Catholic Social Services

Catholic Social Services Pay & benefits reviews

Canada107 reviews

Clear
3.4Pay & benefits

I'm excited to leave the company in the Summer.

If you don't work full time, expect to get called in at all hours of the day. And don't expect any pay increases, despite increasing cost of living. Managers are (generally) okay, but some seem kind of fake nice?

Friendly people

Employees are mostly welcoming and friendly. Low salary rate as compared with other departments. No regular salary increase. No room for advancement. No work, life, balance.

Insights into Catholic Social Services

What people like
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Supportive environment
  • Trust in colleagues

Challenging but full of fun.

They are fun and a bit challenging workplace. I learned how to deal people with different disabilities with dignity. It taught me lots of patience and widen my knowledge about people with special needs. CSS is a company that treats everybody with respect and equal no matter what your race is. The only hardest part of my job so far is when you deal the individuals behaviours especially if you are new to them. But the most enjoyable part of this job is when you see them happy, satisfied with the care and support you provided to them and most of all, they enjoyed your company

Pros

Benefits are good

Great people to work with but they need to put some energy into their existing staff

The staff here are so nice and i really do mean everyone. The upper management works collaboratively which is great, but that means that nothing happens quickly as we need to let everyone have their say. Then once everyone has their say we have to do it all over again, in case someone changed their mind.

Pros

Good work life balance

Cons

Takes forever to get anything approved, benefits are awful, wage is ok

Not a good experience

Not a good experience. Management was terrible, did not appreciate or respect staff at all. Very hostile work environment. No communication and low pay for work that is required

interesting and rewarding

learned to help residence independant living and it was rewarding, I enjoyed my team made my job worthwhile with minimum stress, the support was great

Would not recommend.

Friendly atmosphere although supervision is very unorganized and has favourites. The departments are segregated and not able to communicate together. Management is not reliable.

Pros

Friendly Atmosphere

Cons

Not Trustworthy-Praise you for the excellent work that you do then let you go.

Over worked underpaid

Worklife is stressful due to high needs clients. No overtime is paid despite working overtime often. Management doesn't care for frontline staff input. Pay is not worth the stress

Group home workers pay is very poor.

If you’re working nights in their homes just know there are no shift differentials or weekends premiums here. Your paid $ 17.77 flat as fresher in the company slight close to minimum wage. Do janitorial/Nanny jobs eg preparing breakfast , make hourly calls, They don’t trust their employees...Managers come around the homes for overnight checks. Sad place . Look for other jobs not here

Fun place to work

Catholic Social Services has a number of things in the programs to help staff's productivity grow. Some programs have the opportunity to access all Edmonton libraries and parks.

Pros

good salary

Cons

nil advancement policy

Good Work Environment

Generally a good place to work. The staff are friendly and management is accessible. Salary could be a little higher, but for a non profit its not that bad.

Great Workplace

Catholic Social Services is a very family orientated company allowing for great work place and home balance. The salary and benefits are a great perk aswell.

Pros

Balance

Cons

Working weekends

Challenging but enjoyable work experience

I have been working in disability services for 10 years, the hardest part of my job is working night-shifts. I enjoyed caring for the individuals that I cared for, sometimes they are hard to work with others are easier.

Pros

i enjoy our teamwork

Cons

no raise

Excellent place to work.

I enjoy work with this Agency. Supervisors pay attention to staff needs and endeavor to effect necessary changes. Staff to staff interaction is super. Yes periodic free lunch.

Pros

Occasional free lunch and treats.

Cons

Long hours.

Engaging Environment

I have worked for Catholic Social Services since 2013, and they are a supportive team company that cares for all in the community, including their employees.

Pros

Excellent pay and benefits.

Good company to work

They got great staff benefits and good incentives, Easy job and great staff and clients ratio. Lots of hours and flexible hours available.

Pros

Stable job as they don't fire any staff.

Cons

salary is not great, Some Team Leaders have no experience, will not work frontline. Hires worker that can't speak or read english very well, They hire supervisor with no experience and doesn't know how to manage in disability services.

good

no benefits no leadership no fair treatment lots of room for improvement needs more black people good positions education for clients

Cons

Great Compnay that offered lots opportunity to make a difference in peoples lives

Not much room to continuously develop skills or move up with promotions. Lots of support within the team that you work with but felt management was not interested in supporting front line workers who did not work in the central offices Job security was not very stable as it al depended on government grants and money raised

good people great clients

people were good to work forinside worklots of staff could pick your own hours

Pros

lots of over time

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Catholic Social Services. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement