Catholic Social Services
Happiness score is 67 out of 100

Catholic Social Services Employee Reviews in Edmonton, AB

Edmonton, AB60 reviews

socialclientprogramsupportindividualstaffcareservice

Productive and learning work place.

Working at Catholic social services is good. You work and you learn. Benefits were fair. Staff and the management are flexible and respectful. Sometimes management is too considerate to the workers that should be suspended or need disciplinary actions. They hire staff that not fit on the position.,specifically front liners.

Friendly people

Employees are mostly welcoming and friendly. Low salary rate as compared with other departments. No regular salary increase. No room for advancement. No work, life, balance.

Insights into Catholic Social Services

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Support from manager
  • Overall satisfaction

I like to work at CSS

Executive and management are many times far from front line staffWe should be get pay a little more People are cool and you can make friends.It is a flexible job.

Great people to work with but they need to put some energy into their existing staff

The staff here are so nice and i really do mean everyone. The upper management works collaboratively which is great, but that means that nothing happens quickly as we need to let everyone have their say. Then once everyone has their say we have to do it all over again, in case someone changed their mind.

Pros

Good work life balance

Cons

Takes forever to get anything approved, benefits are awful, wage is ok

Enjoyable experience

I learned a lot here while volunteering for the their Summer program for immigrant children. I enjoyed supervising when taking the children for field trips.

Pros

Field trips

Appreciative that my personal and professional values aligned with those of the Agency.

Passionate people caring and bringing hope to vulnerable people in need with humility, compassion and respect. Committed to servant leadership, diversity and inclusion.

I was given numerous opportunities to advance with Catholic Social Services. All my supervisors were supportive and encouraging and for the majority of the time I was able to work independently due to the trust built between myself and my supervisors. I was there for 25 years and left due to retirement.

Humanitarian job

At catholic social services, Staff is guided by faith to care for and bring hope to people with humility, compassion and respect. it is a good place to work, Assist the new Canadians in their needs.

Excellent place to work

An excellent work place, very professional environment and with an excellent team. It is a stressful job, but you do get a down time to be able to continue your work day.

Highly Stressful - You can NEVER do enough!

The faith base is so watered down it barely exists at all. Staff morale was very, very low. Wages do not even come close to matching the workload. Resources are ridiculously outdated. Upper management is completely disconnected from middle management and everyone else. While they sit comfortably, we are told we should be there for the heart feel not the wages. Work spaces are overcrowded. If I could give a negative number as a rating, I would.

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Catholic Social Services?

Would not recommend.

Friendly atmosphere although supervision is very unorganized and has favourites. The departments are segregated and not able to communicate together. Management is not reliable.

Pros

Friendly Atmosphere

Cons

Not Trustworthy-Praise you for the excellent work that you do then let you go.

Over worked underpaid

Worklife is stressful due to high needs clients. No overtime is paid despite working overtime often. Management doesn't care for frontline staff input. Pay is not worth the stress

Group home workers pay is very poor.

If you’re working nights in their homes just know there are no shift differentials or weekends premiums here. Your paid $ 17.77 flat as fresher in the company slight close to minimum wage. Do janitorial/Nanny jobs eg preparing breakfast , make hourly calls, They don’t trust their employees...Managers come around the homes for overnight checks. Sad place . Look for other jobs not here

Ensuring safety and nuturing for our young individuals who were in our care was our priority as a team.

Being a Team Leader for the program was one of my proudest moments as a Social Worker. I arrived at work daily with a smile on my face as I knew that I was mentoring others towards achieving success within themselves.

Good organization

Staff committed to helping others. Many different programs. Helping others in need and compassionate care is main focus. It is a non-profit organization.

Pros

Caring enviroment

Cons

Lack of support at times.

Very good Agency

Contact clients by phone or email, opening files, data entry, interview volunteers, sending job review and match ends by mail, filing, preparing packages for orientation, preparing reports, photo copying forms. Sometimes cover switchboard and help with walk-in clients. I have experience in Administrative clerical duties, team work, time management, working with diverse and inclusive population. The hardest part of the job was recruiting volunteers. The most enjoyable part of the job was serving newcomer clients. They are always grateful to get some information, since they do not know much about the country.

Not a good experience/ Disability Services

- management does not address concerns of staff - if you bring forth wrongdoings they retaliate - no regard for their clients well being - unethical practices. -management/HR does not follow their own policies I do not recommend them, its very unfortunate that they do not follow the catholic beliefs even.

Pros

Clientel

Cons

Unethical

A rewarding job for me because I've come to know many people, staff included.

1. Assisting with the well being of the individuals. 2. Going on outings when time allowed. 3.Medications administered when required. 4.Taking to appointments. 5. Meal preparation and cleanliness. 6. Personal care done.

Pros

Getting to know the clients.

Cons

Some clients move on which can be sad, but also happy for their new beginning.

great atmosphere

typical day supporting and insuring best care and meeting needs of people you support and have fun while doing it great team developed new skills and gain knowledge everyday from people i support and my team supportive management welcoming and inclusive every job is what you make of it .you have the power to make it enjoyable or hard for yourself

Pros

special events, free lunches

Cons

values

CSS Employee

My time at CSS was brief. I did enjoy the employees, and working within a team unit. The job was stressful but the people there and working with seniors experiencing abuse made it worthwhile.

Pros

Office Hours

Cons

Wage

Fun place to work

Catholic Social Services has a number of things in the programs to help staff's productivity grow. Some programs have the opportunity to access all Edmonton libraries and parks.

Pros

good salary

Cons

nil advancement policy

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Catholic Social Services. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement