CBC/Radio-Canada

CBC/Radio-Canada Employee Reviews

Equal employment opportunity provider. Work like is decently balanced. Though it depends a lot on which department are you working under. Most of the colleagues are very helpful and co-operative.
- All the managers show as if they are concerned but they hire you on contract and lay you off at any time- Managers especially of the OTTH team are very manipulative and big liars- Join on contract if and only if you have no other job in hand and keep looking, that's my suggestion.- Stop allowing your managers to use and throw employees on a contract, but you can not help as you even fired long term, permanent 130 employees.
19 November 2020
While we’re sorry to hear that your experience working with us was largely negative, the fact that you took the time to provide feedback is appreciated. It will help us work toward improving the organization as a whole, including how management teams can work to improve workplace culture. Employees are also always welcome to reach out to CBC/Radio-Canada’s Values and Ethics Commissioner for advice, or to file a formal complaint if they feel there has been a breach of our Code of Conduct. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us.
19 November 2020
collaborated with people from all kind of media background and knowledge of music and politics, learn about old media technology and entertainment. Interesting culture.
Hands-off approach to management, no mentoring and mild bullying. Blatant racism and anti-anglo sentiments go unchecked so I wouldn't recommend it to any POC. Pass-the-puck problem solving makes it extremely frustrating to find solutions. No accountability.
11 June 2020
Thanks for sharing this with us. First, we want to clarify that there are expectations for management to continuously improve and develop, just as there are for all employees. We are working to make improvements, with better training, and measurable expectations for managers. However, when it comes to racism of any kind, there is absolutely no place for it at CBC/Radio-Canada, full stop. It is so important for any employee who witnesses acts of racism to raise their voice in calling it out. If you don't feel comfortable doing so, please know that you have options: if you don't feel comfortable talking to your manager or your Media Solutions team's HR partner, you should absolutely flag your concerns about racism (or inappropriate behaviour of any kind that goes against our Code of Conduct) with Diane Girard, our Values and Ethics Commissioner (see URL below). Not only can she advise you about this or other situations, but when you speak with her, conversations are confidential. Furthermore, the decision to proceed with a formal complaint would be entirely up to you. Either way, we are very sorry to hear that your experience as an employee has not been positive, and we are here to support you if you want to reach out. https://cbc.radio-canada.ca/en/impact-and-accountability/values-and-ethics-commissionner
Worst management and day to day I've experienced in my long career of working in the same type of role / industry. Our team had a very bad culture, cultivated from years of bad management and zero leadership. If you like to work in a place where you go in the office, relax, go home, then this is your company. If you have any type of passion within you then stay away.
Ambiance agréable avec une équipe de travail soudée et productive
Lieu de travail agréable Collègues créatifs et collaborateurs Culture de travail changeante mais agréable Bon lieu pour développer des compétences administratives, en communication, en technologie et en programmation Milieu de travail qui est exigeant et parfois stressant selon l'occupation
Toxic work environment. Here performance does not matter instead there is a culture of favoritism and because of this work environment there is high employee turnover. In few of the teams employees have regular bully and harassment complaints.
Be nice , be careful, and honestly . You need be prepared for all situations . Be careful what you talking about you partner job . Only take care and make your job and day easy.
J'ai passé de nombreuses années à cette entreprise et j'ai été heureuse
3 weeks paid Annual Leave 2 weeks Sick Leave Serviced Editing Equipment in 4 different locations as required To be able to repair equipment 100% in a very short time A FULLY UNIONIZED WORKPLACE WITH A VERY GOOD WORKPLACE CULTURE EXCELLENT MANAGEMENT TO WORK FOR!
It is a place that always have cuts depending on which gouvernement is being elected and which managers are taking the interest in different departments. Most departments or people know each other as they have often been promoted or taken another role. It is an evolving environment. It remains a crown company so it is not as stressful as the banking sector. I recommended it. A good school.
Un environnement hypocrite et Ă©litiste. Une honte pour un service public.
This was a contract position....enjoyed my time at CBC Relaxed and friendly.... .management was very good director was very easy to talk with employees friendly and easy to get along with
No chance of advancement. Top heavy, no vision. Nobody really cares to work there and it shows. Government funded so no real challenges more of a "as we go" type of attitude. Great to get in and be union protected. Almost a job for life even when cutting staff!
Great teamwork among colleagues at the Fredericton location. Technology changes create a sometimes-stressful environment where things are always changing, and the many different generations of media are not easy to assimilate when required. People generally want the best for each other, and work together to create the best product possible.
Very top heavy managers to manage the management....Shortage of intermediate level Downsizing all the time. Great broadcast centre sad that now it feels like a ghost ship
My role evolved quite a bit over the time I was there. So many amazing opportunities and experiences - meeting celebrities, contributing to incredible community fundraisers and events, supporting journalists and elevating the strongest brand in Canada.
Love the company values. Inclusion, diversity and a environmentally friendly workplace. It's a great place to learn if you are a fascinated about tv..
Have worked at CBC for over twenty years and when production is alive and busy it’s a wonderful place to work There have been some ups and downs over the past few years but there are still many talented people who pour their heart and soul into the work they do
J'aime le travail d'équipe, et ce surtout dans des domaines ou l'on s'enrichit coté cognitif. Si le salaire est respectable, évidement que cela est un incitatif. La culture est un domaine dans lequel j'ai un immense intérêt y ayant travaillé pendant 15 ans et ayant aussi participé à la gestion de spectacles.
  1. Employee reviews