CAUSEWORX

CAUSEWORX Reviews

Canada42 reviews

Not for everyone, but for the right person it is a great job and company

Telefundraising itself is a difficult job for sure, but I found that Causeworx was very good at learning the ropes of this kind of job, as they were very helpful during the training process and continued to be supportive throughout my employment. They were extremely understanding when personal issues arose and did more than enough to accommodate for when these events occurred. I would love to continue to work for the company, but found that the position was not a fit for me long-term. I did enjoy my time with them, and would recommend them to anyway who thinks they would enjoy a position like this and wants to be part of a team that actually cares about them.

Pros

Extremely understanding management, work from home, work life balance, interesting conversations, no cold-calling, fair pay, easy to learn

Cons

Calls can be hard/awkward, repetition, charities subject matter can be saddening, software can be buggy

Best job ever

I currently work here, at first the position seemed too good to be true, but as I got to learn, it was very real, the best part is I get to help others

Insights into CAUSEWORX

What people like
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Supportive environment
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Overall satisfaction
  • General feeling of work happiness

Awful experience

I worked here for 6 months. Worst experience I have ever had in a work place. The start was great management made you feel important and they were helpful. But then after a while they will make you feel almost useless. They push you hard for numbers even when you are doing your best and if you ask for something such as tools for success they will promise it and never deliver. They will give you endless coaching sessions saying you don't sound desperate enough and ignore your requests. Not bad for someone who doesn't mind working a dead end job that makes you feel like your voice doesn't matter. But for me I need a real leadership that works with you.I was let go on Friday for not meeting numbers but yet my numbers on one campaign are above average. Unrealistic goals.

Pros

Work from home

Cons

Management is bad

I feel that Causeworx gave me the job that was meant to have.

Causeworx has checked ALL the boxes for me as far as employment goes. I've never worked at another job that's done that before, so that's a really big deal for me. I'm able to work at home, which is a bonus during a pandemic, but also, as a neurodivergent person, having people around me for 8 hours a day is stressful and exhausting. The ability to work at home indefinitely is a blessing.The people in charge of training are patient and supportive. Not once did anyone make me feel that I wasn't catching on to how things work fast enough. All questions have been answered with patience, and I've also been supported and "cheered on" when doing well. I can't say enough about how wonderful the trainers are.The hardest part of the job is learning to speak confidently when first given a new script, but it gets easier very quickly and there has always been time to practice before going live on the phone. The software that we use seems a little intimidating at first, but is very easy to become comfortable with.It's very hard to choose what the most enjoyable part of this job is - the work culture is lovely; I've met some very nice coworkers through group training and we get along very well. The support I've received is exemplary from coworkers, trainers, management - absolutely everyone has made me feel that I belong in this job and that is rather unusual in this type of work. I'm so very glad that I applied to work for Causeworx; I believe I was meant to do this work now, and this company makes the job very fulfilling. I end each day happy and feeling like I'm doing something good, -

Pros

Work from home, Full time hours, liveable wage for my area, ongoing support and consistent on-the-job training.

Cons

I have not yet discovered a con in this job or this employer.

Felt like family

The management made me feel like family. Was going threw some touch times and they help me with it and accommodated me a lot. Miss them very much. Not working with them right now but maybe soon if they are hiring.

Worst job on the planet

Calling people who are already living below the poverty line asking for donations they cannot afford. Your supervisors listen to all your calls and hen peck you if you don't pressure enough to get the donation. Just beyond unethical.....

Pros

work from home

No conscience

This company has no conscience. It’s all about the money, not the “cause.” I was “coached” because I didn’t continue asking for money when the other person in the phone was broke, out of work and sick with cancer - the manager showed zero humanity - “you still need to make the second ask.” They find every way to lower the pay - only paid for phone time. These folks are the reason fundraising has a horrible rep. Calling up widows who once have $20 to squeeze them for another $30 (most of which goes to Causeworx NOT the charity) was a horrible, dehumanizing experience- I felt I should grow a handlebar moustache and change my name to Snidely Whiplash. Only a sociopath could enjoy this job.

Pros

Cons

No ethics

Productive and fun workplace

Working at Causeworx is fun. The staff is very understanding and they work with you to improve your stats.The pay is average but works well as a part time job. If you're looking for a challenge and want to improve your customer service skills, Causeworx is the place for you! All in all I give it two thumbs up :)

Pros

remote work

Cons

no medical/dental benefits

Supportive Management Team and Enjoyable Job

Causeworx has the most kind-hearted, free-spirited, all-female management team who will take the time to train you and who will always remain on-hand ready to support you. They helped me realize a latent skillset of connecting with people, while remaining safe working from home. Also, Causeworx promotes camaraderie between fellow co-workers; during each shift the managers encouraged us to work as a team on campaigns together. Overall, I'd rate my experience working for Causeworx as excellent. The hardest part of the job is meeting the technological requirements. But the best part is soul connecting with the people.

Pros

working from home

Cons

steep technological learning curve

Excellent place to work!

I love my job at Causeworx. I get to help different causes from the comfort of my own home. The culture is inclusive and encouraging. Management is excellent. There's always someone around to help and encourage you to become a better fundraiser. The most rewarding part of the job is knowing that your work makes a difference.

Pros

Great pay

Cons

No benefits

Great work envirnoment.

This is a great job especially for the times we live in. There are no benefits other than being treated like a real human being. The job is fun and better than any telemarketing job. It's about doing something that matters and at the same time you make some decent money. Good pay, full time hours and a full team of support.

