CauseForce Employee Reviews

Fun and dynamic work environment
Campsite coordinator (Former Employee) –  Montreal30 September 2015
There is never a boring day and everyone has a positive attitude. Fast pace work environment and friendly bosses. Long shifts, but very rewarding.
Belle expérience de travail
Ventes - Service à la clientèle (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC4 September 2014
J'ai passé quatre années fantastiques au sein de cette compagnie.
Amazing life Changing Events
Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC22 June 2014
Cultivating and fostering relationships in order to have successful events
The worst company I have worked for!
fundraising (Former Employee) –  Vancouver,BC3 April 2014
For an organization that works with Charities that help people, Cause Force has no consideration for it's own people. Employees are short term, they hire through a temp agency, probably because the fire people faster than a revolving door.
I was given general expectations for my role. I was told the role was one thing before I was hired then I find out after I started that the expectations were different and what I was asked to do was not what the job outline set up by the company in the posting.
I discovered after I started that many of the previous staff had been fired, most after only working at the office for a few weeks, The company provides little or no training and expects employees to meet unrealistic expectations and goals only after 2-3 weeks on the job. Yet they do no provide much in the way of training or provide any procedures outline. It was a learn as you go, figure it out for yourself. I was expected to answer the phones, which was not mentioned in any aspect of my job description. I was then expected to answer the phones about an event that I was never trained on and was not told in my interviews that it would be part of my responsibilities. If they didn't like the way you answered the phone or in one case I told the caller that I was new and not familiar with the event, you were reprimanded and told that was not the way to answer that call. Well I had not received any training on how to answer those calls or for that matter on the event at all !
The employees at the office I was working at were all nervous about being fired, there had already
  more... been so many fired. How does a company who is promoting care and concern for people get away with treating their own employees this way. I was astounded at the horrible treatment, immature way that we were talk down to and reprimanded by the management who were located in the LA office. Their solution to everything seems to be " fire that person", rather than how can we improve this, what can we do to support our staff and provide them with better training. The environment in that office was pins and needles and extremely stressful, never knowing how management was going to react to things. The energy I got from the management in LA that I reported to reminded me of the Queen of Hearts from Alice in Wonderland. "Off with their heads"
When in actual fact the employees were guilty of not doing their jobs but rather the management is guilty of falling very short in caring for their employees, providing them with proper training and support and
nurturing their employees,
This is an organization that is promoting human compassion, care and support for people suffering from cancer and asking the public to be supportive and giving. Expecting people to fundraise huge amounts of money, give of their time and energy but yet as a company they have no compassion, care or concern for their own employees !
I found the whole situation appalling and demeaning.
Pros
there were none
Cons
stressfull, demeaning, lack of training and support, rude and abusive manager