Casino Rama Employee Reviews

Environmental Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Orillia,Ont12 March 2018
Always be positive and treat everyone the way you want to be treated. The employees will respect you. Everyone liked me as I listened to them. They knew I would jump in and do the work along beside them.
26 March 2018

It sounds like you were really proud of your team. It is easy to be proud of the C.R.E.W. members at Casino Rama, they do a great job. We try to celebrate as much as possible and in February we beat the previous years' overall customer service score from the customer satisfaction survey. When this occurs in a month we often have a special menu at our Turtle Island Staff Dining Room (all you pay is the taxable benefit), which is what we did last weekend.

Worst place to work
Aesthetician (Former Employee) –  Hotel20 February 2018
Was employed as aesthetician. I have 13 years experience and the employed me all summer every weekend. Then they started reporting complaints about me when the work slowed down just before your probation is up so the union can't protect you. Oh so wrong in every way. Catty fellow workers. Hard to break into the clique. Wanna work here as an aesthetician. Forget it my advice.
Pros
Decent equipment and product
Cons
Fellow workers very catty and talk behind your back
23 March 2018

Thank you for sharing your opinion about Casino Rama Resort.

As noted under article 12.03 of the current collective agreement “The Employer may not terminate a probationary employee in an arbitrary, discriminatory or bad faith manner.”

We are very proud of our team of Esthetician who provide excellent service to our customers and overall have an average length of service with Casino Rama Resort of over 5 years. Our customers really like our C.R.E.W. as well, about 83% of the services provided at our resort are for repeat clientele.

We only want the best and that is what our team is. In a recent employee engagement survey the team indicated they scored 87% in overall engagement.

Our Estheticians are compensated with a base rate starting at $14.00 per hour, receiving an additional 50 cents per hour increase at 1800 hours worked and then another at 3600 hours worked. In addition our Estheticians receive a commission which in 2017 averaged at $10.22 per hour. Estheticians are provided with a uniform. But that is not all.

As a C.R.E.W. member at Casino Rama Resort, Estheticians receive;
- Paid Time Off (vacation + sick days + extra) at a rate of over 6% of their hours worked, with increases at 5 years and 10 years.
- Once they are eligible, enrollment in our health benefits and pension programs.
- Shift meal where all you pay is the taxable benefit of the meal.
- Access to our scheduling programs that allows you to swap or giveaway shifts to assist in managing your schedule.
- Be part of our fabulous recognition and reward program, and much more.

The Customer is always right, even when they are wrong. Beware
Table Games Dealer (Former Employee) –  Ontario2 February 2018
If you're looking for a 24/7 company to work for in Lake Country. This would be ideal for someone looking for a part-time job.
Most PT positions are for the evening & the grave shifts.
Eventually you will run into a player (Gambler) that will have a bad day.
The best thing is just to smile and wish them luck and exit that conversation if possible. Unless your a table games dealer.
The management team are friendly but they do have a job to do and quota's to meet. They are required to do evaluations on all employees and keep extensive day to day notes on employees.
ie: Employee requested to use the washroom 3 times today, Employee called out sick on 2 fridays in 2017. One in January. One in October. If you called out for a 3rd friday in that year. You have developed a "Pattern" and are subjected to discipline.

It's a big company with big problems, big time!
Pros
Paid meals, frequent breaks for dealers only
Cons
Management, employee moral due to management.
11 April 2018

Casino Rama Resort has many different types of part-time roles that would suit someone who is looking for just part-time work or someone who wants to eventually move into a full-time role. Just last year we had over 200 full-time vacancies filled by internal applicants.

Our most outstanding C.R.E.W. members (employees) are those who exude our core values of Teamwork, Quality, Respect, Integrity and Heart.

Fun, fast speed job
House person (Former Employee) –  Rama, SK27 December 2017
This job was a very good job to work at very straight forward easy to learn. Management was not sympathetic to any health issues and time off requests.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
Constent walking, equipment carrying
Fun workplace
Outlet Greeter (Former Employee) –  Orillia, ON11 November 2017
I have never loved a job as much as working for Casino Rama! The manager are great, the people you work with are great and it is a really fun atmosphere.Thank you for a great experience!
Pros
Free buffet lunch every shift, paid days off, able to pick up shifts
Cons
There is nothing negative to say about Casino Rama they were a great employer.
over all good experence
supervisor (Former Employee) –  Rama, SK8 November 2017
spent 15 years there. moved around working in different departments can get promoted and I did. now unionized so I am out of date on how things are now
Menial line/production work
Table Games Dealer (Former Employee) –  Rama, ON3 November 2017
Working on the floor on the tables was entertaining on good nights, menial on others. Table games mimicked working on a production floor in a warehouse setting.
good
Simcoe Yard House Server (Current Employee) –  Rama, SK26 October 2017
I really enjoy working here , staff and customers are great. Its always fun to come into, you're never bored or never not have anything to do. Overall it is a great place to work.
Fun place to work but too far away from home. An hour and half drive one way.
Table Games Dealer (Current Employee) –  Orillia, ON28 September 2017
It's a fun place to work with steady job. It's just too far from where I live. Free training on all the games. Unfortunately no salary increase for the last six years.
Pros
Steady job
Cons
Too far from home
Scheduling Clerk
Scheduling Clerk (Former Employee) –  Rama, SK28 September 2017
I mostly took care of Schedule changes made by workers, (dealers).
I've learnt a few things on Excel program, which was used . Most enjoyable part of the job was greeting workers and chatting about their needs and joke around.
Worst Job Ever
Housekeeping Attendant (Former Employee) –  Orillia, ON21 August 2017
Absolutely hated working at Casino Rama. Everything from the management to other staff... Worst Job of my life, and when you do everything possible to advance to another location,, you are ignored.
Pros
Turtle Island
Cons
No Advancement
9 September 2017

Thanks for sharing your opinion about our company on Indeed.com, we’re sorry to hear you didn’t enjoy your experience. If you’d like to share more with one of our HR representatives, we’d love to hear from you. Please email us at: HRmedia@casinorama.com.

good pay with benefits
D/R Coin/General Cashier (Former Employee) –  Rama, SK10 August 2017
dont remember much, but co-workers were great as were managers. upper management had no clue on what us frontline workers did on a daily basis. long days for me as it was an hour drive there and an hour drive back.
Great CoWorkers
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Rama, ON11 July 2017
Shifts continually cancelled. Unable to budget with such unsteady shift assignments.

Great staff, great customers. Meet lots of different types of people and I really enjoy that.
17 July 2017

Thanks for sharing your feedback with us. We're delighted to hear you enjoy interacting with C.R.E.W. and customers, and are sorry to hear about your shift assignments.

If you'd like to discuss your schedule with someone from our HR team, please contact us at hrmedia@casinorama.com.

Good Place to work
WARDROBE ATTENDANT (Former Employee) –  Rama, ON30 May 2017
The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing that the patrons had a good time. I would greet them when they arrived,and again when they were leaving so it was a very good day for me when the patrons were happy.
Pros
Free Lunch, Turkey or ham for christmas & easter
Cons
Part time, no guranteed hours
5 June 2017

Thanks for sharing your experience, we’re glad you enjoyed working as a Wardrobe Attendant!

Its Ok
Outlet CREW Member (Current Employee) –  Rama, ON9 May 2017
Cannot get enough shifts to even bother with the commute. Moved up from the city because apparently I would be getting minimum 30 hours a week, Have been given 8 a week. Talked to sup and maagement cant even apply in another department until 1600 probation period is over.... with 8 hours a week? Wont be staying long!
16 May 2017

We highly value C.R.E.W. feeback and are sorry to hear you are only receiving an eight hour work week. Please contact our HR Business Partner Labour Relations, Ron Hodgson, at hodgsonr@casinorama.com to discuss the details and how we can try to help.

Good job for younger people or stidents
Food and Beverage Server (Former Employee) –  Rama, ON4 May 2017
I'm actually really disappointed in casino Rama. I'm also a little irritated that indeed wouldn't let me continue without writing a review for my previous jobs
intresting work inviroment
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Orillia, ON30 April 2017
This was an interesting experience, there was a lot of great people that worked there lots of perks for the employees. Turtle island is what the staff cafeteria and you get all the same food that is offered to the customers in all the restaurants.
Pros
every day is an adventure
Cons
no job security
8 May 2017

We highly value C.R.E.W. feedback, thank you for sharing your experience. We are proud to say that almost 20% of our C.R.E.W. have been with us since Day 1!

good place to work
kitchen services & warehouse (Former Employee) –  Orillia, ON24 April 2017
I worked at casino rama for 7 years. I took care of the warehouse on grave shift. it was hard work but the people and the pay made it worth wile. I met some good friens and had a lot of fun.
Pros
good pay and holidays.
Cons
lots of hard work.
8 May 2017

Thanks for sharing your experience with us, we're glad you enjoyed your time here.

Hardwork and doesnt pay the greatest
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Orillia, ON10 April 2017
I enjoyed working at Casino Rama however as a house keeper. I did not find the wage to be good for the amount of work you do. Very physical job, you will stay in shape that is forsure.
8 May 2017

It's great to hear from former C.R.E.W. and we're happy you enjoyed your time here. We believe we offer a competitive total compensation package that includes not just wages but C.R.E.W. Events, Rewards and Recognition programs and complimentary meals in Turtle Island Cafe.

Not a great work environment
Barback/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Orillia, ON20 February 2017
I thought management was not the greatest, working nightshift was difficult but overall I grew very much as an employee there and learned alot of lessons within the workplace.
Pros
Many hours
Cons
not the greatest work environment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Casino Rama. Our community is ready to answer.

Casino Rama Reviews by Location