Pros

you're treated like a human being

Cons

can be challenging at times

A job that doesn't feel like a job (Work From Home) - working to make a difference in peoples lives

Working at CAUSEWORX has given me numerous memorable experiences and skills. To start off with the management is 10/10 all being super supportive, understanding, motivated, and kind. Though this is my first fundraising job the training was wonderful, I have never felt alone, if anything was unclear one of the team leaders are there to help out right away, there is ongoing mentoring/training every step of the way. The job is advocating for many meaningful charities, spreading the word, getting donations. Every single day you get to speak with someone new, and have those different, unique conversations. To add this is a work from home position, you would be in the comfort of your own home from the interview, to training, to your first day at the job. You get a break every 2 hours which is amazing for you to rest a bit, grab a snack, get other things done etc. The team, the other fundraisers, everyone is overall incredible to work with.

Pros

very encouraging and uplifting, working to make a difference, management is very understanding and supportive, great co workers, great hours, decent pay

Cons

haven't found one yet

amazing place to work

i love working here its amazing to work for so relax and the people are soo caring and helpful. everyone is like a big group of friends. the wok we all do is amazing work for charities.

Excellent place to work.

This job exceeded my expectations tremendously. I was a bit apprehensive of working from home as the other remote jobs i had lacked in communication and was disorganized. At Causeworx you have a short but highly effective 3 day training with very clear understanding of how to properly do this job well. The trainers Cathy and Katrina do a tremendous job.

Pros

Decent wage. Excellent trainers. Remote

Cons

Haven’t found one yet.

Uncomfortable

As someone whose been on the other side of it, DO NOT ask about their kids that have passed. Thats messed up and we don't appreciate it. You are a telemarketer, being people for money, that's it. They sugar coat it a LOT.

Pros

Hours. Convenience

Cons

asking abour personal sick children. Sugar coating.

Horrible place to work

I would not reccomend anyone to work here. Just horrible. You do what they asked and told your doing a great job and then boom they just let you go without reason

Revolving Door

COVID-19 played a big role in my dismissal after less than 3 weeks. After a week, there were only 3 people left of the group I had trained will. I believe there were 9 of us to start with. My first pay, there was 11 hours missing! I'm not sure if they are going to pay me for that! I think if they're going to have you raise funds for a religious organization, maybe they should ask you first if you'd have a problem with that. I'm atheist! Not a good fit definitely! They do have other campaigns but I was put on a religious fundraising campaign. Everyone is hanging on tight to their money, so they aren't giving. I believe that all the numbers are low, for every agent! Calls were all the same "we want to wait until this is over". This was the theme for most of the calls. Day after day, I'd see the agents being dismissed because where they were previously scheduled, they would be unscheduled and their schedules would be blacked out. I knew that my time was coming too and sure enough, got a call about an hour before shift. I'm sure that the people they were letting go, including myself, are excellent at what they do, but NOT at this time with what is going on with COVID-19, NO ONE HAS MONEY TO GIVE!

Good pay terrible hours, and too many calls

too many fundraising calls, and terrible hours for the week, split days off weekends is not together, would of enjoyed it more if hours was not late in the day and 2 days off per week together

It's great. Work from home doing meaningful campaigns that help animals and people

You get to work from home. The interview process was over the phone so you don't have to dress up for the job ever. I had very little past experience with this type of job but during the interview, training, and on the job I got as much support or more as I did at any other job. Management has been patient with my mistakes (even when its the same thing a few times). The training and on the job runs smoother than I was expecting since its relying on software, internet and people working from home. Especially considering I started right as the Vice president is unable to work full time and the rest of the management is still running things smoothly. Management is always a quick message away to help when you are in trouble on a call. (used lots in the 1st week). In the end its all for a good cause which makes it extra good. I like the long lunch, you can get things done around the house on lunch instead of after work and let your voice rest. You get 2 days off a week just like any other job in general except its one day a week and Sunday. You can sign up for extra hours anytime. The salary is good to start but since you work from home there is no benefits but you do work from home so at least you are less likely to be injured physically. Well getting to work or while working anyways. I like being on the phones calling people but there are a few different things you can advance to like training, coaching, interviewing and management. Management gives you info and tips to go over after your calls to improve your skills through out your learning curve while on the job. Everyone works -

Amazing Place to Work

The experience that I have had working at CAUSEWORX has been absolutely amazing. Management is so supportive and accommodating. I have never felt better going to work. Being able to work from home is an amazing benefit to be able to handle a busy work and home life. I have never felt so welcomed coming to work and always feeling appreciated. I know that my time and work ethic is valued and appreciated. This is such an amazing company to work for the work that is done daily is truly amazing and making a difference in so many lives. I would recommend CAUSEWORX to anyone that is looking for employment and wanted an inviting and amazing work experience.

Run!!! Don't walk

Absolute WORST experience ever. I had one person, a very confused senior that answered the phone who was still in the hospital, in the process of being released when they answered the phone, and I was being pressured on the back end to push this person 3x asking for their donation. It didn't matter how old, or confused, or how poor they were, hit 'em up, and don't stop until they give you something is their basic motto. It was horrible. I couldn't do it more than a few days before I had to leave. If that's the kind of work you enjoy, then go for it. Otherwise, RUN. And how they treat you? is just as bad or worse. Maybe one-day training, and then you're tossed onto the phone with someone whispering in your ear to do this, do that, say this, say that. You have to supply your own equipment, phone, everything, and their system was so antiquated it was laughable. Truly the worst place I have ever worked, and that is saying a lot.

Pros

None.

Cons

Too many to list.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CAUSEWORX. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.7 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement