Catholic Social Services

Catholic Social Services Employee Reviews for Counselor

Counselor6 reviews
Canada6 reviews

I like to work at CSS

Executive and management are many times far from front line staffWe should be get pay a little more People are cool and you can make friends.It is a flexible job.

Humanitarian job

At catholic social services, Staff is guided by faith to care for and bring hope to people with humility, compassion and respect. it is a good place to work, Assist the new Canadians in their needs.

Insights into Catholic Social Services

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Fair pay for job
  • Sense of belonging

Excellent place to work

An excellent work place, very professional environment and with an excellent team. It is a stressful job, but you do get a down time to be able to continue your work day.

Exceptional Community Srervices

Catholic Social Services, Catholic Charities, Sign of Hope - Alberta Canada is a trendsetter at the heart of diverse social services for the province of Alberta. The agency is well managed, efficient, and proud of its employees, empowering them with many opportunities for growth and advancement.

Great place to work. Very productive

I would meet each one of my clients on a weekly basis and discuss what they would need support with. It may be with finding a job to learning something new like cooking. I did work alone but if I had any need to call a co-worker they would be so amazing and helpful. Management were very approachable and easy to talk to. It was very enjoyable to be helping and meeting new people. The hardest part would be to not get overwhelmed and bring work home. It is doable though. Learned to be more patient and understanding.

Pros

The hours were great.

Cons

N/a

Good learning experience

A day at work begins by checking the updates and activities of the clients in the Program. Making arrangements/accompanying the clients to the various appointments and activities. Daily report writing and case reviews. A good platform to learn to deal with various behaviors with the help of individual Behavior Support Plan. A professional relationship and good rapport with the co-workers enable to respect their culture and understanding their skills and strengths to work as a team to the benefit of the clients. The hardest part of job is to deal with sudden onset of behavior issues of clients but good communication and teamwork help us to overcome all hardships. The most enjoyable moments are the smiling faces of our clients and co-workers when we accomplish our tasks.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Catholic Social Services. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement