Cassels Brock & Blackwell Employee Reviews

3.7Pay & Benefits
Great Place to Intern
Accounting Intern (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 April 2017
Great team, but slow environment. It is a law firm, however, so accountants cannot expect too much.

Learned how to reconcile billable hours with master files.
A law firm that services its clients responsibly and with integrity and pride.
Law Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto,ON9 July 2015
I enjoyed my time at Cassels, Brock & Blackwell. The work was diverse and at all times interesting and fulfilling. In the Real Estate Department we handled subdivisions and condominiums as well as large mortgage transactions on behalf of Lenders and Borrowers. I handled a $100,000,000.00 mortgage refinancing of 13 properties in Ontario to its completion in a six-month time frame. Eventually there was a shortfall of $7 million which entailed arranging additional mortgage financing on another property. The most difficult part was co-ordinating preparation of some 48 discharges of mortgage in a limited time frame which was completed with the help of three other law clerk co-workers and the Corporate Department of the firm. The most enjoyable part was the successful completion on behalf of the Borrower.
Pros
Efforts were apreciated.
Cons
Long hours were required.