CAUSEWORX Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Run! Do not walk...
Former Employee (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 April 2018
Smoke and mirrors for first while until they can figure out how to manipulate you....toxic and very unhealthy environment. Constant turn over due to extremely poor management
P.S. - they write their own glowing reviews to bump rating.
Great Place To Work
Fundraiser (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB26 March 2018
I was a full time fundraiser at Causeworx for 11 months. I enjoyed my time with Causeworx. I would recommend this organization to anyone seeking employment.

One of the strongest elements of this organization is the management. I had no prior experience in the fundraising industry, and the management team at Causeworx, took the time to ensure that I was properly trained. They would also touch base once in a while just to see if they would be able to offer any extra support. I can honestly say that this was one of the most supportive management teams that I have ever worked for. It really is something that I value as an employee, and I feel that it is one of the many outstanding qualities that make Causeworx such a great place to work.

Another great feature about Causeworx, simply put, is the kind of work that you are doing. Causeworx provides you with the opportunity to spend your days working to make a difference for so many deserving causes. It is such a rewarding job and you really feel that you have accomplished so much at the end of each shift.

I truly do not feel that there was any 'con' to working for Causeworx. Something that individuals considering working for Causeworx may want to think about, is if working from home is the right fit. I really enjoyed working from home, it was something that worked really well for me, just I would encourage possible future fundraisers to just evaluate how they would feel working from home.

I must say though, management does a great job at ensuring that Causeworx is really a workplace, rather than you simply login, make
  more... your calls, and log out. Management has successfully created a work environment, where even though you are dialling from home, you know that you are part of a supportive workplace community. Therefore, working from home does not feel as isolating as one may imagine it to be.

I thoroughly enjoyed working for this organization and I would recommend it to anyone who is seeking employment.
Pros
Positive and Supportive Work Environment, Very Inspiring Work
Great Team to work with!!
Telefundraiser (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 January 2018
This was an amazing team of people to work with. Causeworx lets you work from the comfort of your own home. The managers will help you through the process of learning how to effectively communicate with the clients and raise money for some wonderful charities. my managers were good teachers and helped me feel like I was an asset to their team even on my worst days. They are motivational and understanding.The company gives great incentives and offers very informative training so that you will never feel lost.
Incredible Culture
TELEFUNDRAISER (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 August 2016
This company has a great go-get-em attitude and will do anything they can for you. The work is stressful and high pressure with little down time and every day starts at zero. The management is the perfect balance of hands on, while allowing their team to work without micro-managing. Fantastic all round team that is based in respect, feedback, and cooperation.

The job can get repetitive and wear on your sense of the Wide World of Fundraising, but it is balanced out with the satisfaction of doing a good deed while completing a good days work.

Co-workers are quick to support you and interested in finding resolution to issues that may arise. You must be ready to speak up and have to have a strong self of self motivation to succeed. There is no room for hand holding. Days are long and your passion for the people is what carries you through. If you don't like establishing relationships over long distances, this isn't for you. If you thrive with high expectation, high performance, and multitasking, you will love it here!

It's all about the relationship you can build quickly over the phone, with nothing but the sound of your voice and the tones you communicate with. Pretty cool if you think about it.
Pros
Incredible work relationships
Cons
Long hours, incentive structure
Starts off great, Goes down hill real quick
Employee (Former Employee) –  Canada27 July 2016
They make a great first impression and that is where it ends. They talk about transparency when you are hired but its all lies. They talk the talk but don't walk the walk. Some of the management are really nice and helpful and some I don't know how they still have jobs. People skills for "Coaches or team leaders" should be top priority and there is one particular "coach" who is very hot and cold. One minute she is overly almost sarcastically nice, and the other minute she is talking to you like a child. I have never been talked down to in my life like this woman has done. I have spoken with others and it seems to be a comment across the board. There are also way too many cooks in the kitchen. All of the managers seems to have the same job , title, and position. It is extremely ineffective. Great job for a couple of months and then you will start to see the big cracks in their infrastructure. Poorly Run.
Pros
Money is decent
Cons
unorganized, Poorly Run, Some managerial staff are not cut out for their positions, They are not consistent with their message, They do not produce what they say they are going to. Smoke and Mirrors first impression
horrible experience
Tele-fundraiser (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON14 March 2016
Seemed like a good company at first.
During my first shift, I was monitored and 'coached' so much to the point of harassment. It was an awful experience.
In addition, I was calling elder people living in the U.S. who were living on a fixed income and hardly had any money. This job is morally wrong.
So I quit because of the harassment and they did not pay me for the two days I took off my regular full time job for their training. I am currently fighting this through the Ontario ministry of labor, and have also registered this company on BBB.
Pros
it's all for a good cause, at least I think it is.
Cons
way too much pressure and monitoring/coaching/pressure/harassment.
Never again
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 January 2016
Working from home is great, but self employed at this rate of pay per hr does not add up at the end. They say you can choice your hours of work but you are scheduled. They will call you if your numbers drop or just cancel your shift. There is not real training. If your into this type of treatment you'll love this job if not run...run for the hills.
Pros
great charites and causes
Cons
too pushy on sales
not a stable company with a growth for advancement and does not include work challenges to learn.
Quality and Assurance Coordinator / Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 September 2015
It is a home-based work company. I love that the company works for "not for profit" and for a good cause. Causeworx was an end result of a former company called Echo which filed bankruptcy and open a new one under Causeworx - which started great having top of the line clients but because it is not properly managed it resulted to employees being affected of their daily work. Each employees work function and role was not being put into place as they started to just fit you in into all kinds of roles none where you can own your responsibilities. Management started to deteriorate and had gaps with employees as they did not seem to be transparent with how the company was going on. The company was promising could it have been handled properly.
Pros
Working from home
Cons
No career advancement, unpaid extra work hours