CAUSEWORX

CAUSEWORX Employee Reviews

Canada27 reviews
Telefundraising
Great interview hired in telephone interview was flattering. Started training work at home! I passed having skills great voice intrviewed with Manager. It seemed we hit it off! Suddenly for no reason i was terminated? Asked. Jobquestions
Horrible place to work
I would not reccomend anyone to work here. Just horrible. You do what they asked and told your doing a great job and then boom they just let you go without reason
Revolving Door
COVID-19 played a big role in my dismissal after less than 3 weeks. After a week, there were only 3 people left of the group I had trained will. I believe there were 9 of us to start with.

My first pay, there was 11 hours missing! I'm not sure if they are going to pay me for that! I think if they're going to have you raise funds for a religious organization, maybe they should ask you first if you'd have a problem with that. I'm atheist! Not a good fit definitely! They do have other campaigns but I was put on a religious fundraising campaign.

Everyone is hanging on tight to their money, so they aren't giving. I believe that all the numbers are low, for every agent! Calls were all the same "we want to wait until this is over". This was the theme for most of the calls. Day after day, I'd see the agents being dismissed because where they were previously scheduled, they would be unscheduled and their schedules would be blacked out. I knew that my time was coming too and sure enough, got a call about an hour before shift. I'm sure that the people they were letting go, including myself, are excellent at what they do, but NOT at this time with what is going on with COVID-19, NO ONE HAS MONEY TO GIVE!
Good pay terrible hours, and too many calls
too many fundraising calls, and terrible hours for the week, split days off weekends is not together, would of enjoyed it more if hours was not late in the day and 2 days off per week together
It's great. Work from home doing meaningful campaigns that help animals and people
You get to work from home. The interview process was over the phone so you don't have to dress up for the job ever. I had very little past experience with this type of job but during the interview, training, and on the job I got as much support or more as I did at any other job. Management has been patient with my mistakes (even when its the same thing a few times). The training and on the job runs smoother than I was expecting since its relying on software, internet and people working from home. Especially considering I started right as the Vice president is unable to work full time and the rest of the management is still running things smoothly. Management is always a quick message away to help when you are in trouble on a call. (used lots in the 1st week). In the end its all for a good cause which makes it extra good. I like the long lunch, you can get things done around the house on lunch instead of after work and let your voice rest. You get 2 days off a week just like any other job in general except its one day a week and Sunday. You can sign up for extra hours anytime. The salary is good to start but since you work from home there is no benefits but you do work from home so at least you are less likely to be injured physically. Well getting to work or while working anyways. I like being on the phones calling people but there are a few different things you can advance to like training, coaching, interviewing and management. Management gives you info and tips to go over after your calls to improve your skills through out your learning curve while on the job. Everyone works - more...
Amazing Place to Work
The experience that I have had working at CAUSEWORX has been absolutely amazing. Management is so supportive and accommodating. I have never felt better going to work. Being able to work from home is an amazing benefit to be able to handle a busy work and home life. I have never felt so welcomed coming to work and always feeling appreciated. I know that my time and work ethic is valued and appreciated. This is such an amazing company to work for the work that is done daily is truly amazing and making a difference in so many lives. I would recommend CAUSEWORX to anyone that is looking for employment and wanted an inviting and amazing work experience.
Run!!! Don't walk
Absolute WORST experience ever. I had one person, a very confused senior that answered the phone who was still in the hospital, in the process of being released when they answered the phone, and I was being pressured on the back end to push this person 3x asking for their donation. It didn't matter how old, or confused, or how poor they were, hit 'em up, and don't stop until they give you something is their basic motto. It was horrible. I couldn't do it more than a few days before I had to leave. If that's the kind of work you enjoy, then go for it. Otherwise, RUN.

And how they treat you? is just as bad or worse. Maybe one-day training, and then you're tossed onto the phone with someone whispering in your ear to do this, do that, say this, say that.

You have to supply your own equipment, phone, everything, and their system was so antiquated it was laughable.

Truly the worst place I have ever worked, and that is saying a lot.
Pros
None.
Cons
Too many to list.
Horrible Experience
It started out well, with lots of support and encouragement.
Unfortunately, things went down hill pretty fast - as in after 3 days!

They don't give you time to learn the job, they expect you to be perfect at it within days, or you're out! In other words, expectations are unrealistic.

You have to buy your own headset and use your own computer and internet.

I don't usually post negative reviews about employers, because I'm naturally not a malicious or vindictive person.....but I'm putting this out there as a WARNING to save people the trouble and wasted time and effort - believe me, IT'S NOT WORTH IT SO DON'T APPLY!
Pros
working from home
Cons
Not enough time to learn the job
Not worth it
You are begging people for money and when they are clearly not able to give you any you need to ask them another 3 times or get in trouble. You must work every Saturday with one day off a week. Issues beyond your control such as your power being interrupted due to matienence will get you fired. $50 headset to buy to start.
Loved the companies we did work for.
Loved helping Sick Kids but management needs help as well as systems, and pay. ......................................................................... If they could change those things they may have more people wanting to work for them.
Causeworx Made Work Rewarding
Causeworx was a suite of fundraising companies with the focus on helping worthy causes. This was a wonderful part of the job that know every dollar I brought in created hope and prosperity for others. Working from home was excellent as it allowed me the freedom to relax in my space as well as concentrate on my work. I very much enjoyed working with Causeworx.
Pros
Uplifting environment on the phones, weekly pay, flexible schedules, good people to work with.
Cons
Redundant unpaid training hours, did not follow through with their incentive pay program after completion.
SCAM! 3rd party meaning they butt in and take donation dollars for them
Their ad runs 24/7/365 because they cannot keep anyone! people are disposable. Since they are 3rd party it means they take a portion of the donation to keep for themselves. This means they are for profit! And they will send you home if they run out of calls or you aren't making goals that day. Get hired and then be told oh sorry we do not have any work right now.
Pros
Good at tricking new people that they are good to have there
Cons
everything
Ok place to work
It’s nice to work from home, the staff are very understandable about you need to miss days, .hardest part of my day is being away from my kids . I do feel that am making a difference ,
Poorly managed
It starts out being a great place. You feel appreciated and valued...but that all changes very quickly. If you are not meeting your impossible goals, you are let go. If there is an issue with a client, you are let go. If there is a change in the business, you are let go.

