Catholic Social Services
Happiness score is 67 out of 100

Catholic Social Services Employee Reviews for Childcare Provider

Childcare Provider9 reviews
Canada9 reviews

Good environment and great colleagues

A great learning experience and although challenging, very rewarding. I learned a great deal about autism that I would have never learned and love making a difference on a daily basis.

Pros

Great support, schedule, professional

Cons

Stressful

management in the children's program

-too much work harassment - no job security - favouritism- no work ethics- especially children's program in Red deer.- client negligence -too much work pressure- no staff appreciation.

Pros

Good co workers

Cons

Overall ..the children's management is bad

Insights into Catholic Social Services

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Support from manager
  • Overall satisfaction

Fun place to work

Catholic Social Services has a number of things in the programs to help staff's productivity grow. Some programs have the opportunity to access all Edmonton libraries and parks.

Pros

good salary

Cons

nil advancement policy

Did not enjoy my experience

I struggled with the lack of concern for the employees which directly impacted the quality of care for the clients. Though it has been years since my involvement, I am not sure I would return.

Pros

Experience

Cons

Minimal concern for employees

Na

It is hard job, in an unsupported atmosphere, the clients are great and make the work worthwhile. Management does not care about front line workers and do not support..

just an amazing place to work

what can i say about this place they were an amazing place to work and get experience from i never had a problem with the staff it was just some of the women that you would have to work with they would get a little out of hand. I would have to take seminars and programs that would help further my learning. the staff here were amazing to work with always friendly. the bad part of this job was you would have to see how some of the women have been abused and listen to there stories they were hard to listen to some times.

Pros

hours were great

Cons

some of the women were a litlle rough

Great Compnay that offered lots opportunity to make a difference in peoples lives

Not much room to continuously develop skills or move up with promotions. Lots of support within the team that you work with but felt management was not interested in supporting front line workers who did not work in the central offices Job security was not very stable as it al depended on government grants and money raised

A typical day would include going in at 7am. Getting the kids breakfast and getting them ready for the school bus. During day shifts is when your paperwork is done. On afternoon/evening shifts, you cook dinner for the kids and do activities or go on outings with them. I work on a great team, and we are all on the same page about what is best for our clients. The hardest part is that it can be sometimes stressful, but when you see the kids happy it outweighs the hard times.

Pros

Great Team, You have all your meals there, Can take holidays when you like.

Cons

12 hour shifts can be long, Can be stressful at times

good people great clients

people were good to work forinside worklots of staff could pick your own hours

Pros

lots of over time

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Catholic Social Services?

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Catholic Social Services. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement