Catalyst Paper Employee Review
Was a good place to work
The owners of the mill are 3 greedy New York hedge fund companies that don't give care about the workers, the community or the mill itself. Management does not work with employees. They constantly head hunt to try and suspend employees and their safety program is a joke. At this moment the company is fighting with the 2 unions to bring a 2 tier wage system for their pulp operations where they want to pay new employees 17$ per hour for 7 years with out a raise and they want to restructure the 2 tier system that already exists in their paper operations. Tradesmen are paid lower than any other tradesmen in the province and operators make 6-7$ per hour less than any other operator in the pulp and paper industry. This was a great company to work for but has had a steady decline for the past 12 years. The way this company runs its operations, the mill won't last another 7 years. They do very little in the way of preventive maintenance and are running the mill into the ground
Ratings by category
The company and management
Management is so incompetent they interviewed me about a rumour. Very unprofessional! They don’t believe it necessary to interview an employee after 3 months or ever for that matter!
Have to be part of the old boys group to succeed with this company!
Want to know more about working here?
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Catalyst Paper. Our community is ready to answer.
Based on 68 reviews
Ratings by category
Questions about Catalyst Paper
- What is the work environment and culture like at Catalyst Paper?3 people answered
- How should you prepare for an interview at Catalyst Paper?3 people answered
- What are the perks offered by Catalyst Paper?2 people answered
- Is there a pre-employment drug test?One person answered
- Do employees have a holiday bankOne person answered
- What should you wear to an interview at Catalyst Paper?One person answered
- If you were to leave Catalyst Paper, what would be the reason?
- What is the work invironment
- In crofton does anyone know the entry lvl operations person shifts and how the wages work . Thank yo…
See all questions and answers
Catalyst Paper Reviews by Job Title
Catalyst Paper Reviews by Location