CBC/Radio-Canada

CBC/Radio-Canada Employee Reviews

Great place to be
It is a place that always have cuts depending on which gouvernement is being elected and which managers are taking the interest in different departments. Most departments or people know each other as they have often been promoted or taken another role. It is an evolving environment. It remains a crown company so it is not as stressful as the banking sector. I recommended it. A good school.
Très mauvais
Un environnement hypocrite et élitiste. Une honte pour un service public.
very relaxed place to work
This was a contract position....enjoyed my time at CBC

Relaxed and friendly....

.management was very good

director was very easy to talk with

employees friendly and easy to get along with
Great for benefits and for lifers
No chance of advancement. Top heavy, no vision. Nobody really cares to work there and it shows. Government funded so no real challenges more of a "as we go" type of attitude.

Great to get in and be union protected. Almost a job for life even when cutting staff!
Great people to work with, lots of stress but good goals and product.
Great teamwork among colleagues at the Fredericton location. Technology changes create a sometimes-stressful environment where things are always changing, and the many different generations of media are not easy to assimilate when required. People generally want the best for each other, and work together to create the best product possible.
Mostly contract work
Very top heavy managers to manage the management....Shortage of intermediate level
Downsizing all the time. Great broadcast centre sad that now it feels like a ghost ship
Rewarding and ever-changing
My role evolved quite a bit over the time I was there. So many amazing opportunities and experiences - meeting celebrities, contributing to incredible community fundraisers and events, supporting journalists and elevating the strongest brand in Canada.
Great experience
Love the company values. Inclusion, diversity and a environmentally friendly workplace. It's a great place to learn if you are a fascinated about tv..
Cbc
Have worked at CBC for over twenty years and when production is alive and busy it’s a wonderful place to work
There have been some ups and downs over the past few years but there are still many talented people who pour their heart and soul into the work they do
travail d'équipe agréable et tâches intéressantes à qui veut s'instruire
J'aime le travail d'équipe, et ce surtout dans des domaines ou l'on s'enrichit coté cognitif. Si le salaire est respectable, évidement que cela est un incitatif. La culture est un domaine dans lequel j'ai un immense intérêt y ayant travaillé pendant 15 ans et ayant aussi participé à la gestion de spectacles.
A place to work
I’ve had many good opportunities to be involved in many productions with many new job functions. Great learning environment with many experience coworker to Lend a helping hand
Paid the bills
Very political, have to align with culture. Otherwise everyone will complain that you are not respecting others. You also must be Left leaning or that will cause issues long term.
Administrative services dominated by poor management, non-existent planning and perpetual crisis
Highly unionized work environment resulting in entrenched paternalistic attitudes and expectations. Nothing is planned or measured, performance doesn't matter. What matters instead is being a good team player who does what they're asked without question. Job complexity reflects poor job structure and organization, which reflects poor or non-existent business processes. If media production at CBC wins accolades and can be considered its Dr. Jekyll, then administrative services are surely its Mr. Hyde.
Pros
Cons
Poor management
Sports
Baseball, Hockey, Football there are always opportunities to be involved in a wide range of C.B.C. activities. The travel adventures are among the best I have ever experienced
Pros
On Locatioin
Cons
Ambiance de tavail stressante et déplorable
A company where you can learn and leave to work somewhere else.
If you can get a position with the CBC consider yourself lucky. It’s one of the best environment and learning place that other workplace has.
Best environment I’ve ever worked at. I hope I can return and work for the corporation. They give plenty of training with the best people in the industry.
Great place
I've learned a lot during my 6 weeks of an intern. The location, the work, the team are making this assignment a very pleasant environment. I definitely enjoyed my time there and would jump at a full-time permanent position there for sure!
lots of opportunities
excellent company and working relationship, lotsa opportunities to upgrade and train...excellent benefits...very creative...inclusivity all around ...would recommend
Awesome team & challenging environment
Dynamic and complex, but a great place to learn. The management, and team altogether in Talent Acquisition in Montreal is exceptional. I've had an opportunity to work with several departments and have encountered (mostly) great people who are passionate about what they do, and how they contribute to what makes CBC/Radio-Canada great.
Pros
Management, flexible work arrangements
Cons
Budget restrictions, lack of permanent opportunities
Ambiente de trabajo multi-lingüe y profesional
El ambiente de trabajo es agradable, profesional y respetuoso. La diversidad étnica tomada muy en cuenta. Esto la hace una excelente empresa. Se hablan diferentes idiomas: Francés, Inglés, Español, Árabel, Mandarín, Portugués, Alemán. Es simplemente une empresa ejemplar.
A great place to work
A great work place .. we were all treated with respect and equally based on our performance. I enjoyed the team, the managers and the job. Colleagues were extremely helpful among each other.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at CBC/Radio-Canada. Our community is ready to answer.