CAUSEWORX

CAUSEWORX Employee Reviews

As someone whose been on the other side of it, DO NOT ask about their kids that have passed. Thats messed up and we don't appreciate it. You are a telemarketer, being people for money, that's it. They sugar coat it a LOT.
Pros
Hours. Convenience
Cons
asking abour personal sick children. Sugar coating.
The review that was posted on November 25, 2020 saying the management was extremely supportive is wrong and was posted by the management 100%. I have asked questions that still haven't been answered weeks ago when they say they'll get back to me. I messaged on google hangouts because I was in a call with a donor on my third day and didn't know this one thing when taking their bank information and it took them 15 minutes to respond when they JUST posted they were the person that's assisting for the night. Sure, they're good when it comes to the scheduling but you saying they "allow" make up time, no you OWE make up time to them. It even says it on their scheduling. You're not changing any donors lives, you're asking money from one person struggling with COVID and being on assisted living to another. You would have to be heartless to enjoy working here. The turnover rate is high for a reason.
Pros
Cons
Unsupportive Management
My employment at CAUSEWORX has been nothing but positive; from the moment I started, the extremely supportive management team has always been there for me, even after the two weeks of full time zoom training; there are always at least 3 or 4 different members all available at the same time, who are all trying to help you be the best fundraiser you can be. If a manager notices that you are making a mistake or that you are doing something incorrectly, they let you know right away, but they always provide a solution and a reason; they don't just tell you that you are wrong and leave it at that. There is NO COMISSION, and NO COLD CALLING, which makes it an incredibly stable and stress-free environment to work in, and even the people that we call can tell that we are not your typical commission sales reps. My fellow fundraisers are all motivated and driven to do better, simply by knowing that the better they do, the more people that they will help. I simply cannot stress enough how amazing the management team is, and that they will answer emails, google hangouts messages, or text messages within SECONDS of you sending it. The flexibility of their scheduling is incredible; they are very accommodating to any last-minute things that may come up, and always allow for make-up shifts. The "work from home" aspect is also very nice, however make sure that you have a stable internet connection, because I missed about a week of work because my wi-fi from Freedom Mobile kept shutting down and I had to get a new provider. As a fundraiser, I speak with thousands of people a day, and many of them - more...
Pros
Supportive Management
Cons
Internet-dependent
This company has no conscience. It’s all about the money, not the “cause.” I was “coached” because I didn’t continue asking for money when the other person in the phone was broke, out of work and sick with cancer - the manager showed zero humanity - “you still need to make the second ask.” They find every way to lower the pay - only paid for phone time. These folks are the reason fundraising has a horrible rep. Calling up widows who once have $20 to squeeze them for another $30 (most of which goes to Causeworx NOT the charity) was a horrible, dehumanizing experience- I felt I should grow a handlebar moustache and change my name to Snidely Whiplash. Only a sociopath could enjoy this job.
Pros
Cons
No ethics
Working at Causeworx is fun. The staff is very understanding and they work with you to improve your stats.The pay is average but works well as a part time job. If you're looking for a challenge and want to improve your customer service skills, Causeworx is the place for you! All in all I give it two thumbs up :)
Pros
remote work
Cons
no medical/dental benefits
Causeworx has the most kind-hearted, free-spirited, all-female management team who will take the time to train you and who will always remain on-hand ready to support you. They helped me realize a latent skillset of connecting with people, while remaining safe working from home. Also, Causeworx promotes camaraderie between fellow co-workers; during each shift the managers encouraged us to work as a team on campaigns together. Overall, I'd rate my experience working for Causeworx as excellent. The hardest part of the job is meeting the technological requirements. But the best part is soul connecting with the people.
Pros
working from home
Cons
steep technological learning curve
I love my job at Causeworx. I get to help different causes from the comfort of my own home. The culture is inclusive and encouraging. Management is excellent. There's always someone around to help and encourage you to become a better fundraiser. The most rewarding part of the job is knowing that your work makes a difference.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
No benefits
This is a great job especially for the times we live in. There are no benefits other than being treated like a real human being. The job is fun and better than any telemarketing job. It's about doing something that matters and at the same time you make some decent money. Good pay, full time hours and a full team of support.
Pros
you're treated like a human being
Cons
can be challenging at times
Working at CAUSEWORX has given me numerous memorable experiences and skills. To start off with the management is 10/10 all being super supportive, understanding, motivated, and kind. Though this is my first fundraising job the training was wonderful, I have never felt alone, if anything was unclear one of the team leaders are there to help out right away, there is ongoing mentoring/training every step of the way. The job is advocating for many meaningful charities, spreading the word, getting donations. Every single day you get to speak with someone new, and have those different, unique conversations. To add this is a work from home position, you would be in the comfort of your own home from the interview, to training, to your first day at the job. You get a break every 2 hours which is amazing for you to rest a bit, grab a snack, get other things done etc. The team, the other fundraisers, everyone is overall incredible to work with.
Pros
very encouraging and uplifting, working to make a difference, management is very understanding and supportive, great co workers, great hours, decent pay
Cons
haven't found one yet
i love working here its amazing to work for so relax and the people are soo caring and helpful. everyone is like a big group of friends. the wok we all do is amazing work for charities.
This job exceeded my expectations tremendously. I was a bit apprehensive of working from home as the other remote jobs i had lacked in communication and was disorganized. At Causeworx you have a short but highly effective 3 day training with very clear understanding of how to properly do this job well. The trainers Cathy and Katrina do a tremendous job.
Pros
Decent wage. Excellent trainers. Remote
Cons
Haven’t found one yet.
I would not reccomend anyone to work here. Just horrible. You do what they asked and told your doing a great job and then boom they just let you go without reason
COVID-19 played a big role in my dismissal after less than 3 weeks. After a week, there were only 3 people left of the group I had trained will. I believe there were 9 of us to start with. My first pay, there was 11 hours missing! I'm not sure if they are going to pay me for that! I think if they're going to have you raise funds for a religious organization, maybe they should ask you first if you'd have a problem with that. I'm atheist! Not a good fit definitely! They do have other campaigns but I was put on a religious fundraising campaign. Everyone is hanging on tight to their money, so they aren't giving. I believe that all the numbers are low, for every agent! Calls were all the same "we want to wait until this is over". This was the theme for most of the calls. Day after day, I'd see the agents being dismissed because where they were previously scheduled, they would be unscheduled and their schedules would be blacked out. I knew that my time was coming too and sure enough, got a call about an hour before shift. I'm sure that the people they were letting go, including myself, are excellent at what they do, but NOT at this time with what is going on with COVID-19, NO ONE HAS MONEY TO GIVE!
too many fundraising calls, and terrible hours for the week, split days off weekends is not together, would of enjoyed it more if hours was not late in the day and 2 days off per week together
You get to work from home. The interview process was over the phone so you don't have to dress up for the job ever. I had very little past experience with this type of job but during the interview, training, and on the job I got as much support or more as I did at any other job. Management has been patient with my mistakes (even when its the same thing a few times). The training and on the job runs smoother than I was expecting since its relying on software, internet and people working from home. Especially considering I started right as the Vice president is unable to work full time and the rest of the management is still running things smoothly. Management is always a quick message away to help when you are in trouble on a call. (used lots in the 1st week). In the end its all for a good cause which makes it extra good. I like the long lunch, you can get things done around the house on lunch instead of after work and let your voice rest. You get 2 days off a week just like any other job in general except its one day a week and Sunday. You can sign up for extra hours anytime. The salary is good to start but since you work from home there is no benefits but you do work from home so at least you are less likely to be injured physically. Well getting to work or while working anyways. I like being on the phones calling people but there are a few different things you can advance to like training, coaching, interviewing and management. Management gives you info and tips to go over after your calls to improve your skills through out your learning curve while on the job. Everyone works - more...
The experience that I have had working at CAUSEWORX has been absolutely amazing. Management is so supportive and accommodating. I have never felt better going to work. Being able to work from home is an amazing benefit to be able to handle a busy work and home life. I have never felt so welcomed coming to work and always feeling appreciated. I know that my time and work ethic is valued and appreciated. This is such an amazing company to work for the work that is done daily is truly amazing and making a difference in so many lives. I would recommend CAUSEWORX to anyone that is looking for employment and wanted an inviting and amazing work experience.
Absolute WORST experience ever. I had one person, a very confused senior that answered the phone who was still in the hospital, in the process of being released when they answered the phone, and I was being pressured on the back end to push this person 3x asking for their donation. It didn't matter how old, or confused, or how poor they were, hit 'em up, and don't stop until they give you something is their basic motto. It was horrible. I couldn't do it more than a few days before I had to leave. If that's the kind of work you enjoy, then go for it. Otherwise, RUN. And how they treat you? is just as bad or worse. Maybe one-day training, and then you're tossed onto the phone with someone whispering in your ear to do this, do that, say this, say that. You have to supply your own equipment, phone, everything, and their system was so antiquated it was laughable. Truly the worst place I have ever worked, and that is saying a lot.
Pros
None.
Cons
Too many to list.
Great interview hired in telephone interview was flattering. Started training work at home! I passed having skills great voice intrviewed with Manager. It seemed we hit it off! Suddenly for no reason i was terminated? Asked. Jobquestions
It started out well, with lots of support and encouragement. Unfortunately, things went down hill pretty fast - as in after 3 days! They don't give you time to learn the job, they expect you to be perfect at it within days, or you're out! In other words, expectations are unrealistic. You have to buy your own headset and use your own computer and internet. I don't usually post negative reviews about employers, because I'm naturally not a malicious or vindictive person.....but I'm putting this out there as a WARNING to save people the trouble and wasted time and effort - believe me, IT'S NOT WORTH IT SO DON'T APPLY!
Pros
working from home
Cons
Not enough time to learn the job
You are begging people for money and when they are clearly not able to give you any you need to ask them another 3 times or get in trouble. You must work every Saturday with one day off a week. Issues beyond your control such as your power being interrupted due to matienence will get you fired. $50 headset to buy to start.
Loved helping Sick Kids but management needs help as well as systems, and pay. ......................................................................... If they could change those things they may have more people wanting to work for them.
  1. Employee reviews