The turnover rate here is scary. The intake groups are rushed through a day and a half of inadequate training and usually only 1 or 2 out of 6 make it. You are not paid for training and are expected to purchase your own equipment, only to find out that because you said something wrong while begging for money from an elderly person, you're being let go.

The turnover rate isn't just with the fundraisers either. During my time here I had several changes to my manager and team lead, all within a couple months. They seem to switch leaders from place to place every month or two, making it impossible to know who to ask questions to.

All in all an awful experience. Would not recommend to anyone.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Horrible management, no benefits, no job security
The Support and Staff are Amazing
The staff were wonderful and very supportive. The hardest part is that this was my first job in this field. Even though I had customer service experience if people have no money they can't donate and no mater how silver tongued you are will not loosen their purse strings. I had more nos due to no job or on limited income than anything and could not meet the required targets.
Mostly positive experience working @ Causeworx.
It is definitely not a job for the faint of heart. The job itself is quite challenging throughout the day, as you are constantly working at asking people for donations, not the easiest to begin with. Overall though, in terms of staff support, really good! I have only been at Causeworx for a bit now, and I have worked in similar environments at home and out of home, and I must say that this is a pretty tight-knit community. My co-workers seem quite easy to get along with, as well as being very supportive and encouraging throughout the day. As far as management goes, not to sure about them yet. I have only met 2 in management positions, one was my trainer and she is absolutely amazing, easy to work with. The other I only met through one personal email, and that's about it. The rest of management don't really poke their heads out, which is unfortunate. The other trainer I had was an absolute GEM. She is upbeat and positive, and whenever she reaches out, it's always something positive and uplifting. I can sense the sincerity in her voice. She is really the only one who reaches out to me periodically. (staff-wise)
As our work is all done virtually, I would think they would have more of a solid system in place for support. My co-workers are pretty much the support team, but they are pretty amazing!(so far as it's only been a bit)

In summary, if you enjoy this type of work, (and they are really great causes we work on behalf of....it makes it all worthwhile at the end of a hard days' work) I would recommend this company.
Pros
Solid tight knit community, very encouraging and uplifting. Working for the different causes are inspiring!
Cons
Don't get to meet the 'higher-ups; the management, only 1 or 2 of them, and that is pretty much only in the hiring process.
Pass on the Causeworx Experience
Although a unique philanthropic inspired opportunity, the lack of experience, skill, and direction within the management team, lends to Causeworx missing the mark on a multitude of levels; an indulgent group failing to fulfill the company's promoted vision. Operations are a repetitive cycle of disorganization, uncertainty, and toxicity. These self inflicted roadblocks, combined with the resulting high turnover rate, stagnate further legitimate business development and impede potential charitable partnerships.
Overall A Good Company
The company does a decent job of treating their people well. They do their best and have good intentions. A typical day would have you working hard from start to finish, with the possibility of unpaid overtime. The management is kind hearted and wants the best for you but also expects the best from the word go. You must perform or you will be let go. The culture is mostly done on a group wall on Salesforce. You get phone calls and emails from supervisors. The hardest part of the job is dealing with unhappy and poor people, whether they are managers or donors. The most enjoyable part of the job is the ability to work from home.
Pros
Good intentions, phone calls, doing something good
Cons
Long hours, minimal pay, high goals
Run! Do not walk...
Smoke and mirrors for first while until they can figure out how to manipulate you....toxic and very unhealthy environment. Constant turn over due to extremely poor management
P.S. - they write their own glowing reviews to bump rating.
Great Place To Work
I was a full time fundraiser at Causeworx for 11 months. I enjoyed my time with Causeworx. I would recommend this organization to anyone seeking employment.

One of the strongest elements of this organization is the management. I had no prior experience in the fundraising industry, and the management team at Causeworx, took the time to ensure that I was properly trained. They would also touch base once in a while just to see if they would be able to offer any extra support. I can honestly say that this was one of the most supportive management teams that I have ever worked for. It really is something that I value as an employee, and I feel that it is one of the many outstanding qualities that make Causeworx such a great place to work.

Another great feature about Causeworx, simply put, is the kind of work that you are doing. Causeworx provides you with the opportunity to spend your days working to make a difference for so many deserving causes. It is such a rewarding job and you really feel that you have accomplished so much at the end of each shift.

I truly do not feel that there was any 'con' to working for Causeworx. Something that individuals considering working for Causeworx may want to think about, is if working from home is the right fit. I really enjoyed working from home, it was something that worked really well for me, just I would encourage possible future fundraisers to just evaluate how they would feel working from home.

I must say though, management does a great job at ensuring that Causeworx is really a workplace, rather than you simply login, make
 - more...
Pros
Positive and Supportive Work Environment, Very Inspiring Work
Great Team to work with!!
This was an amazing team of people to work with. Causeworx lets you work from the comfort of your own home. The managers will help you through the process of learning how to effectively communicate with the clients and raise money for some wonderful charities. my managers were good teachers and helped me feel like I was an asset to their team even on my worst days. They are motivational and understanding.The company gives great incentives and offers very informative training so that you will never feel lost.