Cavendish Farms Employee Reviews

Productive and fun place to work.
Seasonal Iventory Control Clerk (Former Employee) –  O'Leary, PE29 January 2019
Enjoyed working for this company learned many interesting job duties . Found the supervision was very supportive working as a team no task was not completed .
great business to work for
Potato Grader/Bagger (Former Employee) –  Coleman, PE8 January 2019
really cared about their employees! great hours and a great starting wage.. wonderful staff to work with everyday. overall no complaints with cavendish
Productive sales driven work environment
Forklift Operator/Shipper/Receiver (Former Employee) –  Prince Edward Island7 January 2019
a typical day at cavendish farms in the freezer was very much repetitive assembly line type tasks, some of the challenges included but are not limited to; communication, problem solving, product sourcing, computer/system issues and forklift maintenance.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the social aspect as many different people are employed there.
Great place to work to gain great work experience
Packaging Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB4 December 2018
12 hour shifts that can be very demanding but rewarding at the end of the day. I've learned great management skills, how to trust in myself, and working with others. Hardest part of the job is the shift rotations between days and night. But the feeling of working with others as a team and working towards achieving results is very satisfying.
Pros
Days off during the week
Cons
Over Time and shift rotations destroy a persons personal life
productive and fun place to work.
Junior Quality Assurance Technician (Current Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB4 December 2018
I enjoy my work culture at Cavendish Farms. we are encouraged to be pro active in health and safety and quality is Always number one. really nice place to work.
Pros
good wages
Cons
12hr shifts.
Strenuous, uninspiring work
General Labourer (Current Employee) –  Prince Edward Island12 October 2018
Not good for artists or those who desire self expression. Excellent for anyone just trying to make some money. Very repetitive and unfulfilling work for General Labour. Lots of room to move up, though.
Benefits
Cons
Shift work
Good Place To Work
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  New Annan, PE30 January 2018
With what they offer you, even when beginning as a General Laborer, it is a great place if you are looking for employment opportunity as well as a career.
Interesting work but...
Packaging (Current Employee) –  Prince Edward Island30 January 2018
This is a perfect description! =>there was a double standard, and certain people were allowed to disregard the rules. was hard to know which set of rules to follow. supervisors were nice for the most part but once again depended on who you were. if they liked you, then you had no worries but if they took a dislike then you had to watch your back cause they would write you up and punish you for minor infractions so as to build a case to have one fired.
Pros
Busy, Interesting work
Cons
Management. Bad use of company time. A lot of lazy people.
Cavendish Farms
Utility Plant Services (Former Employee) –  Summerside, PE11 January 2018
Great place to work.
Lots of opportunity to advance.
Great start out pay, downside is alot of clicky people. Can be discouraging. Employees seem to have a sense of entitlement and do not like to train new people.
Pros
great pay
Cons
clicky people
Present Position - Assistant Credit Manager (Current Employee) –  Moncton, NB27 October 2017
Good work environment, supportive management, satisfactory salary, opportunities to move up, the office is new and has a gym and cafeteria, my department works well together to reach our goals.
I loved working on my own travelling selling
Sales (Former Employee) –  Dieppe, NB17 July 2017
Cavendish farms was an excellent job. I loved travelling selling and the social aspect of the position.
I left work after having 3 children and I have stayed home 16 years to raise them. Time to get back out there and have some fun.
Part time is best for me, my children are all in High School and still need me around
Pros
Awesome . Social, Fun selling is effortless for me
Had an opportunity to move up
Territory Manager New Brunswick & PEI (Former Employee) –  New Brunswick4 January 2017
I enjoyed my time at Cavendish Farms but there was no room for advancement and I had an opportunity to go to another level and I decided to move on after some thought.
very fast paced
Produce Packaging (Former Employee) –  Wheatley, ON13 December 2016
This plant was a very fast paced environment. It had long hours
but unfortunately it never had any overtime. They moved you around so there was packing one day and sorting another day. There was always a strong smell of onions in the air
Pros
long weekends
Qa
Quality Assurance Controller (Former Employee) –  Kensington, PE1 February 2016
This was a learning job. Was fun to learn a whole other aspect of what is takes to get french fries on the table. Learned customer specification and the importance of quality food for our country as will as other countries and states around the world.
Team Environment
Labour Relations Administrator (Current Employee) –  Dieppe, NB28 January 2016
Tasks vary everyone helps each other out. Working at Cavendish Farms I learned a lot about the office environment, the way it operates and the environment in general.
cavendish farms
utility position (Former Employee) –  PE28 September 2015
Pros
4 days on 4 days off
Cons
hard to get time off
shift work job
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Kensington, PE7 September 2015
It was a shift work job. There were lots of employees, many different personalities. It was a good job for someone who enjoys being inside and on their feet all day.
Pros
Good salary
Cons
shift work
Great pay
General Labourer (Current Employee) –  New Annan, PE10 July 2015
Lots of manual labour but great pay. Co-workers and most supervisors are easy to get along with. Not a fan of management upstairs.
Cons
Long hours, overnights, shift work
Great Company to work for
QCI / General laborer/Line worker (Former Employee) –  Wheatley, ON6 March 2015
This company is very great, everyone is always helpful. The hardest part of the job was working in the different temperatures, pack room is really cold and cook room is very hot
Pros
fri, sat, sun off
Cons
12 shifts
Great job
General labourer (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB19 August 2014
My experience at Cavendish farms was great, I worked with a great team, whom constantly worked with me to strive for my own success. I only left this job because I moved back to the east coast