Catholic Social Services

Catholic Social Services Employee Reviews for Disability Support Worker

Disability Support Worker25 reviews
Canada25 reviews

socialclientprogramsupportindividualstaffcareservice

I'm excited to leave the company in the Summer.

If you don't work full time, expect to get called in at all hours of the day. And don't expect any pay increases, despite increasing cost of living. Managers are (generally) okay, but some seem kind of fake nice?

Literally run for your money

If you are looking to run for your money, be burnt out, life and work becomes unbalanced, receive little to no communication, not be heard, concerns mean nothing, no rush to bring you back to work even though you display being ready, they do not provide accommodations for employees despite saying so in their return to work package, everything that is highlighted in their mission, vision and values is not held true for employees. Despite the poor quality treatment from administrative and managerial employees, the treatment from direct coworkers and supervisors are fantastic and make it worth showing up to the office. The clients also make work great as well.

Pros

Great clients, great coworkers, great bosses...

Cons

Lead down a path of being overworked and burnt out, lack of communication, poor treatment from Administration and managers, left unheard....

Insights into Catholic Social Services

What people like
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Supportive environment
  • Trust in colleagues

Poor treatment for frontliners

Will never work here again. Lady Liberty should be here. Higher management in main are okay but not Red Deer Central Region. They have privilege staff.

Pros

Free coffee/tea

Cons

Hard to find coverage when calling in sick, you have to have a friend within the the admin to easily get a job with no problem, you have to work extra job duties beyond your job description, no other language spoken in the premises, no breaks, no longer vacation as when you return after 6 weeks you will be transfered, medication administration is critical med errors are major trouble, and a lot more

A lot of bullying and favoritism within the company.

The orientation, showing job skills and routine, was poorly done. Little consistency among staff. Bullying among staff and management. Favoritism in management makes it difficult for advancement in the company unless you have sucked up to them.

Pros

Cons

Bullying

Challenging but full of fun.

They are fun and a bit challenging workplace. I learned how to deal people with different disabilities with dignity. It taught me lots of patience and widen my knowledge about people with special needs. CSS is a company that treats everybody with respect and equal no matter what your race is. The only hardest part of my job so far is when you deal the individuals behaviours especially if you are new to them. But the most enjoyable part of this job is when you see them happy, satisfied with the care and support you provided to them and most of all, they enjoyed your company

Pros

Benefits are good

Not a good experience

Not a good experience. Management was terrible, did not appreciate or respect staff at all. Very hostile work environment. No communication and low pay for work that is required

interesting and rewarding

learned to help residence independant living and it was rewarding, I enjoyed my team made my job worthwhile with minimum stress, the support was great

Busy, fun with mixed of stress, happy helping people

Worked at Catholic Social Services with dedication for helping for what they need , guiding them for bette life and support for what they need physically, emotionally and socially.

Terrible

They dont care about your safety and expect you to put your life on the line when working with a dangerous client Pay you extremely poorly for the risks associated

i do not want to

I will not be filling this out. why request this. and make it mandatory? I will not tell you about a typical work day or what I learned or the horrible management across the board

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Catholic Social Services?

very good company to work for enjoyed helping people to live a better life

Catholic Social Services was a very good employer and had I been able to stay working in the health care field I would of stayed with the company. I worked in a fast paced home with a highly medical clientelle.

A rewarding job for me because I've come to know many people, staff included.

1. Assisting with the well being of the individuals. 2. Going on outings when time allowed. 3.Medications administered when required. 4.Taking to appointments. 5. Meal preparation and cleanliness. 6. Personal care done.

Pros

Getting to know the clients.

Cons

Some clients move on which can be sad, but also happy for their new beginning.

Good Work Environment

Generally a good place to work. The staff are friendly and management is accessible. Salary could be a little higher, but for a non profit its not that bad.

Toxic Work Environment--Steer clear of the Disability Department of CSS

-Toxic work environment -Threatening and intimidating attitude from team leader and co-workers. -Absolutely atrocious care given to the individuals within the home. -Zero accountability for bullying behavior in the team. -My position was in one group home within the Disability Department of Catholic Social Services.

Challenging but enjoyable work experience

I have been working in disability services for 10 years, the hardest part of my job is working night-shifts. I enjoyed caring for the individuals that I cared for, sometimes they are hard to work with others are easier.

Pros

i enjoy our teamwork

Cons

no raise

it is a good job,

We help get the individual up and ready for there day. Make sure they have their meds and make meal planning's. We also have to clean up there house and make sure they are bathed

productive and fun workplace

it is productive and a fun work place. i enjoyed how the people there treat their patients, i learned how to be more patience and be more eligible in everything I do, the management are very kind to its employees.

Awesome company if you want to move up and feel like a person not just an employee.

Catholic social services cares about its employees and the people it serves. Lots of new programs and always trying to find better ways to serve its clients.

Pros

Lots of hours and company activities.

Cons

Too many hours

options

variety of different areas to work, was nice too have so many choices. co workers and supervisors are very helpful and willing to guide/assist and help you succeed

productive work place

Not very sure but its a good place to work with good team work as long as we have the passion to love and care for the individuals. There is nothing much to say as I am still a new hire but i do love the company and the systerm is very good

Excellent place to work!

Learned alot from this company. Management is great. Culture is diverse. Hardest part of the job was leaving. Most enjoyable part of the job is the interation/socializing with the clients.

Pros

Learned a lot!

Cons

Leaving/Finishing my practicum

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Catholic Social Services. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement