Employee) –  2 county court blvd.27 July 2017
It was a great place to learn the basics of how a workplace functions. The workers there were very polite and willing to teach you not only about they're profession, but the ins and outs of how to get the most out of any job you decide to do.
Pros
knowledge building experience, relatively standard hours.
Cons
too much free time (for me).
Not a great place to work...
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cranbrook, BC3 June 2017
Was part-time and was expected to know the job inside and out after 24 combined hours of working there. This included learning WCB billing, medical services billing, ICBC billing, etc... At the same time was booking appointments, greeting clients, filing and answering phones etc... One would have to be wonder woman to learn how to do everything and to do everything well in 24 hours...Expectations unattainable. With proper training and a reasonable amount of time to learn it would have been no problem... And I have over 30 years experience as an Admin Asst...! I can't imagine how someone with no experience would cope... they would probably go home crying every night..
Pros
Cons
Expected to learn job thorougly in 24 work hours...
How is it a Best Managed Company???
Health Care Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Kitchener-Waterloo, ON19 May 2017
Staff and clients were awesome! Enjoyed every bit of it!
Management on the other hand was terrible from the clinic manager to the regional manager. NO ONE communicates with you. The expect things without communication! Was very frustrating!

Salary - one 3 percent raise in 5 yrs

Can't really advance in job position unless you work at head office.
Pros
Benefits and 3 weeks vacation, great co-workers and clients
Cons
Poor management and no room for advancement
Fantastic
Administration Intern (Former Employee) –  Glace Bay, NS6 May 2017
My time at CBI Health Centre was great. The staff were very helpful with preparing me for my career. The staff and clients were friendly and the staff had no problem helping me with any questions I had..
Pros
Free lunch every week.
Cons
None.
Administrator
Faculty Administrator (Former Employee) –  Cranbrook, BC27 March 2017
A typical day at work includes general administrative duties.
This Corporations is very difficult to fit into. If you follow strict ever-changing policy and procedure you will be ok. However the management is made up of overworked underpaid stressed out people. The hardest part of the job is fitting in to a workplace culture that judges and grades you and measures your success by what they see as a policy. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping patients.
Spineless management
Health Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Ted deer23 February 2017
The office staff snubs the health care aides. Management plays favourites and caters to loudmouth bullies that demand their schedule be made just so. There are health care aides that should be FIRED for unprofessional conduct in people's homes but silly girlie management cannot cough up the testicular matter to do it. So any and all conduct goes. Mambi pambi scheduling.
Pros
Quitting
Cons
Everything.
Excellent clinic to get Physiotherapy done!!
Physiotherapist Assistant (Former Employee) –  Guildford, BC31 January 2017
Typical day? Depends on the clients and what the therapist needs from me.
What I learned? How to be fast on my feet, going out of my comfort zone..just to name a few :)
Management? Best I've seen so far. On top of everything.
Workplace culture? Home away from home.
Hardest part? Seeing clients in pain when they first come into the clinic.
Most enjoyable? Everything!
Pros
Cons
Actually having to leave for the day.
Great Coworkers, Less Than Great Pay
Kinesiologist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB11 September 2016
As someone with a University Undergrad Degree, I would have anticipated being paid a career-type salary - meaning, I wouldn't need a second job to make ends meet. I believe that CBI Health means well, but Kinesiologists seem to be treated as replaceable, instead of invested in for the future. It's too bad really - I thoroughly enjoy(ed) my time with CBI Health - my coworkers made the difference. I felt great waking up each morning to spend the day with people who became my closest friends; but alas, the stressors of financial restraint and feeling as though the company really didn't value me or my potential proved too difficult. I'd recommend this company if you want to gain some Kin experience, but expect to need a second job for the first couple years until you do enough for the company that they go to bat for you.
Pros
Great culture, independence
Cons
Pay, Feeling Undervalued
Productive, fun, edcational place to be
Clinic Assistant Support (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB10 August 2016
The physiotherapist took her time to explain the exercises in detail, that was used on the patient. Both the physiotherapist and the assistant took their time in showing me the routines of the day and preparing me for the physiotherapy world. Very cheerful environment.
Pros
Private Clinic
Cons
No chance of employment at that time
productive workplace
Medical Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON13 April 2016
amazing place to work at and get some experience, nice people to work with and a professional work environment. great place
Great place to work!
Physiotherapy Assistant (Current Employee) –  Whitby, ON20 January 2016
Great place to work! Staff very knowledgeable and caring. Very clean and sanitary. Clinic is operated with the upmost integrity.
Depends on where you are in Canada
Intake Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB25 September 2015
This company, for the most part really strives to welcome you and make sure you settle in in your position. The pay is pretty good depending on what you're doing however the location in which I was working was filled with gossip and cattyness like most office environments. Management changed almost as soon as I started and it went downhill from there as the new boss had some kind of mission to replace everyone that was already working there. I was also expected to do things outside of my job description and things I wasn't qualified to do which made my job harder than it was to begin with. I would highly recommend this company if you happen upon a great location with a great support team, this wasn't the case in my experience and it's unfortunate that it didn't work out.
Cons
Stressful, you bring the work home with you
Fun workplace
Administrative Coordinator (Current Employee) –  richmond bc10 February 2015
CBI is a pretty good company in terms of working atmosphere, my coworkers are nice and friendly, I do enjoy working with them, but I feel I am moving too slowly because of the company’s size. So, I want a more challenging job with more responsibility and new experience.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CBI Health Centre. Our community is ready to answer.