Catapult Employee Reviews

Great for a part time seeker
Retail Assistant (Part-Time) (Former Employee) –  London17 March 2019
Catapult was absolutely great in my time with them. There were always job offers on the platform, and you could definitely make some pocket money in your spare time. The brands that they place you with usually treat employees with respect, so the whole experience is quite good.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
No stability
Busy periods guarantee good pay
Hospitality Staff (Former Employee) –  London17 February 2019
I have been working with Catapult for almost two years and I can say it is by far the best App agency to work for in terms of accessibility and convenience, the App is very easy to use and any problems you can easily contact a member of staff for guidance.

The job roles are decent and you can be recommended to many places if you do a good job, allowing you to possibly get more work.

The hardest part can definitely be finding work at quiet times, as you can go weeks without any job offers and randomly coming across one job, there is a slight chance it can get canceled if the venue is overbooked, which can be frustrating.

The pay is just above average, but there definitely roles which offer higher pay.

The most enjoyable part of the job is trying different jobs and meeting lots of people.
Pros
Various Job roles
Cons
Very difficult to find work during quiet periods.
Great idea but not managed well
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oxford, Oxfordshire14 February 2019
Catapult is a brilliant idea, especially for students like myself. However I feel its all very informal. The meeting I had before my account was verified seemed very unorganised, which didn't fill me with confidence.
I worked for Clarks on a number of occasions, which was great pay and more than I would get if I was an employee, however because you're not trained and not taught things by management because you're only there for a handful of hours you can feel like a bit of a spare part.
Timings for shifts don't coincide with studies and the timings cannot be altered so shifts go unworked.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Awkward shift timings, Informal, Lack of shifts after xmas period
Diverse and inclusive company
Hospitality Assistant (Current Employee) –  London1 February 2019
A variety of roles where you can meet really nice people and take part in a great adventure as we are sent every day to a different place.
Overall is a very exciting company to work with.
No pressure, comfortable atmosphere
Fundraiser (Current Employee) –  Henderson, NV9 January 2019
Overall meeting at beginning of shift, Fundraising for various, clients,
comfortable atmosphere, Lunchroom provided, clean environment, the job is not hard
Fun Workplace
Waiter (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester11 December 2018
My overall review of Catapult was that the pay was good; I also knew a lot of people and my friends also worked there so it would be fun to work there
Pros
Having good breaks
Cons
Great flexible work for students
Waitress (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London10 December 2018
I've worked loads of shifts with Catapult all over London in both hospitality and retail. Most of their shifts pay well above £9 per hour which is better than most other apps. Every time I contact the support team they are always really helpful and seems like they care. Can only recommend it!
Pros
High pay and loads of different shifts
Cons
You don't always get all the shifts you apply for
nice agency
Agency Worker (Current Employee) –  London, UK2 December 2018
Flexible shifts and different roles. I am able to fit my life around work, I meet new people and learn new skills. The roles are straight forward with nice benefits.
Treat staff horribly
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester27 November 2018
minutes ago

I worked 20+ shifts with catapult, turned up to work on time evrey single time did my job correctly and still was treated so badly, the agency only care about the employer and forget that it is the STAFF that make the business work.

DO NOT USE THIS AGENCY. - USE SYFT

Catapult is the worst agency I have ever worked for, they treat staff horrendously. They do not care about staff who work for them- the only thing they care about is money.

