Cavalia Employee Reviews

Not the greatest employer
Administrateur TI en tournée (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC4 January 2020
Very low salaries especially on tour. Poor owner management that unfortunately brings the company down more than it should with poor marketing campaigns that did not promote the shows well.
Pros
Touring life is awesome
Cons
everything else.
Horrible management
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC30 December 2019
Overall I hated working at Cavalia. The management was terrible and extremely disorganized (when you're done with a chore, you have to search for your manager and ask what to do next instead of simply having a list of tasks to complete). However, the job itself was easy to do, no experience required.
Pros
Good chance of being hired
Cons
management
Cavalia
Hôtesse (Current Employee) –  Laval, QC13 November 2019
J’adore travaillé pour eux puisque je choisi les jours que je veux travailler et qu ils respectent entièrement mes demandes.
Interesting& challenging job
Logistics / Site Manager (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC25 June 2019
Great company with nice people, the only downside was the nature of the job (showbiz) always on the road. Not the desired job for a family oriented man.
Excellent workplace
Agente de centre d'appel (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC18 March 2019
Great work experience. You work mainly under different supervisors who are there to help you improve. When you start working there, you receive a good training that helps you succeed at the job.

It is not a difficult job, but can cause stress because of the high volume of calls at once. The hours are difficult because you can be asked to work really late when selling tickets to countries with a different time zone.
An artistic learning experience
Receptionist / Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC7 March 2019
A typical day at work was a very busy one. There, being able to multi-task was a must. A day would consist of shipping packages, filling, verifying invoices and sending out checks to vendors.

From this experience, i learned a lot more than i expected to learn about accounting, which surprisingly for me was a joy
Pros
Enthusiastic team work
Cons
Salary
great working with horses
groom (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC18 November 2018
you start your day by washing and preparing the horses for the show and or media even . wash brush and powder protections for shows on days off you disinfect protections . Check each of your horses for any cuts scraps or illnesses that can occur, help with feeding, washing towels , washing saddle pads , oiling bridals, washing bits , washing and oiling saddles, walking horses,warming up horses before and during performances. reporting and injuries to the vet teach and communication with riders
Pros
better understanding of horses and show business
Cons
no free time
ambiance de travail
Service à la clientèle (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC24 September 2018
C'est vraiment une bonne ambiance pour travailler, le staff est toujours attentifs par rapport à ton bien être.
Pros
billets gratuits
Cons
salaire restreint
so so palce to work
Parking Attendant (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB6 September 2018
i worked for cavalia and it was a fun place to work i got to meet many diffrent people from all over the world but the pay wasn't great hours were long and management wasn't any nicer either
Pros
fun and energetic place to work
Cons
long hours, managment is rude
Amazing Place to Learn
Stable Hand (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB4 July 2018
I am a local stable hand at Cavalia, I had experience with horses, but not in a stable setting. They teach you everything you need to know. It is a really hard job in the sense that it is physical work, and you are required to lift heavy objects (hay bales, bags of shavings, full water buckets). I work the night shift, and I prefer it to the day shift. My typical day is: muck stalls, do water buckets, sweep, groom horses, walk horses, give hay, pick stalls, give grain, pick stalls, top water buckets, give hay, and then close stable (sweep, blankets, windows etc.). The day shift is more like : muck stalls, do water buckets, wash walls and help with turnout. My favourite part of my job was working with horses and my awesome co-workers, and I would say my least favourite part would be the time crunch sometimes, and I would really have to work hard to get everything done.
Pros
Free awesome food, a ticket to see the show, meeting people from all over the world
Cons
Really hard physical work
Environnement agréable
Département des concessions alimentaires (Former Employee) –  Laval, QC11 June 2018
Bon emploi d'été pour les jeunes. Bien pour apprendre le travail d'équipe.
Exciting place to work but absolutely no work/life balance and bad management
Groom (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC30 April 2018
I loved the fact that we got to travel everywhere and the people working there were great, but It was super unorganized and no direction whatsoever. .
Pros
great people
Cons
You pretty much lived at work
Great seasonal job
Seasonal Position - Usher (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 February 2018
Learned a lot about ushering and how the show business works, was a great seasonal job , got to see the show several times which was a perk as well as meeting a variety of different people from all ends of the world.
Pros
Got to see the show for free
Cons
It was seasonal
Envirronement
Groom / entraineur (Former Employee) –  Sutton, QC21 November 2017
Grand respect des animaux et super belle ambiance .
Great place, beautiful horses
Stable Hand (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON17 November 2017
Amazing environment to work in, lovely people, and even more lovely horses. Day usually begins at 7, finishing around 3:30. HEAVY WORK, LOTS OF LIFTING. If you don't intend on putting in lots of work, don't consider this job. Over 65 horses to care for!!

Were given a small discount to the show
Pros
Discount to show, Handling horses
Cons
Locals have no access to cafeteria food, low pay
My time there was not great
Groom (Former Employee) –  Sutton, QC27 September 2017
The only reason I didn't enjoy my experience with Cavalia is because it was the retirement farm and it was managed very poorly. Also the horses were treated like glass that you weren't allowed to discipline. Also they attacked you and the managers never ever took it seriously.
Pros
famous horses
Cons
long hard work aswell as potential danger
A productive, friendly, and welcoming workplace environment
Runner (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON2 August 2017
Obtained the ability to deal with all kinds of customers and attend to various types of complaints and concerns.

Learned how to get along with fellow co-workers

Learned how to deal with different kinds of supervisors
Pros
30 minute break
Cons
Standing for long hours
hot and tiring
Parking Attendant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB27 April 2017
was out in the sun most of the time so u had to carry water with you, supervisor was a nice person very friendly made working there a really great time
belle expérience
Placière (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC27 April 2017
j'ai vraiment apprécié travailler avec des chevaux
Fun and comfortable workplace
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC21 February 2017
Working at Cavalia was a great experience. I learned excellent communication and customer service skills, as well as how to accommodate potentially difficult customers. It was a very friendly and comfortable working environment which translated directly to the success of our work. Our manager set a tone in the workplace very conducive to a productive and efficient work atmosphere.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cavalia. Our community is ready to answer.