Catholic Social Services

Support Worker8 reviews
Canada8 reviews

socialclientprogramsupportindividualstaffcareservice

Big organization

Over the years, this organization seems to have gone down hill. Lots of politics in the office, cliquey. If you have an issue with someone and try to sort it out, it seems you get labeled a troublemaker.

Pros

Some team developement

Cons

as frontline, your opinion doesn't matter much.

care giver

not working at the moment.learned how to help others from different cultures.help people to understand me and they me. I like to help others better there condition.

Pros

working with people with developmental disability

Insights into Catholic Social Services

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Support from manager
  • Overall satisfaction

okay place to work

Opinion of the work place differs based on the teams. the management are there to make sure everything runs smoothly.I only wish the pay was a little higher and people get bonuses every year. that sure makes the employees happy.

Safe and clean

Everyday can be different, whether it be working with children, cooking meals for new comers or cleaning and preparing for new families. Everyone is very kind and helpful.

Pros

Meeting new people from all over the globe

Cons

Not enough hours

Meet awesome people from different cultures

A great place to work. The only reason I left was I could not advance in position as to do so you had to have more education. The management of this company is awesome. They stand behind their mission statement

Pros

Meet awesome people from all over the world

Cons

Could not advance in position unless had higher education. At least back then, unsure now

Ok company to work for if you don't like making much money.

Management is not the best. They don't help with resolving issues as well as show favoritism amongst employees. Pay is terrible with not much if any room to advance within the agency.

Pros

Helping others

Cons

pay, management

Great place to work but the duties are very routine

Great place to work. We have opportunities to receive ongoing training to enable us to expand our skills and offer the best care we can to those we care for. Supervisors and staff are very supportive. There is flexibility in our work schedule and our personal needs are taken into account. I have learned a great deal about the particular challenges for the individuals with developmental delays. The hardest part of the job is attending to unpredictable behavior in the home and ensuring the safety and quality of life for everyone. The most enjoyable part of the job is the outings and the joy this brings to the individuals in our care.

Pros

Flexibility, fun and support

Cons

Work duties are very routine.

Very diverse always challenging never boring job.

Day shift Get children up for school put out healthy options for breakfast, remind about hygiene. While children are at school prep for dinner clean up arrange for evening staff activities.

Pros

Very personally rewarding job, helping youth is my passion. Lots of excersize.

Cons

I find it challenging not to let my emotions get the best of me sometimes.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Catholic Social Services. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement