Catulpa Community Support Services Employee Reviews

A great work environment
Senior Executive Assistant/HR Generalist (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON24 September 2018
An enjoyable workplace with team work and client care as a priority. The Management team is very supportive on a day to day basis. Benefits and pension are fabulous.
Non profit organization
Accounts Payable Administrator (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON26 January 2017
I have approx. 200-500 client invoices, expense reports and company payables to sort, code and process on a weekly basis that must be accurate

support Management, co-workers, administration, clients with payables inquiries

Process chq and direct deposit transfers on a weekly basis.

File weekly
Pros
co-workers and salary
Very flexible & fun
Respite Worker (Current Employee) –  Simcoe County, ON14 December 2016
Independent contracting so you make your own schedule with the family or social worker. Salary is negotiable & varies from client to client. Very good side job to have along with something else.
Pros
Make your own schedule, mileage, flexible hours, salary varies based on individual
Cons
Some clients may be difficult, have to use your own vehicle, may have to pay for things upfront before getting reimbursed
Amazing group of co-workers who are passionate about what they do. Has a real feeling of "Family"
Financial Administration Assistant (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON13 February 2013
The Agency as a whole is a very caring atmosphere where my co-workers are dedicated to their clients. The Executive Director is an amazing woman. She has a completely open door policy to everyone in the Agency.

My typical day would include sitting in front of a computer inputting accounting data. The hardest part of the job is the repetitious duties. The most enjoyable part of the job is the people I work with and the clients we serve. I don't have a direct contact but I hear their stories and how the Agency makes their lives easier.

The most important and most satisfying part of my job is that I meet the deadlines for everyone and that they appreciate my efforts. The unfortunte part of my job is my supervisor has taken on too much and is not organized. He is good at his job but not a good supervisor.
Pros
flexible, caring agency
Cons
my supervisor is not a good leader. he is not flexible.
Continous Learning and improving skills experience
Help Desk Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON28 December 2012
I loved my job, I really did. It was a continuous learning experience for me. I have trained folks who were elder to me, had fun with them and have learned new things while solving their issues or problems.

I have learned about copiers, binders and smart-boards. The best part was the smart boards. They made big and complicated things look so easy and impressive.