I have had nothing but issues with working with them, I’d strongly suggest working with Syft or Adia
Pros
Flexible shifts
Cons
Poor treatment of staff, staff opinion not valued
Good for First Time Instructor
Training Specialist (Former Employee) –  Purchase, NY26 November 2018
It was good as a company to learn the ropes. However instructors were treated like cattle. Last minute switches were the norm and new instructors were often left to teach courses they have never touched before. Pay was horrible, but again it was a good place to learn the educational field and get a foot in the door at other companies.
Pros
consulting at fortune 500 companies
Cons
Pay and management
Its really a fun workplace and the Managers are very friendly and warm.
Waiter/ Bar Staff (Current Employee) –  Birmingham24 October 2018
A typical day is having a good team, good communication during service and flexibility amongst each other.
I learnt that with a good team one is able to work effectively and will be able to bring out most their skills to the table.
Management is very good respectable and very good on the social media to questions amongst staff members.
The workplace culture is respect one another and respect to each other with a lot of fun and most keep to the good standard of the uniform ettics.
The hardest part of the job is the long hours but most times very encouraging depending on the type of event.
Pros
Free lunches and breakfast, cab available for early shifts.
Cons
Long hours and sometimes shifts cancellations.
Convenient and easy
Food and Beverage Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London10 October 2018
This is a hospitality recruitment job agency, so most of the shifts would be to do with being a waiter and event staffing for food kiosks.
An overall easy job.
Pros
Holiday pay
Cons
Late hours
Good agency
Temporary Worker (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London29 August 2018
It’s a good agency to work for as the pay is good, you usually get paid more than the average worker at a workplace. However, jobs are popular throughout the Christmas period and it gets quieter the rest of the year.
Pros
Good pay, guaranteed 4 hours of pay of workplace sends you home
Cons
Unreliable
catapult
Sales advisor (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London5 July 2018
theycare more about the store they send you to than you, they ask you to review each shift and if you give it a bad review nobody follows it up and can even be asked to go pack there if the employer liked you.
Pros
weekly pay
Cons
not guaranteed work
Good but not enough hours
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London16 June 2018
Good pay but not stable and organised. It was an agency so I would only be able to work when I was accepted onto shifts like I worked topshop on several occasions however sometimes I would want to work and there would be not shifts available .
Pros
The pay was quite good
Cons
Not enough hours
Lovely company to work for
Waitress/ Retail (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London31 May 2018
I would really recommend to anybody. The app is so easy to use, the staff are so well mannered and professional. After my first training day, I knew I wanted to work for them. I have worked in a range of settings and met different people.
Only thing, you never know whether you will be picked for a job or not. Lacks job security and consistently moving around.
But great place to work and if you have any questions you can text or call the staff at any point. Interactive way to making you do a video, I found that great.
Pros
Job description on point and always good communication
Cons
Long hours, far places and sometimes will not find work
It was meh
Whatever they wanted me to be (Former Employee) –  Manchester10 April 2018
Could easily pick your shifts.
There were a few good breaks
You had loads of fun with your colleagues which is probably the only good part.

Sometimes you didn't know who your line manager was but you got paid pretty alright
Pros
Getting paid weekly
Cons
Just overall experience
16 April 2018

Hi there, thank you for your honest review. And we are sorry that we failed to meet your expectations. We are working hard to keep improving Catapult for our candidates, and we would love to hear from you to get a bit more information about how we fell short with your experience. Drop us an email on info@joincatapult.com and we can look into any issues you experienced!
At the moment, we are focussing on getting more exciting and varied shifts for our candidates in Manchester, and around the country so watch this space!

Catapult best Agency
Kitchen Porter (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands23 January 2018
Good time know that Catapult is here in Birmingham, you choose your kind of jobs provided by the app on your iPhone and the times you wanna work. Hope they send more jobs to choose from
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Nothing at the moment
16 April 2018

Thank you for your lovely feedback, we are so glad that you have enjoyed working with us! We really appreciate all your hard work and as always, if you have any questions or concerns, please do feel free to contact us on info@joincatapult.com

Not ideal - helpful though
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London22 January 2018
Catapult do not send many shifts. Some people are favourited on the app by employers meaning they get an instant claim on a shift which I think is unfair for other people wanting to work there (especially Topshop Oxford Circus). I met a girl that says she does Catapult full time and I asked how is that possible? She told me she gets an instant claim on the app meaning other people can’t apply for that shift. She gets paid more (due to the agency, agencies pay more) than the people actually working at Topshop, plus she has a full routa there.
Pros
Get to choose days
Cons
They do not send many shifts (3every 4days)
16 April 2018

Staff are amazing and make you feel welcomed
Varies (Current Employee) –  Islington, Greater London9 December 2017
Definitely will recommend to anyone looking for a agency with a PROFESSIONAL team and great jobs. Text message service is great, instant messages back from the team. I have loved all the jobs I have worked at so far wish I knew about catapult earlier and I have been paid on time which is a plus. App is amazeballs and it's easy peasy to apply for jobs.
Pros
Great Jobs, Pay and Staff
Cons
nothing right now
16 April 2018

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Catapult. Our community is ready to answer.